• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liverpool fan in peace!

stuartrdon

Phil Ifil
Hey guys, I'm a Liverpool fan and a member of the Kopblocks.com forum. We run a feature before all of our games where we ask the fans of our coming opposition a few questions to give us an idea how they're feeling about the game, their season etc.

Thanks in advance for your answers, looking forward to hearing them!

1. Sum up your season so far in 5 words.
2. Was AVB given enough time? And do you feel that Tim Sherwood is the right man for the job? If not, then who would you like to see instead?
3. Should Daniel Levy have held on to Bale in the summer? Or do you feel he was right to let go of a player who wanted to leave?
4. A lot of the summer replacements have been dubbed as flops. What’s gone wrong for them? And who do you feel has performed well?
5. Does it annoy you guys as much as it annoys us that whenever you’re linked to a player we’re linked to the same player and vice versa?
6. How much do you feel – if at all – that the Europa League has hindered your campaign
7. What do you think went wrong in the reverse fixture for you guys?
8. If you could have anyone other than Suarez from our team, who would it be? And who would you like to send in the opposite direction and why?
9. Where will the game on Sunday be won and lost for you guys?
10. How do you see the game on Sunday going and what will the final score be?
11. Finally, where do you think both sides will finish in the league?

Also, feel free to join kopblocks.com if you wish, it's always nice to hear differing points of view on games and transfers etc.

Thanks

There's never a dull moment
2. Was AVB given enough time? And do you feel that Tim Sherwood is the right man for the job? If not, then who would you like to see instead?
No, i don't think he was - 7 new signings and over coming the loss of Bale are just 2 examples that for me should have afforded him to the end of the season, but that said apparently there were other reasons for his departure including a rather apathetic outlook on whether he kept the job or not.
No, i don't think Sherwood is the right man for the job - not really based on anything that he has or has not done during his time in charge, just for the simple fact that he has zero experience managing a professional football team (never mind what must be one of the most difficult jobs in football) - I do think he could potentially become a good manager, he is well thought of behind the scenes at Tottenham and he hasn't done too badly overall with us thus far i guess.

3. Should Daniel Levy have held on to Bale in the summer? Or do you feel he was right to let go of a player who wanted to leave?
there's as many arguments for as there are against - bottom line for me is that it was a world record amount of money and we aren't club that can turn that down.
4. A lot of the summer replacements have been dubbed as flops. What’s gone wrong for them? And who do you feel has performed well?
in short - too many new players arriving at one time - i don't think any of the players we bought are bad footballers just that the settling in process has been lengthened due to the number coming in. id be happy for them all to stay and id be confident that they all will give a much better show of themselves next season. but based on what we have seen, in order of best to worst :
Eriksen>Chiriches>Soldado>Paulhino>Chadli>Lamela

5. Does it annoy you guys as much as it annoys us that whenever you’re linked to a player we’re linked to the same player and vice versa?
i think we find it funny tbh, mainly because you guys seem to react quite badly to it - it's always "Spurs trying to nick our targets" even the times when you are linked to players we've been after for ages! we're two clubs in similar positions, we'll be going for the same players a lot of the time - Im just happy it's now Liverpool targets we're being linked with rather than Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc that we were used to a few seasons ago
6. How much do you feel – if at all – that the Europa League has hindered your campaign
I don't think we'd be a better team for not being in the Europa League this season - potentially we could have picked up a couple of points more, but i like being in Europe and it's something you need to overcome rather than to hope you're not part of it.
everything
8. If you could have anyone other than Suarez from our team, who would it be? And who would you like to send in the opposite direction and why?
Couthino - him an Eriksen would link up well in a 4231 formation i reckon - Couthino the more advanced of the two.
Naughton - he's not very good.

