• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liverpool fan in peace!

These threads are usually excellent, a great way to express one's views in an impartial, calm manner. Thanks Stuart!

I hope we derail your title push big time on Sunday! \o/

Hey guys, thanks a tonne for your answers and for being so welcoming! Some great opinions and I've enjoyed reading your answers. They've now been posted in a thread here: http://kopblocks.com/showthread.php?tid=530 so you can see what we think of the responses.

As I said in the original post feel free to sign up and voice your opinion over there also. This is a great forum you've got here guys, thanks again for being so helpful!

Stuart

Can't say I've ever visited your forum but would you say the posters on there are generally far more ... balanced than those on rawk? Would you also say that rawk gives Liverpool fans a bad name?

I was never on rawk so it would be unfair of me to comment but from what I've heard the answers to both of these questions are yes. KopBlocks is great, the discussion is allowed to flow, and it's generally quite laid back. Your forum here is very similar from what I've experienced

Stuart, why does there appear to be so much hate and vitriol toward spurs from most liverpool fans? Just looking at your match thread it's full of "I hate these"

I remember the one season we were in the CL, and when we went out to Real I got more grief from Liverpool fans then Gooners. It was unreal.

Tbf you guys get just as much grief from us in our OMT lol.

I guess if we are hated it means we've done well recently and have been beating you and consistently finishing higher.

I guess of the last few years we had been direct rivals, so it makes sense in all honesty

Tbf you guys get just as much grief from us in our OMT lol.

I guess if we are hated it means we've done well recently and have been beating you and consistently finishing higher.

I guess of the last few years we had been direct rivals, so it makes sense in all honesty

Yeah I think it's just the fact that for the past few years you guys probably became the team that we used to be/wanted to be.

You guys were also a fixture we were beginning to dread as you seemed to just have our number for a while!

Fighting over the same position and coming up second a few years running hasn't helped, but I think you guys did a world of good for our view on spurs fans on our board. We had a couple of games in a row (united -not a surprise really - and Cardiff) where the fans spent more time attacking the poster of the questions rather than answering them.

I missed the game today due to a prior engagement, must admit I was expecting it to be closer than the score line suggests... Have your guys given up on your season or what happened?

Our season was up when we lost to Chelsea and the final nail was losing to Arsenal. Here I just wanted to avoid humiliation. It was obvious that wouldn't happen when the team sheet was announced. Poor lineup, but more importantly the weak mentality of the players is a worrying sign.

We are devoid of any real leadership and this is so evident when we look at the results this year. Outside of games v the top 4 our record is superb. Against the top 4, it is worse than I can ever remember, even in the days of Christian Gross!

Over the past few seasons, we have lost any leadership we had (King, Gallas, Parker). We have lost our talisman and our best talent (Modric, Bale, VdV). We have even lost some senior pros (Dempsey, Corluka, Ekotto). All of this along with an ever changing direction from the boardroom has been a recipe for disaster.

It's not been easy for Sherwood to be fair to him. I don't rate him at all, but taking this role was a bit of a poisoned chalice. It could have put paid to his managerial career already. I think he needed to start off somewhere smaller with less pressure. He needs to find his style, and learn from failings.

Look at Rodgers and Martinez. Both have managed Swansea, Martinez relegated with Wigan. Rodgers sacked from Reading. Now? Two of the best young managers in the league.

Liverpool have been fantastic in all honesty. It's a breath of fresh air to see a club outside of those run by a rich owner giving them all the fright of their lives. I think you're going to win the league. Historically, and thinking back to the Benitez days, Liverpool have not been a club to bottle it when they have their sites on a trophy towards the end of the season. Think back to the CL, Uefa Cup, FA and Carling cups. Not sure why people expect them to crumble v Chelsea and City. They are every bit as good and may even prove to be better.

Back