• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Lennon seems to be a good finisher one on one with the goalkeeper, but he's not good at all when shooting from a distance. Wingers, especially when not playing as an inverted winger don't get into a ton of clear cut scoring opportunities in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. Also worth noting that Lennon is very disciplined defensively, so he's not as often involved in counter attacks as Bale and some other wingers around.

A 1 in 10 scoring rate is decent. I think he might start scoring a bit more under AVB as it seems the wingers are given a bit more freedom to stay high up the pitch to counter attack and I think he's improving when it comes to coming inside from the right.

The main point is we need him to start doing it at home. When teams come and park the bus, his defensive duties are not paramount. What is of more importance is his ability to unlock massed defences. He has the ability to run at defences, now he must show it more at home. Proactive running off the ball like he did against sunderland is key to unlocking tight defences too. lets see him tear Reading apart please.

The main point is we need him to start doing it at home. When teams come and park the bus, his defensive duties are not paramount. What is of more importance is his ability to unlock massed defences. He has the ability to run at defences, now he must show it more at home. Proactive running off the ball like he did against sunderland is key to unlocking tight defences too. lets see him tear Reading apart please.

Did you read my previous post in this thread? I don't feel like repeating myself, but there's a massive difference between running at defenders when there is space and when there isn't. Especially for players like Lennon and Bale. For them to flourish against bus parking teams away or at home the rest of the team must set them up in good situations.

To complain about a winger not running at defenders when he's not set up in situations to do so is to me like complaining about a poacher not scoring when not given goalscoring chances.

Did you read my previous post in this thread? I don't feel like repeating myself, but there's a massive difference between running at defenders when there is space and when there isn't. Especially for players like Lennon and Bale. For them to flourish against bus parking teams away or at home the rest of the team must set them up in good situations.

To complain about a winger not running at defenders when he's not set up in situations to do so is to me like complaining about a poacher not scoring when not given goalscoring chances.

....and you miss my point. Lennon runs off the ball away but doesnt do this at home. Lennon should be taking men on at home like he does away. He is one that holds the key to unlocking mass defences. He needs to do it at home - especially when there is no Bale.

I have spent many games at WHL urging Lennon to find space for himself. He just stands next to the full back when we have the ball. It makes it very difficult for us to find him - and make Walker's distribution look brick. He must make the same runs and spins as he did against Sunderland.

Also, he rarely takes a man on one on one at home - why is this in your opinion? It is nothing to do with lack of space.

BBC:
Did you know? Tottenham have lost none of the 23 Premier League games that Lennon has scored in (W21 D2).

Brilliant again today

This season he is actually becoming more creative with some intelligence bursting through the middle trying to play little creative through balls.

Today we could have missed Bale but we didn (you know what I mean) because Lennon was just fudgein brilliant. Last three games has been top notch.

Lennon always steps it up when Bale is missing. Sure you get the odd game like Everton where as a whole our attack wasn't the best but against Chelsea without Bale, i thought Lennon was our best player bar none

"Sometimes he lives a little bit in the shadows, he recognises he can be at another level in terms of his performances."

I think AVB is 100% correct here. I just hope Lennon can unlock it now!

"Sometimes he lives a little bit in the shadows, he recognises he can be at another level in terms of his performances."

Anyone reckon that AvB realises that he's never hit his potential for a whole season? What I mean is, he's always been a consistently good performer, but not hit the heights like, say, Bale has for a prolonged period of time. I think he can do so, he certainly has the assets to do so (pace, good first touch, good crossing and calm finishing).

I just hope that AvB nudges him along and pushes him to really excel as a footballer.

Great performance from the little man today. Just shows what he can do when he takes on his defender. He (and Bale) are the key to unlocking massed defences. He has upped his game now at home as well as away. The old verve, which had been missing at home until today, returned in spades. Long may it continue. Well done Aaron.

slated him the other week i hold my hands up he was briliant today epic preformance. Whens his contract up? could do well rewarding him with a nice new long contract.

Anyone reckon that AvB realises that he's never hit his potential for a whole season? What I mean is, he's always been a consistently good performer, but not hit the heights like, say, Bale has for a prolonged period of time. I think he can do so, he certainly has the assets to do so (pace, good first touch, good crossing and calm finishing).

I just hope that AvB nudges him along and pushes him to really excel as a footballer.[/QUOTE]

I think he's already doing that. He certainly looks more confident in front of goal, crossing is improving all the time. Even when Bale returns I think he needs as much ball as Bale gets during the 90mins, both oppostion full backs will be on the backfoot

Harry is known for his man management but AVB is doing a great job with Lennon.

I have critized lennon recently and I think it was deserved, he really wasnt offering enough. I dont agree with people saying he was just told to defend. There were times when he was in box and could score but choosed to pass the ball back to the midfielders.

Its all about confidence, at the moment he is flying and hopefully it can carry on. If his confidence drops then we'll have the same problem as before.

He was fantastic today so lets hope AVB can keep him going.

Harry is known for his man management but AVB is doing a great job with Lennon.

I have critized lennon recently and I think it was deserved, he really wasnt offering enough. I dont agree with people saying he was just told to defend. There were times when he was in box and could score but choosed to pass the ball back to the midfielders.

Its all about confidence, at the moment he is flying and hopefully it can carry on. If his confidence drops then we'll have the same problem as before.

He was fantastic today so lets hope AVB can keep him going.

Tell me how exactly you think he's doing a GREAT job with Lennon?

I just hope that AvB nudges him along and pushes him to really excel as a footballer.[/QUOTE]

I think he's already doing that. He certainly looks more confident in front of goal, crossing is improving all the time. Even when Bale returns I think he needs as much ball as Bale gets during the 90mins, both oppostion full backs will be on the backfoot

are you basing this on the game today?

Back