• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

How does that saying go?

Even Twunts are right twice a day.

No wait, that's broken clocks.

Twunts will always be Twunts.

Tottenham v Everton (17:30 BST)
I watched Tottenham at Leicester last weekend and I could not work out what they were trying to do in attack.

When I go to games I travel back in the car and think over about both teams and the way they played.

With Tottenham I was thinking about whether they could get in the top four and they don't look anywhere near it.

They had too many players who did not really contribute, especially their trio of forwards behind Harry Kane. Eric Dier did all right a bit further back in midfield but this is Tottenham, and 'all right' is not good enough.

It was only when Dele Alli came on and started running behind Leicester's defence that Kane started to get a little bit of room and began to look better. Overall, though, it was not good enough.

I've been more impressed by what I have seen from Everton, especially in their last couple of games against Southampton and Emirates Marketing Project, even though they lost last weekend.

But I think the Toffees should give up on trying to keep Chelsea target John Stones at the club.

I can understand why they don't want to sell but I would be saying the same if he was at Liverpool - when you are offered around £30-£35m for a centre-back, especially someone who is only 21, then you have got to take it.

Everton could sign three or even four quality players with that money, and could improve their whole team.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Darren's prediction: 1-1

dq58og.png

Tottenham v Everton (Saturday, 5.30pm, live on Sky Sports 1)

Tottenham need to get going. I thought they played well at Leicester and Man Utd but never really looked like scoring. They're having a lot of play, and they need someone with a bit of cutting edge with all the ball they're getting.

In terms of Spurs in the transfer window, a second striker for Harry Kane will do what Arouna Kone has done for Romelu Lukaku.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kone, but he's gone up front and has helped Lukaku, and they look a better team since. With Kane, he needs the pressure taken off him. It can only be a good thing for Spurs.

I don't think the John Stones situation will unsettle the Everton players, but I don't think it was a great move for the defender to put in a transfer request.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

Sunderland v Tottenham (13:30 BST)
Tottenham missed out on Saido Berahino on deadline day but they obviously realised the front end of their team needed strengthening to help Harry Kane and have brought in South Korean striker Son Heung-min.

Sunderland hope to do the same by signing Fabio Borini from Liverpool and it will be interesting to see whether either signing has an effect.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

How is that a prediction of the game? its just a commentary on the transfer window.

IMG_20150918_083020.jpg
Thinks we will lose 3:1. It's not bias apparently. The fact he seems to say that all the time says it all.

Look at the state of the cnuts face. Only Pires has a more smackable mug

Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project (12:45 BST)

I have seen Tottenham a few times this season and they have improved in attack in recent weeks.

They are clearly trying to get as many people in and around Harry Kane as possible, with Son Heung-min one player who did that in their win over Crystal Palace last time out, and Dele Alli another.

Alli is clearly going to be a really good player but I am not convinced by his partnership with Eric Dier at the heart of their midfield.

Alli likes to get forward, and I understand why, but he will have defensive work to do on Saturday and, if City have a lot of the ball, I think they will win.

I cannot see Tottenham trying to replicate the counter-attacking tactics that worked for West Ham against City last week, and I am not sure they could do it successfully even if they wanted to.

Lawro's prediction:0-2

hahaha .. fudging unbelievable

I saw this thread bumped, before I opened it, my thought was, bet the twunt has City to win 2-0 ...

Back