• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

The guy looks like a winner and the way he has stepped in for Jan ( who is a top class CB) has been excellent.

Good game last night, another under the radar player re performances and coverage
Agree. When a centre half is not getting much coverage it's often because they have done their job competently and dealt with any potentially threatening situations before they come to fruition. He is proving a worthy deputy for Jan.
There was a rendition of "Super Kev....Super Kevin Wimmer" last night, so the fans' appreciation is showing.

If he can slot in beside Jan as well as he has with Toby then we have a seriously good defence with great rotation options

If he can slot in beside Jan as well as he has with Toby then we have a seriously good defence with great rotation options

Possible, but unlikely given that they are both left-footed.
I've seen good CB partnerships where the two CBs are BOTH right-footed, but i am yet to see a partnership where BOTH are left-footed, strangely...

Possible, but unlikely given that they are both left-footed.
I've seen good CB partnerships where the two CBs are BOTH right-footed, but i am yet to see a partnership where BOTH are left-footed, strangely...

As a true left footer myself I find that strange. Plenty of right footers I've played with have struggled to come to terms playing to my left foot. But surely two left footers together should work.

Statistically only around one in five players are left-footed, due to the sheer weight in numbers a left-footed CB won't have had to play as the right-sided CB much during their career so have little to no experience playing there, it's more about angles and positioning rather than what foot they pass off. Right-footers on the other hand will generally have had to play on the left a fair bit during their careers so are comfortable playing there.

In my experience the right footer struggles with his wrong foot more than a leftie. Also, again in my experience, a lot of right sided people struggle when they see someone do something left sided.

Yes, Mason didn't follow Ramsey's run from deep. Toby was pulled out wider by Giroud, suddenly Ramsey was through to score, until WIMMER WHAMMO

Lads and lasses, I cannot believe that no-one has given some love to Wimmer for the potentially point-saving, Ledley-esque tackle on Saturday. For an inexperienced lad with hardly any Premier League experience that deep in to the game it was incredible.

It was a Class act from a player who has proven to be more than just an able deputy. He also sees to be 100% made of the right mentality for the team

Maybe they comments I read a bit him being the best centre back in training were true (comments were that Poch wouldn't change a perfect pairing for the sake of it)

Anyon else feel he could do with losing a few pounds, similar to what appeared to happen to Dembele last summer?

Lads and lasses, I cannot believe that no-one has given some love to Wimmer for the potentially point-saving, Ledley-esque tackle on Saturday. For an inexperienced lad with hardly any Premier League experience that deep in to the game it was incredible.
Also it was his intelligently-flighted long ball down the left flank that Dele Alli backheeled through Mertesacker's legs to set up Kane for our second, so an assist to the assist.

Impressive game all round.

Anyon else feel he could do with losing a few pounds, similar to what appeared to happen to Dembele last summer?
Really? Given the double sessions and strict diet, could it be that's just his natural body shape?

Big boned?

andy-reid-of-tottenham-hotspur-celebrates-scoring-their-fourth-goal-picture-id52742854

In my experience the right footer struggles with his wrong foot more than a leftie. Also, again in my experience, a lot of right sided people struggle when they see someone do something left sided.

I found the opposite when I played, lots of right footed players were forced to play on the left and adapted whereas a leftie never played on the right.

Back