• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Levy's Plan

On the contrary, there is nothing to see here. The moment we did not sign anybody in the summer I felt we would suffer for it. That apart, I think it would be a major achievement if we manage to finish 4th in the league. I was not optimistic for the CL but I hoped I was wrong.

But on the whole I have been impressed with the Poch considering the fact that he is hamstrung, which is why I am not bitter, and I have not slagged of a single player this evening.

As for your reference to Emirates Marketing Project, I hope we can get a result against them, but if we don't, then it is no big deal as far as I am because they are a superior team to us, but I am behind them I can assure you.
Doom and gloom it is haha. No I haven’t slagged anyone off bar Lloris and I don’t think I’ve slagged him off just said he’s a bit of a liability now. I think we should honestly set up for apoint against city.

I said a few years ago, Kane will give us one year in the new stadium before he gets itchy feet. He might now only give us half a year.

How long though can the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Alli give us before they actually want to win a trophy? We could face a mass exodus like Arsenal did and we aren’t even in our new stadium yet. I wouldn’t blame any player who has given us 3 or 4 years minimum and hasn’t won a thing and is also on a lower salary than other players in similar positions

What the players that are failing what to leave, well on they go.
Maybe they will find out like toby, Moose and Rose did in the summer that all the paper talk is just that paper talk.
Until they start to show some desire to win for spurs I don't give care if they stay or go.
And some of those in this squad don't have it.
Technically we are good enough, mentally we're not.

Based on performances we should sitting pretty on 6 points right now. I am annoyed that we didn’t strengthen, but I don’t think it had an impact on the 3 CL games (especially considering how long Poch takes to actually start playing new recruits).

You forget that Poch wanted players signed early so they could have a full pre season. I think if that had happened Poch would have probably played them earlier, particularly when you consider our litany of injuries

What the players that are failing what to leave, well on they go.
Maybe they will find out like toby, Moose and Rose did in the summer that all the paper talk is just that paper talk.
Until they start to show some desire to win for spurs I don't give care if they stay or go.
And some of those in this squad don't have it.
Technically we are good enough, mentally I'm not.
You don’t care if Kane goes?

Based on performances we should sitting pretty on 6 points right now. I am annoyed that we didn’t strengthen, but I don’t think it had an impact on the 3 CL games (especially considering how long Poch takes to actually start playing new recruits).
Of course it didn’t but that won’t stop people foaming from the mouth, all rationale goes out of the window.

You forget that Poch wanted players signed early so they could have a full pre season. I think if that had happened Poch would have probably played them earlier, particularly when you consider our litany of injuries
Read his last quotes mate, it’s all in the Poch thread. He completely understands the situation.

This is all getting so tiresome!

Oh GHod here we go! This place is going to be embarrassing for 10 days now, spoiler alert, we lose to City as well so don you tinfoil hats!

last time we lost 2 on the spin this place was full of perspective and sensible discussion, no need to worry

:eek:

Of course it didn’t but that won’t stop people foaming from the mouth, all rationale goes out of the window.
Not foaming from the mouth. Just disappointed in the results which I think now will have a negative effect on our players. They want to be in the CL. We need to focus on the league now to get CL again otherwise a disappointing CL campaign followed by no qualification in the next CL could see our star players leave.

You don’t care if Kane goes?
Hugo
Jan
Dele
Lamela
Moura
Trippier
Winks
Dier
And Harry
I'd definitely keep, the rest would need to impress me again.
Someone in the changing room and on the pitch needs to stand up and start throwing their weight around. This squad is lacking a leader.

I don’t think there was anything wrong with our team or squad tonight. We lost because of three of our best and most experienced players made shocking mistakes (Toby, Eriksen and Lloris).

Hugo
Jan
Dele
Lamela
Moura
Trippier
Winks
Dier
And Harry
I'd definitely keep, the rest would need to impress me again.
Someone in the changing room and on the pitch needs to stand up and start throwing their weight around. This squad is lacking a leader.
Eriksen was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch tonight IMO. I thought Dembele was also excellent but walked a bit of a 2nd yellow tightrope.

Eriksen was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch tonight IMO.
Disagree, I think he coasts at times and tonight was one of those times.
Like quite a few of our players he seems to always want to play safe. He will turn back to play a safe ball rather than 50/50 to create a chance.
Don't think we had any stand out perfermers tonight, good team effort undone by some individual mistakes.

Disagree, I think he coasts at times and tonight was one of those times.
Like quite a few of our players he seems to always want to play safe. He will turn back to play a safe ball rather than 50/50 to create a chance.
Don't think we had any stand out perfermers tonight, good team effort undone by some individual mistakes.
Fair enough. I disagree completely though. I thought Eriksen created a fair few chances. Both Kane and Moura’s goals came from a delightful balls from Eriksen. He completely controlled the second half of that game until his poor moment for their equaliser. He is our only player who would get in any team in the World iMO. I thought his performance overall was fantastic considering that was his first game back after a few weeks out.

Fair enough. I disagree completely though. I thought Eriksen created a fair few chances. Both Kane and Moura’s goals came from a delightful balls from Eriksen. He completely controlled the second half of that game until his poor moment for their equaliser. He is our only player who would get in any team in the World iMO. I thought his performance overall was fantastic considering that was his first game back after a few weeks out.

No problem, I can understand that. Seems to me though that when go into a lead he slows down.
I did say earlier that playing Erikson and son from the start was a gamble due to their lack of playing time.

No problem, I can understand that. Seems to me though that when go into a lead he slows down.
I did say earlier that playing Erikson and son from the start was a gamble due to their lack of playing time.
I thought Son looked a bit disinterested. He didn’t seem to look for the ball and didn’t put any effort into tracking back. I thought he would’ve been the player to make way for Lamela. I also would’ve left Dembele on despite his second yellow tightrope walk, he was completely bossing the game.

I thought Son looked a bit disinterested. He didn’t seem to look for the ball and didn’t put any effort into tracking back. I thought he would’ve been the player to make way for Lamela. I also would’ve left Dembele on despite his second yellow tightrope walk, he was completely bossing the game.

Son is useless tracking back, shouldn't have made any difference tonight we were so in control of the ball.

I also would’ve left Dembele on despite his second yellow tightrope walk, he was completely bossing the game.
Dembele was doing well, then leapt arm-first into a challenge and was lucky not to get a second yellow. Shortly after, he was hooked. Probably also due to his age/fitness etc.

I thought there were loads of good elements in our play. Poch said after it was too slow at times. I thought we should have been more determined/energetic to get the 3rd and only then play keep ball

Back