• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kit Thread

i'm not going to start laughing until i see ours first, just in case [-o<

but what is taking us so long? surely it can't be anything but good business to have the new kit available as soon as the season ends? if we do perpetually have overstocks at year end, then the store should be thinking about lowering prices overall or having deeper discounts and earlier too.

surely something that any competent store manager/buyer could manage?

Well Spurs make 8-10M a year on all merchandising. So by delaying the kit a month you could MAYBE increase that a little, although you can argue people will buy the kit anyway no matter when it's out. Let's say by it being out early you can increase revenue by 250k. Kit is usually delayed at Spurs due to sponsorship deals. I would guess Levy is getting the most out of potential sponsors and this will add up to more than 250k.

So I would say, in this case the better business is to wait and get a better sponsorship deal.

Of course, you could argue that driving a hard bargain earlier and releasing the kit early would be ideal, and maybe you're right.

I was a bit bored tonight.

spurs-home.jpg

spurs-away.jpg

spurs-alt.jpg

That home kit is really nice, dark blue is nice too although I'm not sold on the sky blue sleeve parts I'm sure I would get used to it. I've never been a fan of our yellow shirts, but I've never been a big fan of our sky blue shirts either.

billy white on coys:

We are very much so behind on a new shirt sponsorship deal. DL had been trying to acquire a combined shirt sponsor and naming rights (new stadium) sponsor for the next three years for a long time, but has had no luck in doing so. We are now scrambling to try and get ahold of something this week.

Back