• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I'd be mildly surprised if we took a player who is "gone" for a likely package of somewhere between 35-50M on a post season tour and included him in a bunch of social media stuff.

I'd be amazed if City has moved for Kyle that they would allow it .. fudge, if I was paying their kind of money, he better be wrapped in cotton wool until he signs.

The more realistic answer is there has been an offer, the club is likely not interested in selling (and sending that message by putting him on tour), and two things need to happen, City is going to have to pay out their ass and Kyle is going to have to insist he absolutely wants out for it to go through.

Bale? (pre or post season, can't remember, but he went - and picked up an 'injury' so he couldn't/wouldn't play).

I still think Walker will be with us next season. Wishful thinking maybe, but your last para sums it up for me. Provided of course that he hasn't fallen out with Poch unreconcilably, which doesn't seem to be the case given that he was still playing the last few games, albeit from the bench.

You mean like the video he did saying Tottenham Till I die a few months the ago ??

And which would have been done well before he wasn't picked for a couple of high profile games and before City started sniffing around in earnest.

As I've also said before, if he goes I will be sorry to see it. Poch will make the final decision and that's good enough for me. But there is something going on on Walker's part. If he really wanted to kill the speculation his PR people would have been on it within minutes.

And which would have been done well before he wasn't picked for a couple of high profile games and before City started sniffing around in earnest.

As I've also said before, if he goes I will be sorry to see it. Poch will make the final decision and that's good enough for me. But there is something going on on Walker's part. If he really wanted to kill the speculation his PR people would have been on it within minutes.
Tottenham Till I'm Dropped.

Speculation is good for a player as it raises their profile and bargaining position when discussing new contracts

He would be a defenite upgrade to City's defence and a pain in the ass to us each time we play against them.
Also he is a very suitable type of a player to Guardiola's style

Yes, we stay with Trippier, who has much better crossing and passing abilities, but we'll miss Walker's pace and strength. Also I should say, Kyle upped his defensive abilities during last two seasons. We all remember the times when he regularly made 1-2 braindead challenges each season which cost us points in key fixtures. Trippier has a lot to do in this aspect as well.

Still hope he'll leave abroad (Bayern f.e.), but it has a very low chance of happening considering all the factors.

He would be a defenite upgrade to City's defence and a pain in the ass to us each time we play against them.
Also he is a very suitable type of a player to Guardiola's style

I definitely agree with the first - if he goes to City, I'm not looking forward to seeing him rampaging down the wing against Rose + Son. But I'm not so sure about the second - he's not as great on the ball as some of the other right-backs Pep has played (Alves, Lahm, Kimmich), and that's massively important in Pep's system.

Rumours, rumours, nothing but fudging rumours.

Assuming City have put in a bid, there are still a fair few boxes to be ticked.

First, Tottenham must want to sell. Poch has made it clear only the club will decide who stays and who goes.

Second, will Levy sell to a rival?

Third, does Walker really want to leave? All speculation so far.

Fourth, buying club needs to meet Tottenham's valuation. Levy will undoubtedly make the pips squeak.

Fifth, if Levy won't sell to a rival ,which if any foreign club(s) want him and are they willing and able to meet Levy's valuation?

Sixth, would Walker be happy to go abroad? Rumour mill says he wants to return oop north. If we're not prepared to sell to a rival he might just end up deciding to stay put.

Still long way to go. :eek:

He won't get a proper new contract with us because of the message it sends to the rest of the squad, but I reckon we will do a behind-the-scenes deal to tweak his bonus terms or some fudge like that.

According to Jermaine Jenas, the thing that has ticked him off was finding out how much more Ryan Bertrand earns than him.

I definitely agree with the first - if he goes to City, I'm not looking forward to seeing him rampaging down the wing against Rose + Son. But I'm not so sure about the second - he's not as great on the ball as some of the other right-backs Pep has played (Alves, Lahm, Kimmich), and that's massively important in Pep's system.
I agree that Walker is not so good with the ball as Lahm and Alves yet, but beside that Pep wants his fullbacks to interchange positions with attacking players which exploits space and produces holes in opponent's defence - and Kyle is fully capable of it.

He won't get a proper new contract with us because of the message it sends to the rest of the squad, but I reckon we will do a behind-the-scenes deal to tweak his bonus terms or some fudge like that.

According to Jermaine Jenas, the thing that has ticked him off was finding out how much more Ryan Bertrand earns than him.

WBA are willing to offer 28-year-old (29 in June) Watford striker Troy Deeney £100,000 a week deal. Deeny is a very ordinary player while Walker is arguably the best in his position in the league so you can understand while a player like Walker would like to earn more money. Can we really be surprised that Toby has not signed a new contract?

Levy has done wonders but we are approaching the stage where our wage ceiling will hinder us

Last edited:
I agree that Walker is not so good with the ball as Lahm and Alves yet, but beside that Pep wants his fullbacks to interchange positions with attacking players which exploits space and produces holes in opponent's defence - and Kyle is fully capable of it.

Guardiola prefers inverted full-backs, which I'm not sure will suit Walker

If true, that's understandable.

Starts against Hong Kong today:

Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies, Lesniak, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Eriksen, Son, Janssen

WBA are willing to offer 28-year-old (29 in June) Watford striker Troy Deeney £100,000 a week deal. Deeny is a very ordinary player while Walker i sarguably the best in his position in the league so you can understand while a player like Walker would like to earn more money. But no surprise that Toby has not signed a new contract.

Levy has done wonders but we are approaching the stage where our wage ceiling will hinder us

Maybe but these deals plucked out at random are neither here nor there - the top players at lower clubs in the premier league often get paid more than some of our earners - remember Lucas Niell joining West Ham over us years ago? No real difference here other than the numbers have changed

We should be playing our played wages that reflects the clubs expectation of them

If we think we have players capable of challenging for honours we should pay players at that level... it's not like the fans don't get charged those prices

We should be playing our played wages that reflects the clubs expectation of them

If we think we have players capable of challenging for honours we should pay players at that level... it's not like the fans don't get charged those prices

We should pay them what we can afford to pay them as a percentage of our turnover, no more - that's how sensible clubs are run

Back