9. Where will the game on Sunday be won and lost for you?
in the minds of the players id imagine we already have admitted defeat. we start slow almost every game under Sherwood and i think the game as a contest could be over within the first 20 minutes. if we somehow get to half time ony a goal behind (or better) we could possibly have a second half whereby we claw ourselves back in to it.
you're gonna destroy us from start to finish - 6-0
11. Finally, where do you think both sides will finish in the league
you'll push for the title, probably just miss out - id wager 2nd.
we'll be inconsistent points wise and lose out on 5th to Everton, who may even jump above Arsenal (fingers crossed)

Head scratching. bewildering. unexplainable. Spurs

I don't personally think so. It's been argued over and over on here and it's a very split opinion. One one hand the football was dire. But up until the City defeat we were ok defensively. It seemed to really dent our confidence, and since we've been reeling quite badly. I don't buy the opinion that AVB was in over his head, I think he's still a bright young coach with some good ideas, but the balance of the squad is not quite right and the team lack a discernible pattern of play.

Tim Sherwood? Not for me. He's not been all bad. But the decision to hire him and allow him to use the 5th best side in the country as a learning ground was somewhat bewildering to me. His actions have embarrassed me as a fan quite a bit. His touch line antics a little over the top and I didn't agree with the public slating. I understood what he was trying to do, but I think his position was not strong enough to get away with that.

Most importantly, I don't see the team progressing in terms of a style of football. We lack an identity. Probably since the likes of King, Modric and VdV left. Bale papered over some cracks. But now we need to rediscover the swagger oftne associated with our great club. Even when we were not so great, we were still reknowned for playing some good football.

I don't think he could have done anything tbh. I'm fairly certain despite all the talk of Liverpool holding on to Suarez, that had Real tabled an £85m offer and waged an all out assault on getting Suarez everyday in Marca, quoting his agent etc... that he would have also been sold.

I think signings often will flop and some will sparkle. Some will take some time. I think we are still suffering from trying to rebuild from the Modric days somewhat and that hasn't helped the new lads. For me players like Soldado need service clever ball playing midfielders like Silva, Mata, Cazorla etc to really be effective.

Eriksen has been a success. Chadli is now starting to show a lot more promise. Chiriches has the tools to be very good. Capoue has had a stop start season but shown promise.

Lamela I still hold high hopes for. He struggled big time this year but I still think there is a big future for him here.

Paulinho... I struggle with. I don't see the same player I have seen previously for Brazil. Perhaps saving himself for the world cup. Tim Vickery still insists he's the better player out of him and Fernandinho. I won't write him or any of our signings off just yet. I would like to see how good they look with a proper coach with a plan who plays progressive football.

Not really. We usually steal them! :p

Seriously though I think it's just a sign that we are looking for the best talent and also up until now, for the last few years we've probably been at the same level in terms of not being able to provide CL football. Obviously that will change for you guys this year and may mean you are open to better signings than we are capable of.

I don't like to say it has because I still think there is a lot of prestige in the competition. It has helped keep a lot of the squad happy enough as we were able to play Lamela and co and give them valuable game time.

However it's less time on the training pitch with one another focussing on patterns, drills and understanding. Also if you want to be a regular CL team, it's something you need to get used to. Unfortunately it has cost us over the last few seasons. (Losing Bale for several games against Basel)

A mixture of things. The high line. The inexperienced pairing of Capoue and Dawson. I think most importantly we were in shock at how far Liverpool had progressed. No one saw that coming on our side to be fair. Not 5-0. Paulinho was terrible but once he went off you could see that we just gave up. Naughton really struggled with Sterling. And we were ruthlessly exposed by the way you pressed the ball. The front four or five squeezed us at the back as well as any other side I've seen in the league. Probably the best.

I quite like either Sterling or Coutinho. I know popular opinion will be Sturridge and I'm hugely tempted by him too. Opposite direction? You choose, Danny Rose or Kyle Naughton.

I think we'll either be tactically exposed again or a horrible mistake will be the start of another mauling. We are just an accident waiting to happen in defence.

I don't mind so much if we are just undone by some brilliance. That's easier to take.

Think Liverpool will start quickly as they often do, be one up in the first 5 mins. I think maybe 4-1 to Liverpool unfortunately. I've never felt such little confidence going into a game, at least not for a long time. It's probably more to do with us than you lot tbh. We are so incredible nervy and just not playing very well.

