• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Let's make levy sweat

Let's make levy sweat.dont renew your season tickets straight away. Make the fudger sweat!

I really don't blame levy. He bet big on Jose bringing us glory. He made him one of the highest paid managers in the world.

I had doubts it would work because of the difference in the way we operate and how Jose has been successful in the past. But I absolutely 100% understand why he did it. It made sense in many ways.

He now needs to get rid. I don't know what the terms of Jose's contract is but I'm hoping there is something in there that reduces compensation if Jose doesn't qualify for CL.

Levy took a risk and its failed. That happens. Question is what he does from here. He fires Mourinho in the next few months, he gets some credit. If he's got something in the contract to reduce compensation then Levy has done his job well even though it hasn't worked out.

I really don't blame levy. He bet big on Jose bringing us glory. He made him one of the highest paid managers in the world.

I had doubts it would work because of the difference in the way we operate and how Jose has been successful in the past. But I absolutely 400% understand why he did it. It made sense in many ways.

He now needs to get rid. I don't know what the terms of Jose's contract is but I'm hoping there is something in there that reduces compensation if Jose doesn't qualify for CL.

Levy took a risk and its failed. That happens. Question is what he does from here. He fires Mourinho in the next few months, he gets some credit. If he's got something in the contract to reduce compensation then Levy has done his job well even though it hasn't worked out.

I'm with you. It was a risk worth taking, as was Bale. Neither have worked though

Big moment is now though. Not firing Mourinho will be more costly than firing him given what Jose is doing to our reputation, image, performances etc

Levy needs to man up, before we fall even further than we have in the last 18 months

I'm with you. It was a risk worth taking, as was Bale. Neither have worked though

Big moment is now though. Not firing Mourinho will be more costly than firing him given what Jose is doing to our reputation, image, performances etc

Levy needs to man up, before we fall even further than we have in the last 18 months

Yeah I agree. He goes into next season with Mourinho and then Levy has failed for me. You can only fairly judge decisions by looking at the information someone has to hand when they're making the decision. That's why he gets a pass on the appointment. However, at this point, I can't see any argument for keeping Jose. Levy has no excuse.

Yeah I agree. He goes into next season with Mourinho and then Levy has failed for me. You can only fairly judge decisions by looking at the information someone has to hand when they're making the decision. That's why he gets a pass on the appointment. However, at this point, I can't see any argument for keeping Jose. Levy has no excuse.

The atmosphere at games next season would be awful. Levy would surely be tuned in enough to realise that wouldnt he?

Missing out on European football, which looks the most likely, should do it anyway

I'll be teetering on the edge of Levy out if we go in to next season with Jose still as manager.

Levy must be livid with JM for failing to get a tune out of Bale and Dele. Another reason he has to go.

Jose's only chance of survival is if we somehow still manage to freak qualification for the CL. A LC win on its own would merely be a monkey off our back, nothing more.

Levy must be livid with JM for failing to get a tune out of Bale and Dele. Another reason he has to go.

Jose's only chance of survival is if we somehow still manage to freak qualification for the CL. A LC win on its own would merely be a monkey off our back, nothing more.
Yeah, players values must be dropping, image of the club isn't as attractive anymore, no CL, probably no EL, fans turning on the club, it should be quickly reaching breaking point, if it hasn't already.

The evidence he had on hand at the time was that Mourinho was on a downward trend career wise. His stints at Real Madrid and Chelsea and finally United showed this. He also had never worked in our circumstances so there was little to suggest he would be able to adapt adequately.

I love how Levy has cultivated this shield of the Teflon Don. Nothing is ever his fault, he can never be held accountable, theres always some unforseen force at work that unfairly hampers his work. Yet he is "the best chairman in the game" :expressionless:

The evidence he had on hand at the time was that Mourinho was on a downward trend career wise. His stints at Real Madrid and Chelsea and finally United showed Derp He also had never worked in our circumstances so there was little to suggest he would be able to adapt adequately.

