• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kelvin Mackenzie: the textbook definition of a clam!

To be fair I wasn't saying what he wrote was racist, I was just saying he is the textbook definition of a clam! I had no idea about Ross Barkley 's grandfather either!

To be fair I wasn't saying what he wrote was racist, I was just saying he is the textbook definition of a clam! I had no idea about Ross Barkley 's grandfather either!
He's absolutely a clam, but between him and someone from Liverpool he's almost certainly the lesser clam.

I read something a while ago about him having an office on the Directors floor rather than with the other hacks and that tinkling off a load of his colleagues

Should he have known Barkley's heritage? I didn't.

So taking the emotion out and returning to facts, Mackenzie has called Barkley thick (not something I imagine he'd struggle to back up if required) and suggested that there are lots of criminals and joblessness in Liverpool (again, something readily provable if required).

Just because something upsets people from Liverpool it doesn't make it wrong. In fact, there are few things that don't upset people from Liverpool.

Gorilla? He writes for right wing rag, that in itself is grounds to be described as the clamiest clam in all clamdom.

The Mirror knew because the "journalist" was specifically writing an article based on pointless facts about Barkley. He was intentionally finding out things that most people don't know.

If a journalist was writing an article about Michael Dawson, should they check to see if he has any Fijian ancestry? We've all called Martin Keown a Neandethal-looking clam before - should we genetically test him to make sure he's 100% Homo sapien?

I don't really follow the parallel you're trying to make.

A journo and publication are trying the "I didn't know guv, honest" routine about a fact that had been reported by their competitor and had been in the public domain for 4 years.

If a Joe Schmoe on a forum like me knew then it's entirely reasonable to expect him and them to know.

I knew of Barkley's heritage, it wasn't something I looked it, I just...knew for some reason.

Whether or not this taco was being covertly racist or not (he's got form), he was the editor of that rag when they released the lies about Hillsborough. So he absolutely knew what he was doing when writing this article. Sadly, he'll be suspended but fudge all else will happen and he'll carry on pretending to be a journalist to platform his backward views.

By the way, his roll-call of previous employment is pretty 'impressive'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie#After_editing_The_Sun

I knew of Barkley's heritage, it wasn't something I looked it, I just...knew for some reason.

Whether or not this taco was being covertly racist or not (he's got form), he was the editor of that rag when they released the lies about Hillsborough. So he absolutely knew what he was doing when writing this article. Sadly, he'll be suspended but fudge all else will happen and he'll carry on pretending to be a journalist to platform his backward views.

By the way, his roll-call of previous employment is pretty 'impressive'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie#After_editing_The_Sun

I agree.

He'll probably end up leaving News International because he's yesterday's mam and they want him off the pay bill but he'll get picked up by the Mail or some other bricky rag quick enough.

Fortunately for him the media is rife with nepotism and once you're an insider you're made. Someone will hire him, he always saw himself as a guy with big balls and thought his ideas are best, so and criticism of him will be pointless as he's infallible.

If the Mirror knew in 2013 then it's not unreasonable to think that other publications and journalists should know.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mi...s/evertons-ross-barkley-ten-facts-2956132.amp

I knew, via a poster here. I haven't looked, but I'd bet it's on wiki too, and any other number of online outlets.

MacKenzie should have measured twice and cut once.

Just read the article.

When a footballer claims Nile Ranger is the best footballer he's ever played against, you would start to think he's not the sharpest tool in the box

Just read the article.

When a footballer claims Nile Ranger is the best footballer he's ever played against, you would start to think he's not the sharpest tool in the box

It about context, as a teenager I played with a boy who went on to play for England and he wasn't the best player in our team.

Some sense spoken at last.
It still goes back to the events of 1989 and they will do anything, even decent articles and truthful ones, to twist it and make it appear like they've been picked on.
How long will we have to put up with this hillsborough episode, whilst the Bradford fire is rarely mentioned.

It was the mayor of Liverpool who made the complaint not Barkley and I'm sure when he plays against Liverpool, he probably gets the same comments levelled at him as those mentioned in the Sun.
#hypocrotical

What utter gonad*s!

Number one, MacKenzie should do his fudging homework and learn that gorillas are very, very smart animals with more obvious sentience and emotional intelligence than the prick himself. Secondly Scara, yes, know something about the player you're slagging. Thirdly, don't use one incident in nightclub as an excuse to dive back into draconian slurs about the region. And fourth, no it wasn't simply fudging 'banter' (something I enjoy in the right moments) it was far far beyond that. It was deeply insulting to the area.

I know we have several anti-scousers and, indeed, anti-northerners on here.I'm not 'PC' about it, I enjoy a bit of banter at game-time, I enjoy a good sing-song, but it ends there. If you want to take it through your lives as some sort of gospel, then as you wish.

I don't. I like both regions, I think Mackenzie is a massive, massive terwatt, and I hope he gets sacked again.

p.s. discussion of whether he is 'thick' or not become moot. Who knows? Who cares? The Nile Ranger comment? Who's to say he wasn't engaging in a witty wind-up? Maybe he is incredibly dry-witted! Point is, we don't know. Do I believe footballers should be out and about in clubs during the season? Not at my club I hope, but again, the manager is charge so whatever he says goes.

Last edited:
What utter gonads!

Number one, MacKenzie should do his fudging homework and learn that gorillas are very, very smart animals with more obvious sentience and emotional intelligence than the prick himself. Secondly Scara, yes, know something about the player you're slagging. Thirdly, don't use one incident in nightclub as an excuse to dive back into draconian slurs about the region. And fourth, no it wasn't simply fudging 'banter' (something I enjoy in the right moments) it was far far beyond that. It was deeply insulting to the area.

I know we have several anti-scousers and, indeed, anti-northerners on here.I'm not 'PC' about it, I enjoy a bit of banter at game-time, I enjoy a good sing-song, but it ends there. If you want to take it through your lives as some sort of gospel, then as you wish.

I don't. I like both regions, I think Mackenzie is a massive, massive terwatt, and I hope he gets sacked again.

p.s. discussion of whether he is 'thick' or not become moot. Who knows? Who cares? The Nile Ranger comment? Who's to say he wasn't engaging in a witty wind-up? Maybe he is incredibly dry-witted! Point is, we don't know. Do I believe footballers should be out and about in clubs during the season? Not at my club I hope, but again, the manager is charge so whatever he says goes.

I don't think the article was intended to create a racial slur, perhaps his use of a few words can lead to some misapprehension by a few people.

However, I have a question and a hypothetical one ... if Hillsborough never happened would you and others view this article in a different light? Insofar, as we would be judging this article alone and not have any preconceived notions

I don't think the article was intended to create a racial slur, perhaps his use of a few words can lead to some misapprehension by a few people.

However, I have a question and a hypothetical one ... if Hillsborough never happened would you and others view this article in a different light? Insofar, as we would be judging this article alone and not have any preconceived notions
What's this you're talking about?

Did something bad once happen to Liverpool fans? I wish they'd say something about it so we all know.

It is a good question, but I can tell you I would not. It would remain the same, fecal-encrusted garbage from someone who hasn't got a scooby IMO.
I can perhaps find a way to accept that Mackenzie did not know of Barkley's family tree, even there as I stated, his wildly ignorant assertion of gorillas as 'thick' is both egregious and in itself stupid.
Pathetic stereotyping beyond the boundaries of 'banter'? Absolutely.

1213.jpg

Back