Spurs 6th. Liverpool ummmm.... 2nd. No 3rd. Hard one, anything is possible!!

Hey guys, I'm a Liverpool fan and a member of the Kopblocks.com forum. We run a feature before all of our games where we ask the fans of our coming opposition a few questions to give us an idea how they're feeling about the game, their season etc.

a cluster**** of turgid bull****
For me this all falls under hindsight. At the time it was right to let him go, under Sherwood he has proven that he is lost whereas AVB had a style implemented in the team if ineffective! But under AVB we would not have done as well as he would not have played Adebayor who has been brilliant under Sherwood.... As you can see it is not a simple answer and I would go with Sherwood becuase of playing Ade (where would we be without him?) buut Sherwood is not the longterm answer...
There is a lot of talk af De Boer and LVG... I dont have a clue who I want in, I just want to see us playing good attacking football again! we did what you are doing under Harry a few years back and I miss it

No one holds on to a player if a world record bid comes in. Do you honestly believe Suarez would be at anfield if a bid that big came in... no
For me Soldado is class, his career has proven it. He has suffered through terrible attacking tactics and not given a consistent run under Sherwood even after he scores.
Erikson is quickly becoming our best player
Chadli/ Paulinhio/ Chriches have all been very inconsistent
Lemela... is he injured? is he having a mental break down? no-one will really find out... most spurs fans just want to let him have a run of games to see how good he is after so much promise with Roma

Not really... we normally sign them lol
how are we meant to battle on all fronts if we qualify for the champions league if the players do not get used to it. We have looked more lathargic after EL games, but only really lost 3-5 points becuase of this
I do not have enough time before kick off on sunday to list them
Sturridge, he would work wonders with Soldado... you can have Townsend as he has no end product ;)
If we dont come out the blocks ready for your onslaught it will be over before we finish our first pint... We normally come out in the first half slowly so this does worry me
4.0 I just see you ripping to shreds our out of form defence
you will finish 3rd behind City and Chelsea who have too much, we will be 6th behind **** and everton

see above

An absolutely awful ****ing disgrace.
No, no, i'm at a loss, Spalletti maybe.

He's one of the best players in the world, I think he should have tried a bit harder.

Time to settle, playing under trying circumstances between management and board. Other than Lamela, who we haven't seen, and Paulinho who has been a let down I think they have all show promise.

I think its the nature of where the two clubs were at 8 months ago, shopping in the same supermarket if you will.

Massively, over the last couple of seasons there has been a definite knock off in league form immediately after EL games.

Everything, probably ignited by the growing feud between board and management.

Coutinho. Townsend, he'd take over all your shots and negate your scoring threat.

It's probably already lost, an early goal could lead to another cricket score.

Hoping we can keep in tight and get out of there with a narrow defeat.

3rd and 7th.

I can not be bothered to answer you questions as im Lazy but I respect your a proper fan just trying to get an understanding of another club. Back to what football used to be nice rivalries but nothing to serious.

You will stuff is this weekend, our high defensive line and dodgy defending combined with in my opinion the best attack in the league means you will run up a cricket score...again.

This is Tottenham it is just the way it goes with us and to be frank I think I would hate us to ever become good because I would not know how to behave.

Just hope you boys go on and win the league.

Oh yeah and give us back Inglethorpe.

Complete waste of a year

Yes, No, Anyone that can take a decent squad and get them playing with some sort of an idea! Hopefully LvG

He wanted out and the money spent on all the replacements should've been enough to strengthen us in all areas and not rely on one player (Hasn't quite worked out that way though)

Too much chopping and changing and not many of them have had a decent run in the side to be fair, Eriksen playing regularly is starting to impressthe most, Chadli has also played well in recent games, others like Lamela need to get fit and have a run of games to see how good they can be.

It's better than being linked with the same players as Fulham and Stoke ;)

I think it has definitely hindered us, but with our squad we should have coped better.

Everything/Playing a high-line when we aren't any good at it!

