• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

A man after my own heart, sick to death of seeing us going out of cup competitions with barely a whimper. Lets try to put some silverware into our very dusty trophy cabinet.

Without a doubt. We slag off that lot down the road prior to those two FA Cups for a very barren spell and regularly laugh at the complete absence of any sort of trophy since decimalisation at the Canning town bingo club but we haven't won anything for 9 years come February.

We should be winning 2-3 trophies a decade given our resources and the fact we regularly compete for 4 trophies every season. All in my very humble of course.

Without a doubt. We slag off that lot down the road prior to those two FA Cups for a very barren spell and regularly laugh at the complete absence of any sort of trophy since decimalisation at the Canning town bingo club but we haven't won anything for 9 years come February.

We should be winning 2-3 trophies a decade given our resources and the fact we regularly compete for 4 trophies every season. All in my very humble of course.

This is something i have never been able to understand from the Spurs fans who belittle the cups and want us to focus on finishing among the losers ( top four). These ( in most cases) are the same fans who for years took the tinkle out of the Arse for winning nothing but seem happy enough for us to do the same. Madness.

This is something i have never been able to understand from the Spurs fans who belittle the cups and want us to focus on finishing among the losers ( top four). These ( in most cases) are the same fans who for years took the tinkle out of the Arse for winning nothing but seem happy enough for us to do the same. Madness.

For years they've been able to spend a lot more than us. If we were an established CL side for over a decade, but did nothing else I'd be unhappy. Getting more regular slices of that pie is far more important to us right now if we want to go anywhere as a club.

For years they've been able to spend a lot more than us. If we were an established CL side for over a decade, but did nothing else I'd be unhappy. Getting more regular slices of that pie is far more important to us right now if we want to go anywhere as a club.

I understand your point but football is about glory and that means winning things not finishing among the losers ( top four). We can make the top four and win something if we try. Giving up on trophys is one of the things that is wrong in todays game and i am amazed that some fans seem to be happy with that.

Stop! Hammer time but it makes no sense to me.

I understand your point but football is about glory and that means winning things not finishing among the losers ( top four). We can make the top four and win something if we try. Giving up on trophys is one of the things that is wrong in todays game and i am amazed that some fans seem to be happy with that.

Stop! Hammer time but it makes no sense to me.

Right now I'd rather we tried to build something for the long term and that means getting the money and exposure that the CL offers. A few more CL runs and a new stadium and then we'll see. One league title would mean more than ten FA cups. The days of barely being able to finish in the top half meant cup matches were all we had. It's not that disappointing to get knocked out any more. Being competitive in the league makes for a far more enjoyable experience as a supporter.

The saturation of televised matches has killed my interest in watching other teams. In the 90s I'd be all over a Thursday night game between someone like Parma and Steaua Bucuresti or similar, but there's only so much football I can take before it gets boring, especially with all the clams in the game these day. When I get my fix on football I much prefer it to be Tottenham, even if it's a post season friendly in China, to a cup final with those teams in red. Secondary anything that directly impacts us. I couldn't tell you who won any cups this past season or even who made it to the final.

Right now I'd rather we tried to build something for the long term and that means getting the money and exposure that the CL offers. A few more CL runs and a new stadium and then we'll see. One league title would mean more than ten FA cups. The days of barely being able to finish in the top half meant cup matches were all we had. It's not that disappointing to get knocked out any more. Being competitive in the league makes for a far more enjoyable experience as a supporter.

The saturation of televised matches has killed my interest in watching other teams. In the 90s I'd be all over a Thursday night game between someone like Parma and Steaua Bucuresti or similar, but there's only so much football I can take before it gets boring, especially with all the clams in the game these day. When I get my fix on football I much prefer it to be Tottenham, even if it's a post season friendly in China, to a cup final with those teams in red. Secondary anything that directly impacts us. I couldn't tell you who won any cups this past season or even who made it to the final.

As i say i do understand the points you make but i can not agree with them, as for watching other teams i rarely do anymore unless its against us. As for the Champs Lge i never watch what i consider to be nothing more then money making exercise for the few. Sport is about competing to win things and one of the reasons i have/am considering packing it all in is that winning things has taken a back seat for many fans.

What is the point of every season giving up on trophys we could win to concentrate on winning something it will take us years ( if ever) to be able to do so. As i say Stop! Hammer time but for me it not right, for the first time ever i gave my ticket away for a cup game ( Liverpool) because many seemed to think it was not worth trying to win the game. Over the years i have spent a lot of money going abroad in the EL and here for our cup games in the hope we could celebrate winning something ( now before someone jumps in and say that is my decision, i know it is) but its getting to the point where i am begining to wonder what's the point.

