• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

He's good with the ball going forward but he cannot get past a man and cannot defend. He's not a bad player but I think it would be a good idea to cash in whilst his stock is still high.
One point to consider is we are not exactly brimming at the seams with over-21 home grown players either.

One point to consider is we are not exactly brimming at the seams with over-21 home grown players either.

That's a fair.

My original point was that both Aurier and Trippier have their faults and that we would afford to lose one and promote KWP.

That's a fair.

My original point was that both Aurier and Trippier have their faults and that we would afford to lose one and promote KWP.
Yup, I agree.

It’s a difficult one, I’ve long banged the drum for KWP to see action, but can’t decide what to do about the ‘other two’.
To my mind, they both ‘have question marks’ next to them - but I don’t feel we have a full conclusion on either yet, to be able to make the correct call. Time will tell I guess.

I’m glad though that Poch will inevitably make the right decision, whatever it is.

He's good with the ball going forward but he cannot get past a man and cannot defend. He's not a bad player but I think it would be a good idea to cash in whilst his stock is still high.
So what? He doesn't need to get past his man, he's that good at bypassing him with an instant lob over the top to put a forward through on goal. Keep up!

As for his defending, yes he's been generally poor for too long now but that is partly down to a dip in form, something all players go through at some stage. For sure he has always been especially susceptible to tricky forwards but until recently those occasions when he was completely taken apart were not that frequent. Besides we are talking about a weakness against the very best, the sort that most defenders would struggle to contain. Even Walker is having a bit of a dip at City atm so it comes to them all.

So what? He doesn't need to get past his man, he's that good at bypassing him with an instant lob over the top to put a forward through on goal. Keep up!

I think that it can disrupt our attacking play. He's a decent player, just one that it may be time to cash in on.

I think we can argue the plus and minuses of both Tripps and Aurier but they have played enough to know they certainly have minuses.

Hypothetically, if we had someone lined up as a probable starter, I don't see it as radical thinking to let both go (circa £50m for both?) and KWP as a no.2 who'd still get 15 games a season.

The more I think of it we needs someone that trump's those two, as we're gonna have the same old to and fro's when either has a game where they're not up to it.

I think we can argue the plus and minuses of both Tripps and Aurier but they have played enough to know they certainly have minuses.

Hypothetically, if we had someone lined up as a probable starter, I don't see it as radical thinking to let both go (circa £50m for both?) and KWP as a no.2 who'd still get 15 games a season.

The more I think of it we needs someone that trump's those two, as we're gonna have the same old to and fro's when either has a game where they're not up to it.

Totally agree. KWP is perfectly fine as the backup/rotation option, he's shown he's ready for that imo. So cash in on the other two and buy a first choice player that improves the team, especially on the defensive side (I'm not really looking for an improvement in attack, slightly worse than Tripp going forward is still plenty good enough, as long as the guy is a beast defensively).

Totally agree. KWP is perfectly fine as the backup/rotation option, he's shown he's ready for that imo. So cash in on the other two and buy a first choice player that improves the team, especially on the defensive side (I'm not really looking for an improvement in attack, slightly worse than Tripp going forward is still plenty good enough, as long as the guy is a beast defensively).

Ideally, we'd be looking at someone with pace and who can run for ever.

I don't think that he's a bad player, I just don't think that he is that good either. Trippier is very good at one thing, crossing, his defending is poor and he can't get past a man. I wouldn't be too worried about selling one or both.

Fair enough, I think his crossing is slightly over rated as well - for the amount of chances he gets to cross.

It's not radical, but it might be too much upheaval in too short a time-period. I think letting Trippier go wouldn't hurt us much, given KWP's potential - but letting Aurier go would. And I think Serge has a lot more to give in general.

His best game for us so far ( imo), still to early to suggest he should be our number one RB but if he keeps improving then he is in with a shout. I would sell Trippier ( who as someone said earlier that his price would be fairly good), i still think Aurier has shown enough to get more games there.

His best game for us so far ( imo), still to early to suggest he should be our number one RB but if he keeps improving then he is in with a shout. I would sell Trippier ( who as someone said earlier that his price would be fairly good), i still think Aurier has shown enough to get more games there.
Giving Pochettino a bit of a headache in the best possible way.

I want to see more defensive action from KWP before deciding if he’s good for the first team. Trippier creates chances too, I think though that he’s just terrible right back in a 4 man defence as he makes too many mistakes. If KWP can also prove that the defensive elements of his game are strong then he’ll deserve to be starting regularly.

Back