• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Liam Payne's bust up with four Tottenham Hotspur players in nightclub

The journo writing the story is supposed to be a spurs fan. That's the only reason she recognised the players no doubt.
Why would she make up the story or lie?

The journo wasn't there!

That much is abundantly clear from the way that the story is written. She wrote it on the basis of second hand info she received from this anonymous "friend of Liam's" (as quoted in the article).

If she had been there, she wouldn't need anonymous quotes to colour her story. She would have given her own eyewitness account (doubtless with full "interviews" and a description of what she did and how she reacted).

There was that stat on Sky Sports that showed Walcott as having more assists than Bale earlier in the season, however Bale had created by far the more chances than Walcott and in this instance the same thing applies to Lennon.

If we had a striker who could actually finish Lennon would have far more assists. However considering his ability he doesnt score enough goals although does score some important ones - Sunderland away, Arsenal at home etc

Because of this non story we will wake up Sunday morning with the headlines 'They showed no respect' headlines with a big picture of a bint wanting its 5 minutes. Just in time for our game this weekend.

This was after his 3rd good game after barely hitting a 6.5 average season rating before the run of good games:

"Our player of the year; he's been more influential than Bale this season. What a player AVB has made. No longer the heads down speed merchant. Going outside, Coming inside, crossing, playing in the overlapping fullback and above all sprinting his ass to work back and win the ball, especially when we caught on the counter.

Ladies and gentleman: I give you the best winger in this year's Premiership: The imperious Aaron "Azza" Lennon "
What is this trying to prove though? 1 person went over the top with their praise for one of our players, so what. For every one of these I bet there's 2 or 3 equally as negative about him. Charlie's posts in this thread for a starter!

Why get s. o annoyed about a spurs fan on a spurs forum lording his own player?

I know you can't directly compare stats, but it's the simplest thing to resort to when someone says 'He's played well, he has X assists and X goals'.

I'm not sure what different role Lennon has. To keep the width? He hasn't done that much running down the wing in my opinion this season, he has come inside far more than in previous years.

My view he is the worst player bar Ade isn't just based on stats, it's based on watching him. People can't seem to defend him very well either.

'He does a lot of work defensively', But he's a right winger not a right back, he should be contributing more going forwards.

'He takes a six or seven games to get back to his best', if anything that's just hammering in the point that he's not going to be good enough going forward. We can't afford to give him those games to get back to his best when every point is valuable.

'He's spurs through and through', so he's been here a number of years, that's not relevant to whether he is currently good enough or not.

'We look crap when he's injured', which that means is that the backup options for him are dire. Bale is a far better player and we manage to cope pretty well offensively when he is injured because we have other players who can play as an AM.

As a squad option, sure keep him around. It might be useful having a defensive minded winger to play against some of the more offensive minded full backs. However against the smaller teams, which is what will get you much higher up the table, you need players who will contribute far more offensively and to leave the defensive work to the back five.

I brought up those stats in response to a post claiming among other things that playing with Lennon was like playing with 10 men, I thought it was relevant to that. I don't think it paints an accurate picture as a direct comparison between two players.

I disagree on the defensive work. In my opinion we should defend as a unit and attack as a unit, I thin it's the best way for our team to move forward. Look at the Dortmund games against Real Madrid, one of the most important players on the pitch for Dormund was Kuba Blaszczykowski. Not only because of his attacking contributions, but for his defensive work that helped them deal effectively with Ronaldo. Look at Ferguson bringing Park into almost all their big games year in year out and him even preferring Welbeck to Rooney or Chicharito. No direct comparison for either player with Lennon above the defensive work, but it is important.

Him taking a long time to return to full match fitness is an issue, something I hope might be improved by him having some real competition for his place next season in Townsend. Not because I think there's a lack of effort on Lennon's part, but because another option for that side might allow Lennon to be re-introduced from the bench after injuries, instead of having to step in from the start straight away.

Us looking crap with him injured might be more of a criticism of our squad than praise for Lennon. Doesn't make it any less true (if it was true in the first place of course ;) ) I think that point goes to show that having someone who will hold the touchline and be a threat from the flank is helpful to other players. Wingers will almost by nature drift in and out of games, but I don't think many opponents are happy seeing Lennon one on one up against their full back with space to run into. That makes him a constant factor for them, means that they have to adjust. That works to our advantage even when he's not involved as much as we would like to see him. That's the same for most wingers I feel and will be the same for just about any winger we bring in.

Yes we can bring in more of an inside forward, or play Bale on the right. But as I've been going on about in several threads here we need to get more real options in our squad, that's one of the reasons why I think Lennon will be important to us next season as well.