Whoever you play at LB.. in fact anyone you have who can play LB

It all depends on who we have at the back.. on recent form whichever defence plays better

goals galore, 7-3 Liverpool

You 3rd, Us 6th

Yet Another Season Of Transition
I do, while you can't argue overall he got some good results, this season our style of play was absolutely dire we never looked like scoring and his tactics/set up seemed to favor 1-0 which is certainly not the Spurs way. I think Sherwood has done a pretty good job all things considered. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting a fair shake to start next season but I also realize we will probably be bringing in a foreign coach with a bigger reputation.
No, I think we would have been legit title contenders with him this season. I understand the amount of cash we received is almost impossible to pass up but after the window shut he would have got on with his football and no doubt we would have gotten a huge fee this summer. (Like the Modric situation wish we handled much better)
Way too many changes both in player personnel and in the back room. I think also some have struggled to adjust to the quickness of the league If I had to rate them on performance overall I would go: Eriksen, Chiriches, Chadli, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela
I find it quite funny, i love reading the conspiracy talk from Liverpool supporters especially because some are players we have tracked for ages. It is inevitable though we are in similar spots in the table and outside of CL we will no doubt be after the same players.
I would say minimal. I don't get this whole Europa hangover thought? What is the difference in playing Weds/Sat in CL then Thur/Sun in Europa? My feeling is if our aim is CL we need our players to be used to playing those games anyway. Not to mention I still enjoy European ties as I remember many years we were in midtable or lower wishing we were in Europe!
7. What do you think went wrong in the reverse fixture for you guys? Shocking display plenty of blame to go around
8. If you could have anyone other than Suarez from our team, who would it be? And who would you like to send in the opposite direction and why? Sturridge, always rated him and was hoping we went in for him when you got him (although unlikely Chelsea would ever sell to us). He has really flourished and dare I say been better than Suarez for portions of this season. You can have Dembele he will do a trick in slowing down your attacking pace
Playing the high line I just see inevitable doom as teams far worse have sliced us open at ease, I suppose if we can nick an early goal it could make things more interesting
10. How do you see the game on Sunday going and what will the final score be? No amount of alcohol or drugs can make this enjoyable 1-5
11. Finally, where do you think both sides will finish in the league? I think 2nd is inevitable for you behind cash cows City or Chelsea maybe both which would be unlucky. I think we will end up in our favorite 5th position. We have a very tame run in and little to play for so pressure will be off think we will have a good run and just nip Everton

Moving backwards at alarming pace

We were never going to get relegated, so I would have preferred to give him until the end of the season. Timmah is so much of a maverick, I warm to him when he started but the last few weeks has shown up his inexperience. Van Gaal to come in would be nice, he'd instill a bit more professionalism and make us a harder team to beat.

the board should have doubled his wages this season, and set an agreement to sell him to Real next season for a set price if we didn't make it into the CL. Call me mental but I think we would have 100% been in the top 4 with him and a couple of astute signings, and possibly even in Liverpools enviable position of being bonafide serious title contenders. To me the money doesn't matter, I'd rather we held on to our best players instead of flogging them off every season.

The only real flop for me is Paulinho. Yea he's scored a couple of goals, but his overall play appears atroicious, I have no idea what his true position is. I'd go as far as saying Jenas is/was better when he was with us, but cos Paulinho has a fancy Brazilian name he's apparently untouchable. Hopefully cut our losses on him this summer with Holtby taking his berth in the squad. Lamela has been injured and has had troubling settling into a whole new country, but I've seen the boy play and am sure he will come good next season. Eriksen has been excellent, but only more-so lately, turning out to be a bargain. Jury is still out on the rest.

Not really, I don't really get excited about 'linked' players anymore, cos we're linked with so many! Although next season you lot will be looking at a higher bracket of player so hopefully our targets wont cross over anymore!

So will use it as an excuse, but when you;re in the CL you also play 2 games a week. Should be using it to condition players into getting used to 2 games a week if we're ever going to become CL regulars. Was also a chance for a bit of silverware, but thats gone now so maybe next year!

I've erased it from memory, next question...

Sturridge for obvious reasons, I rate him easily as Englands best striker. You can have all of our fullbacks. I don't rate any of them.

