• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Danny wasn't strong at 18 though

KWP needs to develop his physical side but he is still a kid

Always possible ...

I've seen him play a few times in pre-season stuff, just never seen the potential other seem to see (but didn't see it in Danny either pre Poch), my bet is in two years he is somewhere else.

I just worry about an avalanche of players trying to leave if Walker goes. I don't want any players to leave, I want them to grow and become legends like the 61 team we all still talk about.

Then, in today's money rich game, I fear you are going to be sadly disappointed!
I think there will be a steady trickle rather than the "avalanche" you dread!

Last edited:
I am still not convinced that Walker will leave, however IF he does then Trippier is not in the same class and i am not sure Smith is the answer either.

So much speculation, like you, not convinced yet he is gone.

Absolutely no way I see him leaving for 35M to a EPL rival, I like some others would expect it in the 45-50M range if in EPL, perhaps the 35M range if abroad.

If he does go, we will buy someone, and it should be someone that will likely unseat Trippier.

So much speculation, like you, not convinced yet he is gone.

Absolutely no way I see him leaving for 35M to a EPL rival, I like some others would expect it in the 45-50M range if in EPL, perhaps the 35M range if abroad.

If he does go, we will buy someone, and it should be someone that will likely unseat Trippier.

This for me IF it happens, nothing against Trippier who has done well this season but IF he is the replacement for Walker then we have downgraded in that posistion for sure.

Then, in today's money rich game, I fear you are going to be sadly disappointed!
I think there will be a steady trickle rather than the "avalanche" you dread!

Nothing that a universal wage cap, squad size limit and stricter loan regulations can't fix. Utopian as fudge, of course, with all the financially doped clubs eager to maintain status quo, but one can always dream.

That's a different discussion though.

We will buy, a lot of people (at least used to) rate KWP, but personally I've never seen it, to me playing in Poch's system typically requires a physicality about you, and if you don't have the physique, you need to have that strength/aggression in how you play (see Danny, small but strong, physical player with bite to his game).
...but Trippier is far from those requirements as well?

Firstly, i want Walker to stay.

I'm not convinced things are terminal.

IMO he has not seen eye to eye with Poch regarding the rotation, they dont agree on a few things. This then leads to a bit of flim flam flying around and maybe a few nice soundbites from an agent.

Two things to remember here. 1> The full backs were plenty rotated last season with little fuss. 2> Poch has a consideration for Trippier as well (part of the group). Trippier has been nothing but patient and performed very well when asked (with little game time to get prepared, remember). Trippier could understandably want to leave if he feels he isnt contributing or in the picture. Poch may feel this and wants to keep both sweet.

If Walker is angling (which he could be as he didnt kick off about rotation last year) and wants out then he may as well go.
The timing is tinkle poor (not sure if Walkers fault) and even the hint of wanting to leave quite weird. Just as we get good (surely what you've always wanted) you want to leave? (if true of course!).

Don't kid yourself, Walker is a much better RB than Trippier. That said, he will never deliver the ball as well as Trippier and if we end up regularly dominating teams and all you want a crossing machine then there maybe a valid case. Defensively Walker can live with anyone. Fast, recovery speed, workrate and strength.
I think we would be reminded of Trippiers limitations up against the best wide men in games where the points on offer make you champions.

If he goes, i would want him to go abroad. BUT i have to agree if City offered £35M and Ineachacho (?) then i would support that all day.

PS I'd have to laugh though, as Pep said his last RB, Philip Lahm, was the most intelligent footballer he has evr had the pleasure to work with. Either he's testing his coaching abilities or hasnt done the character profiling on Walker yet :)

Last edited:
Its been handled so badly. No one wants Walker unsettled, his performances dip, Spurs team focus is distracted, Walker doesn't look good at all. Walker's people have not handled it well and maybe the club hasn't either. It all should have been flatly denied, swept under the carpet, with the sole focus: winning football matches. Then after the last game of the season - sort it out: get a bidding war going, talk Walker round whatever.

Why this hasn't happened like this, I don't know. No one, Walker or Spurs win from it.

Last edited:
What about the huge stadium debt that will need to be paid off? Surely a decent chunk of our increased income has already been earmarked to pay down that?
That's why we'll only allocate half of our extra income to player wages.... the rest can go to paying off the stadium. It is even conceivable that instead of paying the debt off, we simply keep,it in place and pay the interest.

Back