• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Still only 32 - so sad he had to retire, it was far too soon, really.
Just imagine the team we could have had today, had transfers and everything worked out in our favour:

Lloris
Walker - King - Vertonghen - BAE
Lennon - Sandro - Carrick - Modric - Bale
Berbatov

With the likes of VDV, Dawson, Parker and Adebayor as subs.
Title contenders? Oh well, we'll never know.

Re: Ledley King

That's what GG decided would be a fitting opponent - but I've seen no fruther suggestion of the above elsewhere

Any links?

Just a general rumour that it is supposed to be part of the "special relationship" agreement hammered-out as part of the Luka Modric saga.

I think it's more a wish than a rumour.

A somewhat ambiguous club statement after the Modric transfer...

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT

Posted 27 August 2012 08:51am

CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC

The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club.

The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.

Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."

Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."

Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.

We wish him well for the future.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/club-announcement-27082012.page?

I know they are both only rumours, but if they both come to light, it wont be a bad pair of pre-season friendlies to get us prepared

Aug 3rd? Porto (a)
Aug 10th? Real Madrid (h)

Aug 17th Opening League weekend

Ahhhh when I saw this I thought Ledley was coming out of retirment for two more seasons!! Was quite gutted when I read it wasn't!!!

Yeah, shame he had to retire. He put in world class peformances on such a consitent basis despite no traning. He could be gone months and months and then come straight back and make it look like he'd been playing all season. Such a great player. He was world class as he was anyway so one can only imagine how much better he would've become had he not had the injurys he had. Bet we would've kept many more clean sheets aswell!

A Real-Spurs friendly would be quite a money spinner. Pre-season friendlies are all about money so I'd expect both clubs to want a cut.

New "Sainsbury's" will turn out to actually be the start of a secret 90,000 Northumberland Park Mega Stadium project.
Ledley King testimonial will be first game to be played in new ground, pre-season friendly vs Real Madrid.

Any videos around of the speeches? I guess not, but maybe the club would release for a DVD or something at some point? I guess its a private affair, but would be fantastic to see.

Back