• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

does it unsettle the squad?

players come and go, every player in the team now has taken the place of someone else and they will all lose their place to someone else in the future, that's how the game works

there is a difference between actively trying to sell players and every player having their price

Saying that we should take offers above market value for all of our players without hesitation will result in is constantly building a team

Have to agree with this, we become a selling team again IF ( and i am still not sure we will) sell Walker.

Our biggest problem will be at end of next season if we end up with no trophy . I have said this before ( and many do not like hearing it) if we fail to win something my fear will be more players will be looking to leave.
Both Levy and Poch have assured us that we will only sell players we want to sell. So Walker is going nowhere unless Poch wants him out.

As for 'selling club,' that is just a lazy label the media looks for every opportunity to throw at us. It is now four full years since we last sold one of our top players. Since then we have repeatedly secured the commitment of our top players through extended contracts and hopefully Alderweireld will shortly be the latest to get Poch's arm around his shoulder.

But at the end of the day even the biggest clubs will ultimately sell top players when one party or the other wants out. When Man U sold the likes of Tevez, Van Nistlerooy, Beckham and Ronaldo, did that make them a selling club?

The overriding priority for Poch is to ensure every player is pulling in the same direction. If any of our players is no longer willing to comply with the manager's decisions, regardless of his importance to the team that fundamentally changes the landscape. It is then down to the manager how he resolves the issue.

Finally I'd agree that if we fail to win a BIG trophy next season then the exodus will begin. Not convinced that a domestic trophy would be enough do the trick though.

Both Levy and Poch have assured us that we will only sell players we want to sell. So Walker is going nowhere unless Poch wants him out.

As for 'selling club,' that is just a lazy label the media looks for every opportunity to throw at us. It is now four full years since we last sold one of our top players. Since then we have repeatedly secured the commitment of our top players through extended contracts and hopefully Alderweireld will shortly be the latest to get Poch's arm around his shoulder.

But at the end of the day even the biggest clubs will ultimately sell top players when one party or the other wants out. When Man U sold the likes of Tevez, Van Nistlerooy, Beckham and Ronaldo, did that make them a selling club?

The overriding priority for Poch is to ensure every player is pulling in the same direction. If any of our players is no longer willing to comply with the manager's decisions, regardless of his importance to the team that fundamentally changes the landscape. It is then down to the manager how he resolves the issue.

Finally I'd agree that if we fail to win a BIG trophy next season then the exodus will begin. Not convinced that a domestic trophy would be enough do the trick though.

So we have to win the ECL to keep players???

I think any trophy would be enough to keep them happy

Saying that we should take offers above market value for all of our players without hesitation will result in is constantly building a team

thats what we are doing anyway, a team is never finished, it can always be improved

thats what we are doing anyway, a team is never finished, it can always be improved

No doubt, but dismantling a solid team is pointless. We do sell at a premium, but to encourage it does not fill me with any confidence that such a team can compete.

If we lost dele kane alder dembele etc this summer it would only set us back no matter who we bring in to replace them.

Would winning a FA cup STOP e.g. Walker leaving?
Would a new contract on £300k pw keep him?

Now be honest!

You/we see things from a totally different perspective to the top players.

You have to pay the players good money regardless of trophies otherwise they go

Then you need to win something, but the money comes first

You have to pay the players good money regardless of trophies otherwise they go

Then you need to win something, but the money comes first

By a country mile!
But Cups are what you win when you are a top side with the most important thing - a squad with great depth!

We are about 5 quality players short IMHO!
Getting these 'extra' quality players is the journey we are currently embarked on by getting the infrastructure in place. (New stadium etc)
Levy has been relentless in his planning and it's why I rate him so highly.

I do not think it is a simple case of Levy or Poch "wanting him out" more likely they realise he is desperate to go and so have fixed a price at which they will sell him. if they match that price we sell else he stays.

By a country mile!
But Cups are what you win when you are a top side with the most important thing - a squad with great depth!

We are about 5 quality players short IMHO!
Getting these 'extra' quality players is the journey we are currently embarked on by getting the infrastructure in place. (New stadium etc)
Levy has been relentless in his planning and it's why I rate him so highly.

5????

How do you get that ???

We were maybe 1 short last IMO but even that's subjective

5????

How do you get that ???

We were maybe 1 short last IMO but even that's subjective

Replacements need to be equal or better than those on the field.

Look a Chelsea's Willian, Fabregas, Batbrickcrazy plus, I think you get my drift (can't think of many more):cool:
Not the likes of Sissoko an Janssen then academy players (but I'm a big fan of Winksy) but we need backups for midfielders, Importantly of a good quality (see Chelsea example)

I do not think it is a simple case of Levy or Poch "wanting him out" more likely they realise he is desperate to go and so have fixed a price at which they will sell him. if they match that price we sell else he stays.
Fully agree, I didn't mean that phrase as harsh as it sounds. Walker is under contract with us and it may well be that neither Poch nor Levy want to sell. But if like you say Walker is unhappy, they won't want him unsettling the squad, hence they will 'want him out.'

Back