What is the point of every season giving up on trophys we could win to concentrate on winning something it will take us years ( if ever) to be able to do so?

- i think he has already answered that tbh parklane, it's short term v long term thinking, like it or not being title contenders and qualifying for the CL consistently will do much more for the growth of our club than winning a domestic trophy every now and again and if you want to become a top tier club that consistently challenges for trophies/leagues then it something which has to take priority, otherwise you'll never get there.

similar to what Jordinho says above, if 10 years (or whatever) down the line we've established ourselves as top tier club but we're still prioritizing financial growth over competing for trophies then that will be a totally different scenario and one i would not be happy to see.

Winning the FA cup didn't do ferguson any harm. It would tell our lads that they are winners. And it would make me outrageously happy for weeks.
Those old f uckers like me on here LOVED watching us win the FA Cup, but sadly in 'The Modern Game" there are other priorities at high levels that dictate what is important in the long term. And for a Big Football Club the happiness of us fans is not as high on the priority list as getting our hard earned cash.

no ones really arguing against winning a cup being a great thing though, i loved the league cup win v Chelsea more than any CL qualification and would love to win a trophy this season, id celebrate it more than finishing in the top 4 for sure - but if we want those cup victories to be more than a fleeting moment then we as a club, in our current state, have to prioritize league performance and overall growth

Winning the FA cup didn't do ferguson any harm. It would tell our lads that they are winners. And it would make me outrageously happy for weeks.

This for me as well, winning things is a habit and once you start you want more of it. We are in a position now that were we to win something it would push us on to bigger and better things.

This for me as well, winning things is a habit and once you start you want more of it. We are in a position now that were we to win something it would push us on to bigger and better things.

i think thats just a tired cliche tbh

im sure there are many examples of teams who have been in a decent position, won a trophy(or two) and then never went on to bigger and better things (could probably point to several times in our own history where that has been the case)

i think thats just a tired cliche tbh

im sure there are many examples of teams who have been in a decent position, won a trophy(or two) and then never went on to bigger and better things (could probably point to several times in our own history where that has been the case)

I do agree to a point that is true, but we have been a decent team for a few years now and we have the basis to get even better, at other times we have won a couple of things and as you say not carried that forward. But i think that most fans would say that over the last ten years or so we have grown into a very good side so i do not see us slipping away from that. In fact i believe that winning a trophy now would improve out progress even further.

I do agree to a point that is true, but we have been a decent team for a few years now and we have the basis to get even better, at other times we have won a couple of things and as you say not carried that forward. But i think that most fans would say that over the last ten years or so we have grown into a very good side so i do not see us slipping away from that. In fact i believe that winning a trophy now would improve out progress even further.

I do totally get where you are coming from with this. I would love to see us win something again. I am lucky enough to have been supporting Spurs during our great cup successes of the 80s and it is such a fantastic feeling to see our captain lifting a cup. There is nothing like it.
But.....
I also get the conundrum faced by the club. We have to make top 4 and CL our aim. As others have said, this guarantees us the revenues we need to grow as a club - and will allow us to keep our decent players and attract new high calibre players for whom CL football is a massive draw. Once we have a few seasons with CL as an established pattern we will be more likely to win silverware - and the odd season where we drop down a place might not be too detrimental to our squad as it will be a slip, a glitch, rather than the norm.
That does not mean I am happy when we get knocked out of a cup. Far from it. I want to have my cake and eat it.
But I can understand why the club's priorities are what they are.
And to anyone who calls out Poch for not caring about the domestic cups (or EL last season) - that may well be the case but our approach and priorities will have been agreed with - and probably directed by - Daniel Levy. Poch will have his performance targets set for him in the same way as management (and employees generally) in any industry.
The quicker we are established as a CL regular, the more chance we have of winning silverware.

Regardless, I'm sure Kevin would love to win a trophy. :)

Big Kev not doing great for that Ireland goal.

Also appears to have some kind of marauding left wing back defender role with no idea how to actually play it.

An og last time out at left back for Austria and now that fudge up.
He's no left back.

Watched the entire game. Austria are a mess.

Still annoyed he got done by the refs. Had Wimmer not headed that og ball, it would have been called offside. Totally against the laws of the game - which refs seem to not be interpreting correctly.

Last edited:
Big Kev not doing great for that Ireland goal.

Also appears to have some kind of marauding left wing back defender role with no idea how to actually play it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes - he's not a left-back. I feel sorry for the guy - he was a supremely good CB last season who now finds it difficult to start at Spurs and is apparently played out of position with his national team. Talk about no reward for good work. :(

Back