Need to press you lot early on, although inevitable we'll concede an early goal and heads will drop.

A draw would be a phenomenal result, but I expect a comfortable 2 or 3 nil to Liverpool. Hopefully your players will take the foot off the gas a little bit to conserve energy for the run in. (unlikely!)

Liverpool will win the title. Theres no fear in the players and importantly no pressure either. Will also help compound United miserable season with Liverpool winning the league immediately after Fergies departure! Spurs 6th.

Last edited:

1.Sum up your season so far in 5 words.

The spurs way. Transitional.

2.Was AVB given enough time? And do you feel that Tim Sherwood is the right man for the job? If not, then who would you like to see instead?

Yes. No, not enough experience, De Boer would be my pick. Klopp if miracles ever happened.

3.Should Daniel Levy have held on to Bale in the summer? Or do you feel he was right to let go of a player who wanted to leave?

He held modric for a season, but this time, the money was far too much to turn down.

4.A lot of the summer replacements have been dubbed as flops. What’s gone wrong for them? And who do you feel has performed well?

Injuries, too complicated tactics (AVB).
Soldado has shown glimpses as has Eriksen. Chiriches will be excellent as will Lamela.

5.Does it annoy you guys as much as it annoys us that whenever you’re linked to a player we’re linked to the same player and vice versa?

Not really, it's just tabloid bull****.

6.How much do you feel – if at all – that the Europa League has hindered your campaign

This club is nothing without Europe.

7.What do you think went wrong in the reverse fixture for you guys?

No-one kicked Suarez hard enough.

8.If you could have anyone other than Suarez from our team, who would it be? And who would you like to send in the opposite direction and why?

Sakho, good young centre half, highly rated, will come good for you.
Naughton can **** off.

9.Where will the game on Sunday be won and lost for you guys?

You ship goals, ade, soldado and Eriksen could have a field day.
We ship goals, Suarez, sturridge and sterling could have a field day :)

10.How do you see the game on Sunday going and what will the final score be?

Epic 4-4 draw

11.Finally, where do you think both sides will finish in the league?

You boys 3rd behind chavski and Emirates Marketing Project.
5th again

Also, feel free to join kopblocks.com if you wish, it's always nice to hear differing points of view on games and transfers etc.

Thanks

Only three - Disappointing, as expected.

Yes, one and a half season of dire football was enough. I'd take a gamble on Luis Van Gaal any day of the week. Nothing wrong with Sherwood, per se, but we need a boost from somewhere.

I generally think a team benefits from having players that wants to play for the team, but then again, seeing as how Suarez suddenly turned around and signed a new contract with you, maybe we should've tried harder to keep him. Although it would probably only mean another season of having to live on his contributions.

They need time. A couple of them have barely gotten any games (Capoue, Lamela), and quite a few have been playing regularly out of position (Soldado as a lone striker, Capoue as a center back, for instance). Eriksen has been the best of the lot, and Chiriches has shown some promise, although he is far too much of a risk on the ball too often. Soldado is a class player, but his finishing has let him down. I think he'll come good eventually. Lamela's been out injured for most of the season, and has obviously struggled getting to grips with living in England. He'll come good to if we give him time. The ones I'm not so sure about are Capoue and Chadli, both seem like quite average players, although both has shown signs of promise. Paulinho, I don't know what anyone has ever seen in this guy - he's been invisible for most of the season, doesn't seem like he's enjoying his football the least.

Not really.

6. How much do you feel – if at all – that the Europa League has hindered your campaign?

We've had our "Euro hangovers", much thanks to our managers selecting too strong sides for our opposition. Playing our best 11 away to Tromsø on a snowy night in a game that was anything but exciting, just days before an important PL match, makes absolutely no sense. And we've done this too often. Should've given the kids more starts in the group matches.

AVB's high backline with slow defenders against your speedy lot. That, coupled with a very poor team attitude and no will to fight for the team.

Coutinho, Sturridge or Sterling. Anyone of those would make our team better. You could have Jake Livermore, hehehe.