I love how Levy has cultivated this shield of the Teflon Don. Nothing is ever his fault, he can never be held accountable, theres always some unforseen force at work that unfairly hampers his work. Yet he is "the best chairman in the game" :expressionless:

Ha - i may disagree on the overall negative view on Levy that some of you have but i certainly agree with your first point there, it was an incredibly ill thought out decision to appoint Mourinho - as you say all the evidence pointed to him being on the slide and not in any way suited to a club of our standing.

Edit : hopefully this was just something he needed to get out of his system, an itch he needed to scratch - who knows might even give him a jolt that he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does and we look to bring in someone who does

Ha - i may disagree on the overall negative view on Levy that some of you have but i certainly agree with your first point there, it was an incredibly ill thought out decision to appoint Mourinho - as you say all the evidence pointed to him being on the slide and not in any way suited to a club of our standing.

That's where I am too. It was clear that he'd been on the slide since United and that the end his reigns are very destructive. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and a pass last but we've ended up where I always thought that we would.

My main criticism of Levy would be that he doesn't have a clear idea of how he wants the side to play and build around that. We seem to alternate between conservative and progressive managers. This makes recruitment difficult and leaves us without a clear identity.

I had doubts it would work because of the difference in the way we operate and how Jose has been successful in the past. But I absolutely 400% understand why he did it. It made sense in many ways.

Agree, but - if you’re going to take a risk on Mourinho you have to take a risk and back him properly in the market too. We bought in a number of players, but other than perhaps Reguilon and Hojberg there is no way Jose would have had those with targets given a substantial amount of money to spend. Easiest example being he wanted the Inter Milan CB who would have cost around 40m and we got Rodon.....

Agree, but - if you’re going to take a risk on Mourinho you have to take a risk and back him properly in the market too. We bought in a number of players, but other than perhaps Reguilon and Hojberg there is no way Jose would have had those with targets given a substantial amount of money to spend. Easiest example being he wanted the Inter Milan CB who would have cost around 40m and we got Rodon.....

He must've known that he wouldn't get the budget that he has enjoyed elsewhere and he hasn't had control of transfers in any of his jobs.

Levy cannot go completely without blame though mate. I love the guy, but his managerial appointments always seem to go for an obvious option even when they don’t appear to be the best fit, which Mourinho falls into here. I fell a little bit for Jose because well he is Jose Mourinho and I was gutted after Poch left, but there were plenty of fans on here warning about his recent history with Utd and Chelsea and his MO. If they could see it why couldn’t one of the most astute chairman in the game? He did the same with AVB despite how he failed at Chelsea. Again I love Levy but he is very much accountable for this debacle and really needs a good next appointment. You can say a lot about the way Chelsea are run but they mostly seem to achieve success whoever is in charge. We are the total opposite.

Last edited:
That's where I am too. It was clear that he'd been on the slide since United and that the end his reigns are very destructive. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and a pass last but we've ended up where I always thought that we would.

My main criticism of Levy would be that he doesn't have a clear idea of how he wants the side to play and build around that. We seem to alternate between conservative and progressive managers. This makes recruitment difficult and leaves us without a clear identity.
Well said mate. just read this after I posted. On another point I don’t think I have ever felt this disengaged from my club. I literally don’t care about the team at the moment. Not felt like that before even when we were crap or when I really disliked the manager such as AVB.

Well said mate. just read this after I posted. On another point I don’t think I have ever felt this disengaged from my club. I non-figuratively don’t care about the team at the moment. Not felt like that before even when we were crap or when I really disliked the manager such as AVB.
Completely agree. Just had a my first, a little boy and normally I think I’d be covering him in Spurs clothing and other memorabilia and just can’t be bothered to atm.

Levy just needs to worry about numbers and let someone with footballing knowledge step in and take the reigns.

This. He's a business man first and foremost. He should realize his own limitations and hire a guy with football knowledge to take the right footballing decisions. It's a bit odd that he hasn't already done this.

Back