• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Naughton ***official sold to Swansea***

Re: The Official Kyle Naughton Thead

You just don't play a right footed player at left back. Ever. Tarrico? Rubbish!

Getting rid of Ekotto was one of te worst pieces of business done by AVB and I don't have any sympathy to what happens to him now.

the best left back of all time was right footed.

dvd wasn't the worst either.

I'm being deadly serious when i say that i would have done better in that position yesterday.

I am 100% serious when I say I would. I am a RB and have played and play at a reasonable level. I have also played LB with a complete reliance to do anything technical with my right foot and never struggled like he does. Its alright saying totally different levels but it is more about his overall ability.

Like someone said, looks like someone who won a competition to play for a season at a top club as opposed to a competent professional footballer.

I've literally never seen him kick the ball with his left foot. Even when the ball comes to him and no player is within 20 yards of him, he'll still cut inside and pass it to the centre back, rather than have to shift the ball on to his left.

I refuse to believe this man is a professional footballer and not part of some reality TV life-swap show. Somewhere in Sheffield, there is a perfectly competent Premier League full back sat behind a supermarket checkout.

:lol:

I hope this is the last time we ever see him in a Spurs ****. He got done about 3 times in the first 5 minutes.

Name me one thing Kyle Naughton has ever done of note in a Spurs shirt. An assist? A goal? A last ditch tackle? A brilliant over lap to whip in a cross? ANYTHING?

We got rid of BAE and kept Kyle Naughton?!?!

Naughton is a decent right back, it was not his fault that he is being deployed at left back

Said it once and I'll say it again, he's not a premier league quality player, that's the cold hard truth....

No that is utter ****e. Try playing Dawson at left back against flying wingers and see how good he looks.

BAE was the second most fined player last season, after Adebayor. Late to training, late to matches, late, late, late. It was felt he wasn't taking it seriously and didn't learn from the fines.

Therefore, his attitude wasn't considered good enough and he was moved to somewhere that was more accommodating.

That said, Naughton is pish. Physically weak, weak-minded, weak on his left foot - weak. Crap.

If he is weak on his left foot then blame the person that played him at left back.

I agree with you Naija. He was terrible against Liverpool, but he showed for Norwich that he's at the very least a decent PL fullback that could be useful in our squad if used right.

The mistake at left back was getting rid of Benie and not getting a left footed replacement

Last edited:

No that is utter ****e. Try playing Dawson at left back against flying wingers and see how good he looks.

That's apples and oranges as Dawson is a CB not a full back. Better off playing Townsend there and perhaps if you are forced into playing a right back at left back instruct a midfield player to help him out. And here's a thought, if your opponents have a speedy winger like, say Raheem 'Baby Maker' Sterling, double up on him!

that includes several managers then, he has played there throughout his career. Maybe he is good in training!?!

Naughton looked fine there against Sunderland. He has also looked ok there against other sides and iirc he played there against Chelsea who are arguably a. Better side than Liverpoo and had a solid game

The problem is he has no left foot other than for standing in and Sterling kept on putting him onto his back foot from the word go. He had a mare and was hounded by our own fans after 11 minutes (I looked at the score board)

He is not the answer long term or even short term but defensively we were down to our bare bones on Sunday. We had Fryers in the bench with his 3 games EPL experience (I'm guessing that number) and he has been far from convincing. If AVB had started him and he started like Naughtin did then imagine the criticism he would have got

He is a half decent right back and at best a solid left back (at best)

He had a **** game but the whole defence had 1 first team player IMO (walker) and that was a massive contributing factor to the defeat

poor lad, out of position (due to injury) in a game where everyone played badly, write it off to experience and see what he can do next time

I'm being deadly serious when i say that i would have done better in that position yesterday.

You really wouldn't have.... especially when you consider the fact that he generally had both Sterling and Johnson to deal with.

Am I the only one who noticed Chadli continually fail to track Johnson's runs as he went forward? If I was AVB then I would've taken Chadli off after 15 minutes.

To be fair all of this merely emphasises how badly prepared we were going into the season with only one left back - despite the fact that the manager likes to set his teams up with inverted wingers and width provided by the full backs. This has necessitated playing our best central defender at left back just so that we can have somebody there who has a left foot, but this then weakens the defence overall and also ****es off our best centre half as he doesn't want to play left back.

Naughton should be cover to Walker and last resort cover at centre back (I saw him play there for Norwich and he is 100 times more suited than Capoue is to partnering Dawson as a central defender in a team that wants to play a high line!)

To be fair all of this merely emphasises how badly prepared we were going into the season with only one left back - despite the fact that the manager likes to set his teams up with inverted wingers and width provided by the full backs. This has necessitated playing our best central defender at left back just so that we can have somebody there who has a left foot, but this then weakens the defence overall and also ****es off our best centre half as he doesn't want to play left back.

Naughton should be cover to Walker and last resort cover at centre back (I saw him play there for Norwich and he is 100 times more suited than Capoue is to partnering Dawson as a central defender in a team that wants to play a high line!)

We had a second left back but he was loaned to QPR at the end of the window despite being our best LB and us not having a replacement lined up

Nice to see the lad had a good game today. Looks much more confident when played in his natural position

Nice to see the lad had a good game today. Looks much more confident when played in his natural position

Yep, looks decent as a cover-right back. No real need to use him at left-back with Rose/Vert/Fryers and BAE potentially to get called back.

This is going to sound harsh. But at this stage in his career and with Walker in front of him. For us and him if he left and Fredericks moved up as Walkers backup that might be a good thing. If a player cant grab a spot after a certain amount of seasons then we need to show the young players they have a path into the first team.

Back