• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liverpool will have a better team than us.

colin fishwick

Reto Ziegler
Suarez is not going, they bought Coutinho last year and are in talks to buy Willian.

They will have three top tier creative players, they also have Sturridge who is very decent.

For all the money we will have spent , if we lose Bale [ which is a lot more likely than Suarez going ] we will have fallen behind them in some ways.

Last year we bought 3 players, Dempsey, Sigi and Dembele Arsenal bought Cazorla who was better than all three .

We can't leave out the X Factor.

Unfortnately we have outspent Arsenal time amd time again only for them to still have better players. Under Levy, this is the norm.

Last edited:
If you class Sturridge as a creative player, then I feel for you.

I'd suggest we're far from done in this transfer market, so don't throw yourself off the nearest suspension bridge in despair quite yet.

Ok, so who's going to be the first to compose a Spurs/Liverpool XI?

I expect someone has beat me to it but...:

I'd venture with Lloris, Johnson, Vertonghen, Agger, Enrique, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Coutinho, Suarez and Soldado

That's assuming that Suarez stays and Bale leaves.

If you class Sturridge as a creative player, then I feel for you.

I'd suggest we're far from done in this transfer market, so don't throw yourself off the nearest suspension bridge in despair quite yet.

Did not class Sturrudge as a creative player, but the other 3 will more creative than anything we have, if we sell Bale, which is likely.

Ok, so who's going to be the first to compose a Spurs/Liverpool XI?

I expect someone has beat me to it but...:

I'd venture with Lloris, Johnson, Vertonghen, Agger, Enrique, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Coutinho, Suarez and Soldado

That's assuming that Suarez stays and Bale leaves.

Thats 5 Liverpool, put Willian in there and it will be 6 . With them having the three most creative.

Our team could be solid but flat,

Massive...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376653552.878402.jpg

And they are only In talks to sign one player, jeez imagine if they sign 2.. All the other teams may as well not turn up..

Liverpool league Champions 2013/14

Did not class Sturrudge as a creative player, but the other 3 will more creative than anything we have, if we sell Bale, which is likely.

If we sell Bale, we will likely buy Lamela. I'd suggest he is more creative than Willian (an inconsistent player). We also are 'reportedly' (the same word used in claims that Liverpool are negotiating with Willian) in talks to secure a double deal with Roma, with Pjanic coming as well. I'd suggest he at the very least matches Coutinho in the creativity stakes.

We'll survive, mate. And I suspect Lamela will be arriving regardless of whether Bale leaves.

Massive...

View attachment 1585

And they are only In talks to sign one player, jeez imagine if they sign 2.. All the other teams may as well not turn up..

Liverpool league Champions 2013/14

Who is probably better than all our signings, plus they keep their best player and we lose ours.

Levy is very capable of outspending our rivals, but them ending up improving more.

my pennies worth

they do have some good players, however, their manager is an idiot, their defence is brick and they insist on playing Gerrard every game so any tactical system they attempt will collapse as soon as he gets bored and moves up front

Liverpool:

How about we wait until the transfer window closes, or discuss what has actually has happened so far?

Bale leaving might be more likely than Suarez leaving. But you're saying that they will have 3 top tier creative players, ignoring for now that Coutinho isn't top tier yet, is it really more likely that Suarez is staying and they sign Willian than us selling Bale without bringing in adequate replacements? You see already we're going down a rabbit hole of ifs and maybes, see the above paragraph.

Arsenal and money spent:

Us outspending them is only true in the most tabloid overly simplistic net spend interpretation of events in my opinion.

Arsenal's reported yearly wage budget was £143.3m compared to our budget of £90.2m in 2011/12. Source: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2013/04/show-me-money.html

That's a difference of over £50m per season in money spent not included in the estimate you base your "we have outspent Arsenal time amd time again" statement on I'm guessing?

If we sell Bale, we will likely buy Lamela. I'd suggest he is more creative than Willian (an inconsistent player). We also are 'reportedly' (the same word used in claims that Liverpool are negotiating with Willian) in talks to secure a double deal with Roma, with Pjanic coming as well. I'd suggest he at the very least matches Coutinho in the creativity stakes.

We'll survive, mate. And I suspect Lamela will be arriving regardless of whether Bale leaves.

If we buy Lamela and keep Bale , we will be more than alright.

That would mean Levy and us, getting things bang on. That would be something he and us have not come close to doing before.

Under Sugar, we were after Hasslebank, but were £2m out in our bid, we went for Rebrov instead.

My suspicion is something like that will happen again. we will sell Bale at the last minute, end up out missing out on Lamela and buying Tom Ince instead.

Just we we missed out on Mountinho last year and ended up with Dempsey and Sigi.

I find it strange that Johnson is in there over Walker. They are virtually the same player, both inconsistent defensively, both better going forward and with Walker's pace he has the better basic tools to become a better defender.

I still think we have the better squad. My XI would be:

Lloris
Walker
Vertonghen
Kaboul or Agger - before Kaboul's injury I honestly feel there wasn't much between them.
Enrique or BAE - Both aren't the greatest LB, Enrique has the pace but BAE is more skillful so its a hard call
Sandro
Paulinho
Coutinho
Lennon
Suarez
Soldado

So depending on style of play some would pick Enqrique or Agger over Kaboul etc but for it could potentially mean 8 Spurs and only 3 Liverpool if not.

my pennies worth

they do have some good players, however, their manager is an idiot, their defence is brick and they insist on playing Gerrard every game so any tactical system they attempt will collapse as soon as he gets bored and moves up front

Agree, Gerrard is their problem. I did not include him as a top player or a creative one. Eventually a manager will have the balls to drop him.

Back