• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

London Bridge and Borough terrorist incident

See corbyn has no changed his mind on shoot to kill policy, cheap political manoeuvring. From liking him he is turning out as bad as the rest and just trying to say what he thinks will get him elected, he is no different to all the others, a career politician.

Would what he was filmed doing be enough for a custodial sentence? Or are we talking internment for likely wronguns?

Assuming he's a British national, where would you think we could send him?

Good question. I meant to say "live freely here".

Surely there should be some restrictions on openly admitting to being in a terrorist group - even if someone is only doing so for the "association".

Maybe Trump would agree to send them to the CIA....

Would what he was filmed doing be enough for a custodial sentence? Or are we talking internment for likely wronguns?

I'm no legal expert, nor have I seen the footage in question. However speaking in general terms, if openly "praying" to the flag of an organisation like ISIS on the streets of this country doesn't fall under the definition of a fairly serious offence, then I think we've got problems.

I think it's currently an individuals rights / freedom of speech to have ISIS flags and declare you are a member etc. so technically he didn't break any laws.

But, surely that's insanity & should be changed.

I can't imagine being seen praying in front of an ISIS flag is enough to prosecute someone. Unless he was known to be a member of a banned organisation, or there was proof that he was (at that time) enouraging, inciting or supporting a terrorist act.
There were plenty of people who were openly supportive of the IRA in general. It didn't make them all subject to arrest.
(Although there was internment for those suspected of involvement. And that worked well, didn't it! We should never live in a society where we imprison people "just in case").

Appearing on TV in that manner should however have been enough to flag him to the attention of the authorities as someone with the potential to be radicalised (or already radicalised and at risk of participating in terrorist activity). And maybe he was tracked by the authorities but as we all know, resources only stretch so far and decisions have to be taken as to where the higher priorities lie. Maybe something even more horrific was stopped by resources being focused elsewhere (and in saying that I am not in any way meaning to trivialise what happened on Saturday). Sufficient funding of the relevant agencies to track and intercept these people is more critical than it has ever been. But equally, funding and support is needed for those organisations that are trying to deal with these young people before things go too far, or trying to integrate them back into society after they have been de-radicalised, if there is such a word.
Cressida dingdong said this morning that on average they arrest one person everyday in connection with terrorist offences. There is so much that we never hear of.

As the saying goes, we have to be lucky all of the time, the terrorist only has to be lucky once.

As I've said before we have a liberal outlook in this country and much as I believe it's a wonderful thing it leaves us open to all sorts of abuse by people who wish to harm us and our society.

I think it's currently an individuals rights / freedom of speech to have ISIS flags and declare you are a member etc. so technically he didn't break any laws.

But, surely that's insanity & should be changed.

Its against the law in this country to be caught admitting alliance to ISIS, I think the term its illegal if clear that they are a supporter or member of a proscribed organisation such as ISIS.

Its against the law in this country to be caught admitting alliance to ISIS, I think the term its illegal if clear that they are a supporter or member of a proscribed organisation such as ISIS.

I don't know how much clearer such a thing could be made than openly "praying" to the flag...

This is the kind of thing that makes people very, very angry in my opinion. If such open displays of hatred towards our values had been stamped on years ago, I don't think we'd be where we are now.

Saint Helena has got form. Tristan da Cunha? Rockall?

St Helena has to much population now, would be unfair on them..
How about St Kilda, that is nice and remote, round up all the sympathisers in a Herc and do a quick transport drop over a flat' ish area?

Or we could try Gruinard Island and see if we can stir a bit of the anthrax up beforehand? But it is to close to the mainland so rescue is easy :(

I just want to say I think the security services have an uphill job with the amount of extremists we have in this country and I would not attribute any blame to them. Also think the talk about cuts in services, the is only so much money in the country and if we do not make some cuts in the police force then we have to make more cuts elsewhere.

I do not like us cosying up to the Saudis but I assume the is a net profit to the country, the are a lot of good points in this thread, and maybe it shows my very fiscal oriented sensibilities but I think people need to be more aware of how money works. Though leaving school at 15 I ran my own locksmith business for 15 years. I know about balancing a business and sometimes you have to go without if the money is not there.

This country is making less and less money the police, doctors and teachers all perform an essential service but their wages come from the taxpayer, if we are making less money cuts have to come from somewhere. I think the government should realise a football manager style computer game about politics where the user has to budget for the entire economy so the public have a better idea of how to budget for things.

3f92c65d3a442398d699cb48e68f67ff.jpg

Earlier today, this lovely young lass told me I needed to go back to Paris and commit my terrorist attacks over there and not attack her own. As a British citizen it was her 'right' to tell me this. She also called me Novak Djokovic's wife.

I've always wanted to live in Paris for a bit but I dont understand what she has against the French? Or Novak Djokovic. Or his wife...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back