• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason it will be pulled will be because they got refused insurance on him. That's why only desperate clubs would touch Ba. Levy wouldn't take that risk (even if the fee is lowish, you are probably committing £10m+ in wages too.

but according to those in the know, we were very much in for Remy until he decided he wanted to go to a CL club......considering that our scout/QPR's ex scout Broomfield will know all about Remy and his heart, id say that Levy was prepared to take the risk and was ok with bringing in Remy

I was actually quite impressed with the way Soldado held up the ball and waiting for others to get involved in the game.

but according to those in the know, we were very much in for Remy until he decided he wanted to go to a CL club......considering that our scout/QPR's ex scout Broomfield will know all about Remy and his heart, id say that Levy was prepared to take the risk and was ok with bringing in Remy

But he's just failed a medical. It's not like Liverpool suddenly went off him.

Their medical assessment was that he's not going to be fit enough over the course of the next 4-5 years to justify spending £8m. That's pretty damning. Closer to a write-off than a failed MOT.

Did Broomfield ever work at QPR?

I thought he left us to set up his own private transfer consultancy company, and returned when that didn't work out?

But he's just failed a medical. It's not like Liverpool suddenly went off him.

Their medical assessment was that he's not going to be fit enough over the course of the next 4-5 years to justify spending £8m. That's pretty damning. Closer to a write-off than a failed MOT.

they decided not to take the risk. Their choice. Another club will take the risk.

The issue is probably insurance. A player with a heart problem dying during playing is a scenario that would be hard to cover for a highly paid footballer. Very few would insure him. I assume Qpr and others found ways around it.

The issue is probably insurance. A player with a heart problem dying during playing is a scenario that would be hard to cover for a highly paid footballer. Very few would insure him. I assume Qpr and others found ways around it.

He'll have to be played without insurance. That's what happened with Ba after his glass knee was discovered during the Stoke medical.

Then, if the hazard happens, the club end up losing £20m in one fell swoop (writing off the asset and still having to pay the wages for the remainder of the contract, unless the prematurely retired player volunteers to waive them).

Harry thinks Liverpool have just changed their mind and are using the medical as a smokescreen.

Last edited:
Origi was signed very quickly afterwards, maybe they either a) saw something risky in the medical and on the balance of risk chose not to commit, b) he acted like an idiot and they changed their minds or c) Origi was the real target and he was on his way elsewhere and that fell through.

Origi was agreed weeks ago. Remy would have been signed too if he'd passed the medical

Origi was agreed weeks ago. Remy would have been signed too if he'd passed the medical

Yeah, and Origi was quite clearly signed to be loaned out it would seem. I don't think the two are connected either.

What I find a bit strange is that his heart condition has been reported quite widely in the past, so why would they go after him knowing that and then pulling the plug based on that? I suppose they didn't quite know the extent of the condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back