/rant

I brought up those stats in response to a post claiming among other things that playing with Lennon was like playing with 10 men, I thought it was relevant to that. I don't think it paints an accurate picture as a direct comparison between two players.

I disagree on the defensive work. In my opinion we should defend as a unit and attack as a unit, I thin it's the best way for our team to move forward. Look at the Dortmund games against Real Madrid, one of the most important players on the pitch for Dormund was Kuba Blaszczykowski. Not only because of his attacking contributions, but for his defensive work that helped them deal effectively with Ronaldo. Look at Ferguson bringing Park into almost all their big games year in year out and him even preferring Welbeck to Rooney or Chicharito. No direct comparison for either player with Lennon above the defensive work, but it is important.

Him taking a long time to return to full match fitness is an issue, something I hope might be improved by him having some real competition for his place next season in Townsend. Not because I think there's a lack of effort on Lennon's part, but because another option for that side might allow Lennon to be re-introduced from the bench after injuries, instead of having to step in from the start straight away.

Us looking crap with him injured might be more of a criticism of our squad than praise for Lennon. Doesn't make it any less true (if it was true in the first place of course ;) ) I think that point goes to show that having someone who will hold the touchline and be a threat from the flank is helpful to other players. Wingers will almost by nature drift in and out of games, but I don't think many opponents are happy seeing Lennon one on one up against their full back with space to run into. That makes him a constant factor for them, means that they have to adjust. That works to our advantage even when he's not involved as much as we would like to see him. That's the same for most wingers I feel and will be the same for just about any winger we bring in.

Yes we can bring in more of an inside forward, or play Bale on the right. But as I've been going on about in several threads here we need to get more real options in our squad, that's one of the reasons why I think Lennon will be important to us next season as well.

/rant

I didn't say we shouldn't defend and attack as a unit. Just that when you have an attacking position the focus should be on their abilities in an attacking nature.

You don't come up against Players like Ronaldo every week. In fact you'll only play against players like that once or twice a season.

You are trying to say Welbeck offers more defensively than Rooney? I don't believe so, Welbeck is however far better at holding the ball up front for everyone to play off him. Which is what they use him for.

Another winger may help the slow return from injury, it's true.

I don't think many teams are that bothered about seeing Lennon one on one with their full backs. He sticks wide and it creates more space? Pretty sure people are generally against players in the squad who create space and have little or no other impact upon the game, it has been discussed at length elsewhere. Playing with ten men is not a great idea.

I guess the point you've not mentioned is the playmaker. One of the reasons i would prefer Bale out wide. He doesn't really bring others into the game as much as i feel an AM should. Whilst Modric was not an AM, he made sure that both wingers had regular touches of the ball.

Agree that he can be a squad option, just not that hot on him being first choice at the club if this or last season is anything to go by.

This thread has developed hasn't it? :lol:

Just prove us wrong Sunday and all will be forgiven mother fudgers!!

This thread has developed hasn't it? :lol:

Just prove us wrong Sunday and all will be forgiven mother fudgers!!

I like it. Braineclipse has a way of phrasing things well, making me think more about the subject matter. Even if we don't agree.

Sometimes I feel like I care more about this club's success than the actual players do..:-k

What is this trying to prove though? 1 person went over the top with their praise for one of our players, so what. For every one of these I bet there's 2 or 3 equally as negative about him. Charlie's posts in this thread for a starter!

Why get s. o annoyed about a spurs fan on a spurs forum lording his own player?

Annoyed? i find it hilarious:lol:

As do most people about the numerous "Lennon's brick" comments !

Again, not sure what quoting an opinion that's clearly an outlier proves?!

Lennon isn't brick, but he might not be the kind of player AVB is looking for in his first choice XI next season.

AVB often talks about the 'emotional' side of football. Who's to say that this night off, drinking included, won't actually improve their performances by allowing them to blow off some steam, making them come into the weekend more relaxed?

Football isn't just about fitness coaches and percentage points. It's arguably more down to psychology, across and between the team as well as individually. As long as the players are fired up we will win today. Hopefully the crowd will be a psychological aid and their support will not wilt if/when Arsenal take the lead.

LOL! So its gone from some little muppet in a club to how we play with or without Lennon? Typical GG.

have to say though, i'm reading some of the criticism of lennon and quite a bit of them IMHO are totally unfair and totally wrong in some cases.

but yo, thats what differing opinions are all about right....

and after a quick scan, as always....aside from when i am being unecessarily stubborn.....i agree totally with TRuth, Mumorn and Jimmyb through this thing.

Back