Our central midfield won't be up to the task, we're too weak and too slow, and our defenders are too slow and not great at positioning themselves. I can't for the life of me see us getting a point on Sunday.

I'm predicting another 5-0 win to the scousers. Honestly, 5-0.

Liverpool might actually win it. For me personally, I'd rather see City win it, but if either you or City win it, it'll be proof that you can play attacking positive football in 2014 and win major trophies, and ultimately that would be a lot better than seeing boring Chelski win it. I think we'll finish 6th.

Last edited:
Imithe go hIfreann i gciseán láimhe. That's 6, but it'd be 7 in English, so Sepp says I'm moving in the right direction.

On AVB, I don't think it was a question of his being given more time; I think he wanted out and brought matters to a head himself. As for Sherwood, I think his appointment was almost a given, AVB having departed, so whether or not he was the right man for the job at the time was and is moot. I don't think he's the right man for us for next season, though, because I don't think Spurs is a club to be cutting your managerial teeth on. He needs to decide whether he wants to be a head coach or to work upstairs, for me, anyway. If the latter, then perhaps there's a continuing role for him here in that vein. If the former, then he should either accept the role of assistant to a more experienced appointee or leave and start working his way up through the leagues. I'm sold on the idea of van Gaal, really, but I think Moyes's latest humiliation makes it even less likely now that we'll get him.

At the time, I felt it was a mistake to let Bale go, and I suppose the way things have panned out has offered little to encourage me to change that opinion. I was nervous about introducing so many new faces at once, and it's really no surprise it hasn't worked, but Levy was never going to turn down the offered deal, so again, a moot point now.

Most probably weren't players AVB particularly wanted, and they were shoe-horned into the system he wanted to play, rather than the latter being adapted according to the available tools. Sherwood, on the other hand, seems to have replaced a system that was rigidly unsuited to the squad we'd assembled with hardly any system at all. The now-familiar Spurs story of seemingly innocuous injuries turning into lengthy absences hasn't helped, either. At the moment, in terms of return on investment, Eriksen>Chiricheș>Chadli>Paulinho>Capoue>Soldado>Lamela. Soldado moves up the chain in terms of performances, but only as far as 3rd.

Just a reflection of the fact the two clubs have been fighting for the same second-tier spots, and I expect that to continue.

It has clearly had a negative effect on our performances in subsequent league games, but tough — we can't be afraid of competing in Europe if we want to be top 4 contenders. We just have to adapt and use the squad.

It would be quicker to list the things that went right. It's ... a round number.

Sturridge or Coutinho. The former as much to break the partnership with Donkey as anything; the latter because we are crying out for more vision and invention. I'd send Dembele the other way to even that score even more.

It'll be lost for us simply because Pool will score more goals than we will. Our defence is more brittle and error-prone and our attack nowhere near as potent.

I can't see anything other than a Liverpool win, 3-0 or better. I can see us conceding an early goal and matters going downhill from there on, and I think it's likely to be a long afternoon.

Right where they are now [3rd & 6th - ed].

Last edited:

An other failure to improve
Yes, to inflexible. Don't know. Don't know
No. Hanging on to players who want to leave is pathetic, if they don't want to play for us they can go.
Injuries, lack of training time due to ridicules schedule, pattern of play, Eriksen & Chriches
No
Massive negative effect play Thursday & Sunday
Team selection, tactics and lack of character from certain players
Courthino/Lennon
Whichever dodgy defence performs best
2-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 3rd Spurs 6th

Thanks

Ok

Can't wait till it's over

I'm not sure whether he was giving a time but given the fact he kept playing with the same formation and tactics which was seeing us score very, very few I was delighted to see him go. I think Sherwood will be a good manager in future but I'd like to see him prove himself somewhere else. The man I want for the ob is undoubtedly Louis Van Gaal and so long as United don't approach him I think it's a certainty we will get him.

Player power always wins out, unless you can afford to pay them a ridiculous ammount which we can't. He was right to and did a very good job in getting us a world record fee.

