• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Loic Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely the epl must have some rule about putting people with heart defects to work?

If the Premier League was to have such a rule I think EU law would see it promptly removed.

We should be all over this deal now. Hope Levy's on the phone to QPR

If the Premier League was to have such a rule I think EU law would see it promptly removed.

Yeah, sign a player who could drop dead on the pitch at a moments notice. That sounds like it's going to end well for us.

Rent doesn't really have many of the attributes I'd want in a third striker, doesn't offer anything different to those we've already got either. Get someone young with potential in and throw them in during Europa and domestic cup games to get some experience.

Or just keep Harry Kane, he's looked handy when he's played.

The reason it will be pulled will be because they got refused insurance on him. That's why only desperate clubs would touch Ba. Levy wouldn't take that risk (even if the fee is lowish, you are probably committing £10m+ in wages too.

The reason it will be pulled will be because they got refused insurance on him. That's why only desperate clubs would touch Ba. Levy wouldn't take that risk (even if the fee is lowish, you are probably committing £10m+ in wages too.

Chelski are not a desperate club.

Remy would suit Poch's style of play more than any others striker that looks available imo.

Chelski are not a desperate club.

Remy would suit Poch's style of play more than any others striker that looks available imo.

But they could afford to right-off the investment - no need for prudence like properly run clubs have to employee. I was thinking more Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham though - the first two that picked him up after the medical info on Ba's knee came to light.

I don't know about that. At Soton he used Lambert - an intelligent player who could play with his back to goal. Remy is the polar opposite of that - a physical player who runs from deep/wide with his head down.

But they could afford to right-off the investment - no need for prudence like properly run clubs have to employee. I was thinking more Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham though - the first two that picked him up after the medical info on Ba's knee came to light.

I don't know about that. At Soton he used Lambert - an intelligent player who could play with his back to goal. Remy is the polar opposite of that - a physical player who runs from deep/wide with his head down.

but Soldado clearly can not play with his back to goal but you would start him?

but Soldado clearly can not play with his back to goal but you would start him?

Particularly in the games I watched at the Lane, I thought Soldado's link-up play at times was excellent (something I'd noticed far less when watching on tv).

I also think, different to Southampton, we will be camped in opponents' halves much more. I think Soldado's movement and ability to find space will prove very useful for us. That's probably something different from Southampton who had more need for a #9 (albeit one how could drop deep and do the #10 role as well)

For me Remy only suits poorer teams who play on the break. He offers nothing when there's a defence set in front of him, like we have to counter nearly all the time.

I'm also in the camp that soldado's build up play was better than I expected, he's no berbatov or anything, but he showed some impressive touches and passes at times. He had to really because his finishing was very poor last season. I'm looking forward to watching him this year.

Soldado's movement? Where has this myth come from. He's incredibly lazy and petulant.

Soldado's back to goal ability? The expectations became so, so low, because he was so, so bad, that a few nice touches here and there were massively exaggerated.

It's a shame his own desire to succeed doesn't mirror the supporters'.

Let me make 1 thing clear...

build up play and being good with his back to goal are not the same thing. I certainly felt Soldado's build up play was better than anything i saw him do at Valencia but he was still pretty damn poor with his back to goal.

Yeah i remember some games in the 2nd half of the season being shocked when i saw him with his back to goal, holding off defenders and laying it off. At least to me anyway there was a clear change in his style of play. Because he never used to do that before

wow it's unreal how people see things differently.

I thought his build up play was pretty decent in the first half of the season under AVB. Second half of the season it was non existent imo.

Yea I can't argue with that KD, first half of the season he seemed far more involved in the build up than second half, but then he played a lot more under AVB as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back