• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Living room, new tele, Spurs sign and ****erel above it?

looks nice, you should get some LED's behind the TV. will add some colour and less eye strain as well as a slightly improved picture.

Some rear bias lighting will help with getting better blacks on TVs

So the backlighting changes the internal components of your tv?

Or do you mean that the light pollution will make your eyes less capable of detecting how bad your TV is at showing blacks?

My old man put a board on the wall to take the weight of the tele as my old tele was a huge plasma and my walls are only plaster. I do need to get rid, maybe my walls can take the LED weight without the board now?

Your walls will have studs behind the plaster, just find them and screw your bracket into them.

So the backlighting changes the internal components of your tv?

Or do you mean that the light pollution will make your eyes less capable of detecting how bad your TV is at showing blacks?

Yes your eyes will detect better blacks even tho nothing actually changes the components on the TV

Yes your eyes will detect better blacks even tho nothing actually changes the components on the TV

That's not possible. The best blacks your tv can produce are the best it can produce. The best your eyes can see them is in a totally dark room.

What you're suggesting is to introduce light pollution so that you are incapable of distinguishing between some levels of black - why would anyone want to do that?

i read about it on AV Forums a while back. I dont know actually how it works. something to do with light bouncing off your eyes.

i read about it on AV Forums a while back. I dont know actually how it works. something to do with light bouncing off your eyes.

Just done some reading up on it.

It seems to me that backlighting makes the experience of watching films, etc more pleasant but less accurate. Unless you're planning some kind of marathon film session I wouldn't bother.

So I haven't put this up properly yet but what do you think? With my Ginola framed shirt to the left? It's a sticker above so can easily come off......
yve5ytez.jpg

Yeah, in danger of it looking a bit like a sports bar. Could either the shirt or the sign go on a side wall? You dont want to have too much to stare at. WHL sign over the TV is a good shout.

Back