We signed WAY to many players at once. Getting an almost whole new team who have never played together, come from diferent leagues and speak different languages and asking them all to play together was never going to work. I think there's still potential for all of them to achieve. Eriksson has been undoubtedly the best. Chirches has surpsied me and has been quite decent, though there's still room for improvment he is young. Capoue we've hardly seen anything off. Lamela is still 20 and can adapt but AVB was playing him out of position. Chadli has started to do well the last couple of games but I'm still rather skeptical about him. Soldado's link up play is brilliant but he needs to start getting more service when he makes runs. Paulinhio is by far the biggest disappointment of the lot, Mr. Invisible.

Not really, we've both been outside the top four the last few years and it's not that uncommon for teams competing at the same level to be linked with players. City and Chelsea are linked with the same players a lot, Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal are linked with the same players a lot, Barca and Real are linked with the same players a lot.

Quite a bit. Having to play games on Sundays ruins the atmosphere and it's congested our fixtures quite a lot. No coincidence that our worst results this season tend to have come the game after playing in the Europa League. This season I would have rather not been in it. Next season though the winner gets Champions League so we'll have some incentive

Do you really want me to write a book? :p

Sturidge! Can't really think of anyone in our team you'd actually want in return though so won't answer the second part.

I can't seeing it being won but our defence will let us down, Suarez and Sturdige will run havoc at our full backs and it will turn into a rout.

You'll win by at least two goals.

I'm not really to sure about where you will, it's close up there. I think we'll finish 6th behind Everton.

Last edited:

A typical normal Spurs year

AVB was fired at the right time. The ship was clearly sinking.

Yes. We don't have enough money to for Bale's wage increase to make him commit to us for another year.

No comment.

No.

Results speak for itself. Average points for league game after EL is 1 point something. Average points for league game with no EL fixture is 2 point something.

High line and our defenders were not quick enough to catch your forwards.

No one. Your team is working because of system suits the players. We don't play in the same style as Liverpool.

Hope.

5-3 to Spurs.

Liverpool 3rd. Spurs 6th.

Thanks

Dull. Disappointing. Typical. Boring. Transitional.

No AVB was sacked too early in my opinion. I can see him turning into a very successful manager when he's older. Sherwood isn't the right man for the job. He's done ok for us but is not what we need in the long-term. Would like to see Van Gaal at the Lane. Very experienced, knows how to win and i think he has the reputation that would make players want to join Spurs which Sherwood certainly doesn't have.

I think it was impossible to hold onto him. Once a player wants to leave then there is not much that you can do about it. If Bale did not actually say that he wanted to leave then we should have rejected the £85 million in my opinion. Players like Bale don't come around often and i believe that we would have had a shot at the title if we kept him.

Too many players brought in at once and none of them had premier league experience. The best new signing has been Eriksen by a mile. Chiriches has been good. Paulinho has been average. Chadli started poorly but is starting to improve. Capoue has been average. Lamela has been poor but i think he will eventually come good. Soldado has been very poor in terms of goalscoring but his link up play is good.

Not really. If anything it's a good thing. It shows the player we're after must be highly rated if more clubs are allegedly in for him.

Quite a lot. It's no coincidence that 6 of our 9 defeats have been after a Europa League game. I would happily sacrifice not being in the competition next season if it meant we had a greater chance at finishing in the top 4.

Incompetent defending and a lack of a goal threat.

Sturridge. You can have most of our defence if you want but in particular it would have to be Kyle Naughton.

In defence. I'm confident we can get a goal or two but the game will be won and lost between Liverpool's attack and our defence.

There should be a lot of goals. Both sides are a bit suspect in defence but Liverpools attack is far better. 4-2 Liverpool.

Liverpool 3rd, Tottenham 5th

Thanks

See above

AVB...sacked too soon, as points/league position would indicate.
Sherwood - has done well but should prolly be in Champo or lower div learning craft. He's signed thru next season and one plus is he could start early in off season. But unlike Rodgers, not sure he has much say.
LVG...would be ok, but concerned by late arrival in summer due world cup. With our squad, would be better if new manager arrived in May.
Bale...sad to see him go but not sure what more we could have done.
New signings...too many of them, very young, and they arrived late summer. Next season will show us more. If you sign 8 players, and 4 come good, you'd prolly take that.
Europa League...its been ok, and with all the new signings we made, at least we have the squad to cope better both now and next season. Without EL, we couldn't have developed or seen some of the new players.
Pick one of yours? Prolly Sturridge. We need another striker...someone like Benteke, Lukaku, Bony, even McCormack...to eat up some minutes/games so that Ade and Soldado don't have to play 2 games a week.

