• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

He would benefit from playing regularly, and that ain't gonna happen with us.

Whether that'll happen at Villa, and whether it'll be the right kind of playing time will tell.

If it happens.

Oh ho. Not too sure this is such good news where Josh's Tottenham career is concerned.

He's had a number of opportunities at Spurs but never really taken them. Yes he was outstanding for England U20s but in a way, that's the point.

Remember having such high hopes for Pritchard but despite him impressing for Brentford Poch had other ideas.

Sincerely hope Josh proves me wrong.

Oh ho. Not too sure this is such good news where Josh's Tottenham career is concerned.

He's had a number of opportunities at Spurs but never really taken them. Yes he was outstanding for England U20s but in a way, that's the point.

Remember having such high hopes for Pritchard but despite him impressing for Brentford Poch had other ideas.

Sincerely hope Josh proves me wrong.

He has had zero opportunities in his favourite position for the first team though

He has had zero opportunities in his favourite position for the first team though

The thing is though, you're not going to be picked in CM in a PL games when you generally just saunter around the pitch. Winks got trusted by Poch in CM whereas Onomah didnt...yet Winks is much smaller than Onomah. Why? None of us definitely know at all however one difference between the two is that whilst Winks is still a creative player, he works his nuts off despite being the size of a 12 year old. Onomah doesn't. The simple addition of aggressively closing people down, albeit in his least favourite position, might have earned him that opportunity

The thing is though, you're not going to be picked in CM in a PL games when you generally just saunter around the pitch. Winks got trusted by Poch in CM whereas Onomah didnt...yet Winks is much smaller than Onomah. Why? None of us definitely know at all however one difference between the two is that whilst Winks is still a creative player, he works his nuts off despite being the size of a 12 year old. Onomah doesn't. The simple addition of aggressively closing people down, albeit in his least favourite position, might have earned him that opportunity
I think it is a fallacy that Onomah just saunters around the pitch. He has quite a languid running style that can give the misimpression that he is lazy.

I think it is a fallacy that Onomah just saunters around the pitch. He has quite a languid running style that can give the misimpression that he is lazy.

Why do you think that Winks has been given the chance in CM but Onomah hasnt? (genuine question, rather than being argumentative!)

Why do you think that Winks has been given the chance in CM but Onomah hasnt? (genuine question, rather than being argumentative!)

Maybe because winks hasn't got the flexibility to play anywhere else? That's not a dig at winks who I rate highly but he doesn't strike me as a player who can play wide for example

You could argue that onomah has the tools but clearly isn't comfortable playing wide. Watching Onomah at the World Cup he stood out for me and was IMO the best player I saw there.

For any of you who think allowing him to go on loan means anything other than Sissoko gets more time on the bench, you are sorely mistaken.

Winks is more than a year older than Onomah and also incredibly composed for his age (or for any player). Onomah will come into his own when he becomes a bit physically stronger, like Kane suddenly did.

Good deal for all parties, and hopefully means some incomings are imminent

If true, it means is Spurs career is over. So hopefully not true.

Going to a crap club with a pie and chips manager would really be a bad sign. If he was going to Forest to work with Warburton or something I'd maybe hold out some hope.

Last edited:

Do you honestly think Onamah is lazy and that's why he isn't playing? Really?

I think it's pretty clear he has Winks and Dembele ahead of him for the role he would be best in. His choice is either play further forward, which just isn't his role, or go out on loan, or stay at Spurs and never really play, and when he does play, he's further forward.

Back