• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

It's my view that at the very least, Rose and Wimmer should've figured out who was marking Iheanacho, but in the end I'm not sure if Toby and Kevin should've both been marking Aguero when someone was making a central run into the box.
Of course, I thought he was solid throughout the match and he's not going to avoid making any mistakes in his career. Very pleased with his performances so far.

I think the main problem was that Dembele was ball watching and he allowed the player to run in behind him.

As said above, I hold Dembele accountable for that one as he should've gone with Iheanacho or at least looked to close off that area.

As said above, I hold Dembele accountable for that one as he should've gone with Iheanacho or at least looked to close off that area.

Yes. He looked like he gave up on tracking Iheanacho's run. Which gave Iheanacho the freedom to find space and take the shot. Rose tries to rush in to help cover, but his slide just isn't enough.

I think the main problem was that Dembele was ball watching and he allowed the player to run in behind him.

Dembele or Dier really should be dropping into that area in that situation in deed.

Also thought our midfield was too slow getting to Clichy and left Silva a bit too alone. Meant Walker had to be the one putting pressure on Clichy and him and Silva could play a good one-two that unfortunately caught Walker out. If Carroll/Eriksen/someone is the one putting pressure on Clichy instead the situation never happens.

Absolutely no blame to Wimmer for me.

Yes. He looked like he gave up on tracking Iheanacho's run. Which gave Iheanacho the freedom to find space and take the shot. Rose tries to rush in to help cover, but his slide just isn't enough.

I agree, and felt it was because he was knackered! But it amplifies another brilliant sub by Poch. I think Mousa had run out of gas the last 20 mins due to the tussles with Yaya Toure, but he gambled on the two of them occupying each other for 20 mins more in some fashion and Mousa still having more in his tank than birthday cake boy had in his. I might be thinking not this too much, but I thought it at the time.

Really solid again last night, very impressive player, plays as though he has a lot more experience that he really has.

No nonsense tackler when he needs to be, knows when to commit a foul if thats what is required but also cultured on the ball, good under pressure, good passer.

Gets better with every game.

Really solid again last night, very impressive player, plays as though he has a lot more experience that he really has.

No nonsense tackler when he needs to be, knows when to commit a foul if thats what is required but also cultured on the ball, good under pressure, good passer.

Gets better with every game.

Chicken dinner is looking a beast but has a really sweet pass in his locker.
Think he looks better next to Toby but I suppose when he is with Dier , it's just two youngsters so cannot expect to much.

Chicken dinner is looking a beast but has a really sweet pass in his locker.
Think he looks better next to Toby but I suppose when he is with Dier , it's just two youngsters so cannot expect to much.

Yeah i dont think we can underestimate how much it helps him being alongside Alder.

I think a player with so little experience in the English game to come in and make a few mistakes and look out of his depth is to be expected. Look at Mangala, Otamendi, Gabriel and others who have looked shaky. This guy has done better and what ever method was sued to scout him has paid divdiends up till now.

I think a player with so little experience in the English game to come in and make a few mistakes and look out of his depth is to be expected. Look at Mangala, Otamendi, Gabriel and others who have looked shaky. This guy has done better and what ever method was sued to scout him has paid divdiends up till now.

Totally agree, I was worried that his lack of game time and experience in British football might be an initial problem, but he seems to have hit the ground running, as you say the scouting was first class. I hope you can find an other couple of gems.

Totally agree, I was worried that his lack of game time and experience in British football might be an initial problem, but he seems to have hit the ground running, as you say the scouting was first class. I hope you can find an other couple of gems.

£4M ...boom

I mean that's 2 Wimmers for 1 Caulker

Back