Last edited:
Oh, the same old Spurs.

AVB's time was up, no doubt about it in my mind. A decent guy and an honest trier, but I think he did a horrible job at Spurs in all honesty. Opinion is somewhat divided on this question, although I don't sense a lot of heartbreak that he's gone even among his admirers.

I have come around to the view that Sherwood would represent real change at Spurs - a promotion of youth from within, rather than going for a Galactico coach who'll come and go in 3 seasons. We've had enough of that, and I'd now like to see Sherwood given a go. I'd be in a small minority in that view among Spurs fans though. LvG the overwhelming fan choice I think, and it's very likely Levy will grant that wish.

No, not fair to hold on to a player when RM come knocking. We were handsomely rewarded. No problem either way.

All our signings have actually performed ok/shown promise at different times this season, with the exception of Paulinho who has been desperately poor. The new signings are by no means the write-off many external commentators are saying, and there are hopeful signs in recent form for next season. Also, a close review shows all of them have retained their value or increased it since coming to Spurs. So this talk of "Spurs blew the Bale money" is pretty much nonsense. We re-invested the Bale money in assets who retain their value to this day.

No, because they all chose Spurs anyway.

It actually gave us decent confidence boosts at times this season, and a chance for players to find form, so it was less negative than usual. But yeah, it's a bit of a pain until the knockout rounds.

It was all AVB's failings - tactically, motivationally, organisationally - coming home to roost at the same time. That Liverpool game suggested that just below the surface there were serious problems with the way AVB had things set up.

Only Suarez in all honesty. He's so good he makes those around him look better than they'd otherwise be I think. So while Sturridge is good, beside a mere mortal he wouldn't be nearly as devastating as he is with Suarez (and I know Sturridge played well without LS earlier in the season, but still.) If pushed, I'd say Allen is a very Spurs type player who might develop.

Can Spurs use offence as defence? Chadli, Eriksen, Lennon/Townsend and Soldado need to keep your terrible defenders as busy as SAS keep our terrible defenders busy. I'd prefer this strategy to a park-the-bus/counter attacking straegy, which I think in the face of such quality as Suarez is too dangerous.

You're a huge fav, but keeping the score down to a difference of 2, with Soldado scoring, and Spurs being somewhat competitive would be ok by me. 1 in 100 times we knick it.

LFC 3, THFC 5.

Hello mate,

Answers in bold below…
[
QUOTE=stuartrdon;532504]Hey guys, I'm a Liverpool fan and a member of the Kopblocks.com forum. We run a feature before all of our games where we ask the fans of our coming opposition a few questions to give us an idea how they're feeling about the game, their season etc.

Not really fantastic sadly eh?!!!!

There'd been problems for a while. Not sure whether he'd have worked out, I liked him and wanted him to be given more time for sure but he didn't want to stay either. I think it's too early for Sherwood as no-one (including us!) has patience.

I think he did his utmost. It got dirty. These things always do.

Soldado's a great player, Chadli's got better, Paulinho has regressed massive, Capoue doesn't seem to want it, Lamela has been injured…how about moving on Dembele for a start, Sigurdsson too!!!

Nah. Only if you get him and I wanted him!

Psychological IMO.

Sending off, poor defending and too much caution…plus you were good and snapped everything up!

Coutinho or Allen; the former because he's special, the latter because I think there's a Modric-like player in there who will show up soon.

Defence.

My heart says surprising 2-1 victory. My head, and common-sense, says 3-1 or 4-2 to you.

I am hopeful you snatch the title, otherwise top 3…us? Heart says a 4th place sneak on the last day, my head says 5th.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Back