• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

He needs intelligent players around him to thrive,just as intelligent players need his pace.Him and Corluka were absolutely fantastic together and I really hope we can see those two combining once again.

parklane1;103274[B said:
]He is one of our most important players and when he is not playing we are a far weaker team[/B], i really hope that next season he can be injury free because if he is then he will be one of the best players in the Prem.

So true, we really missed him when he was out injured

I'd love to see some stats on the number of goal scoring chances created by Lennon that have been missed this season. In comparison to Walcott he gets criticised for his number of assists. If we had Robin Van Penis up front, Lennon would have three or four times as many assists.

I know this is hardly revolutionary or particularly exciting - and perhaps this is a little indulgent - but I donÔÇÖt think Lennon gets anywhere near the praise he deserves as a footballer from the masses, and as a Spurs player, from us:

ÔÇó HeÔÇÖs been with us for about 7 years;
ÔÇó He works hard every game ÔÇô in fact, itÔÇÖs only us Spurs fans who know the support he gives his full back;
ÔÇó His first touch is brilliant ÔÇô probably the best in our squad alongside Van der Vaart;
ÔÇó He shifts his weight very, very well;
ÔÇó HeÔÇÖs improved over the last few years, particularly his variety of crossing;
ÔÇó You never see him moaning and whining on the pitch;
ÔÇó I donÔÇÖt recall him ever diving and it would be easy to do, given his speed and small frame;
ÔÇó You never see him acting a fool off the pitch.

ItÔÇÖs a real shame heÔÇÖs never been able to develop some ÔÇÿpunchÔÇÖ to his game ÔÇô either with very consistent crossing or carrying a goal threat, like Bale.

Ultimately, I feel like heÔÇÖll need to be replaced with someone whoÔÇÖs able to provide 10 goals a year, particularly with the current trend of dispensing with two strikers, which has obviously put greater goalscoring responsibiliy on the midfielders. There may well be hope if we bring back Corluka, considering they work so brilliantly together, but sadly, that doesnÔÇÖt look like itÔÇÖs going to happen.

Overall though, itÔÇÖs great to have a very good footballer and a seemingly decent bloke, who still has plenty of potential, in the squad.

As you were...

article-1290711-0A432C17000005DC-888_634x531.jpg

(He's the one smoking the huge cigar)

For his ability though, he is one of the best players in our team. Every time Modric hits a high long ball to his feet, I'm never worried about if he's going to mess up because he controls the ball almost perfectly every time. Our winless streak was a lot to do with his injury because without him we are so unbalanced.

Yeah that is his brother, Anthony. He used to play football and is a lot taller and bigger than our little Aaron

Can't see many other clubs bigger than us taking him on tbh.

Lot of truth in this I think. I like Lennon and he's been a great player for us - we also really miss him when he's out as he gives us balance and we have no-one remotely close to being a like for like replacement.

However, I've always thought that a clear indication of Defoe's level is the fact that no team who has been in the top 4 has ever moved to sign him with when at Spurs or Pompey and that he;s never established himself in the england squad let alone team. Its somewhat similar with Lennon - the only club which I remember him being linked to was Liverpoo 2 or 3 years back after Lennon had had a quiet year.

That said, GHod knows how we'd replace Lennon, he can win games on his own and does his share pf defensive work.

Lot of truth in this I think. I like Lennon and he's been a great player for us - we also really miss him when he's out as he gives us balance and we have no-one remotely close to being a like for like replacement.

However, I've always thought that a clear indication of Defoe's level is the fact that no team who has been in the top 4 has ever moved to sign him with when at Spurs or Pompey and that he;s never established himself in the england squad let alone team. Its somewhat similar with Lennon - the only club which I remember him being linked to was Liverpoo 2 or 3 years back after Lennon had had a quiet year.

That said, GHod knows how we'd replace Lennon, he can win games on his own and does his share pf defensive work.

Ill be honest a number of the big clubs ar ejust deluded.

Lennon would get into Liverscums side. Lennon would get into Arse's side. Lennon would get into Noocastles side. Chelscums? well maybe. I am using the normal type sides as example - except liverscum who are utter ****s.

Ill be honest a number of the big clubs ar ejust deluded.

Lennon would get into Liverscums side. Lennon would get into Arse's side. Lennon would get into Noocastles side. Chelscums? well maybe. I am using the normal type sides as example - except liverscum who are utter ****s.

Liverpool were rumoured to be after him a couple years ago when they were still half decent
There's now way he would go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
And Arsenal and Cheatski both 4-3-3....Lennon is great as a RW in a 4-4-2 but doesnt get enough goals to play the top right role in a 4-3-3

Liverpool were rumoured to be after him a couple years ago when they were still half decent
There's now way he would go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
And Arsenal and Cheatski both 4-3-3....Lennon is great as a RW in a 4-4-2 but doesnt get enough goals to play the top right role in a 4-3-3

I think he isnt gettin enough goals because he is playing in a 442. if he played in a 433 I think he would get a fair few. Maybe not 15 goals a season but 10 I would say.

He is a good finisher, I have wondered what would happen if he did play on the right side of a 4-3-3. With his pace, no team would like him playing off the shoulder of the last defender. If he could run in behind the defences and get picked out by good passes then he'd be a decent goalscorer IMO.

He is a good finisher, I have wondered what would happen if he did play on the right side of a 4-3-3. With his pace, no team would like him playing off the shoulder of the last defender. If he could run in behind the defences and get picked out by good passes then he'd be a decent goalscorer IMO.

He was making runs off the back of the defence all day against Villa. He didn't get picked out by a single pass unfortunately.

He does have a good shot on him. Too unselfish at times.

One thing I will say about Azza is his touch is exceptional. Have you noticed how he is able to bring it down with little trouble so often. Very underrated aspect to his game.

The way he controls those longe range Thudd passes is simply amazing

One thing I will say about Azza is his touch is exceptional. Have you noticed how he is able to bring it down with little trouble so often. Very underrated aspect to his game.

You're right, it's very often over-looked. Cross field balls are drilled over too him quite frequently, and 19 times out of 20 he manages to kill it stone dead with one touch.

Great player to have at the club, I'm always happy when he's on the team sheet or when he comes on. There's just something about him that makes me happy.

Has a lot of great sides to his game, and does a lot of the unappreciated things very well. Sticks to his line to create space for others, works his socks of and works cleverly defensively, doesn't whinge or moan about everything. For me he hasn't quite reached the attacking levels he had before his last major injury and his performance levels swing a bit too much still. Still a very good player, to me it just feels like there's an even better player in him somewhere.

Back