• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

To be honest I'd always prefer it if a player represents the country of birth. It's that country that gave the player the chance.

Choosing for England will only benefit him and spurs.

Sometimes what you "feel" is more important than where you are born. If he were born in England but he had a very strong link to Nigeria, i.e. visited regularly and felt connected culturally maybe his decision would be different

I have a Nigerian passport and a British passport and if England play Nigeria I will support Nigeria every single time

Sometimes what you "feel" is more important than where you are born. If he were born in England but he had a very strong link to Nigeria, i.e. visited regularly and felt connected culturally maybe his decision would be different

I have a Nigerian passport and a British passport and if England play Nigeria I will support Nigeria every single time

Exactly - case in point - Alex Iwobi.

His uncle would not have had it any other way :D

Whose his uncle?

And I say to be a dual national you should carry both passports but also not change your nationality when you realise you can't get a Game with the better nationality

I live in a town full of Italian 2nd and 3rd generations. I had a big argument with a friend around supporting Italy at football but the GB team for the olympics. That to me chasing the winners rather than following your chosen country

Can't criticise your thoughts and many do. Just my humble opinion of staying loyal to the country that nurtured you and the family. I feel closer to the country of my parents but i fully respect what we have here and we still are lucky even behind all of the politics.

Great video here for those who didn't watch England in the World Cup (like me):

Sounds like a lazy comparison, but he really does look to have a very similar playing style to Dembele. And looks impressive (and this is one of those videos that shows lots of moments in a single match, not just goals / assists / skills across a season).

I hope to see him get some opportunities in central midfield this season, which based on this video (and the opinions of many who've seen him in the youth team) he does look a lot more suited to.

Great video here for those who didn't watch England in the World Cup (like me):

Sounds like a lazy comparison, but he really does look to have a very similar playing style to Dembele. And looks impressive (and this is one of those videos that shows lots of moments in a single match, not just goals / assists / skills across a season).

I hope to see him get some opportunities in central midfield this season, which based on this video (and the opinions of many who've seen him in the youth team) he does look a lot more suited to.
Seems more head up than Dembele. Not as impressive physically at this point at least. Bit Carrick-esque, but more drive with the ball.

If he wasn't already with us I would have been delighted if we signed him for £15-20m.

How many assists could he have had against South Korea if his team mates were not so brick at shooting?

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/tott...m-first-team-spot-after-u20-world-cup-success

Nothing you wouldn't expect in the above article but it does beg a very big question, Can Onomah really make this his breakthrough season?

We already know from the key part he played in helping England land the Under 20s World Cup that he has practically ALL the tools, but from there to the PL is still a big step up. Especially at Tottenham where even now he will still have to go some to get any sort of a look-in.

But he has been on the fringe long enough so you feel that for him the clock is really starting to tick. The time has come for him to make this his breakthrough season, at least as far as his Tottenham future is concerned.

The beauty of it is, if he CAN finally establish himself by the end of this season as an important part of our first team squad then we will once again be able to celebrate not just another one of our own but also another Poch protege who has come through our academy and made it right through to the very top.

Go Josh, we know you have it in you!!

He's only recently turned 20. He's a year group below Winks.

I wouldn't worry that he's been on the fringe for a while. I think he's nicely poised.

He's only recently turned 20. He's a year group below Winks.

I wouldn't worry that he's been on the fringe for a while. I think he's nicely poised.
I think it's easy to forget that because he has had cameos for two seasons now.
If you had asked me I would have said he was 22.

I suspect Winks will rotate with Dembele most with Onomah doing the same to a lesser extent. Almost like Winks' understudy (rather than back up)

Dembele's just called him one of the best players in his age group in Europe.

I agree - sort of 5th choice CM (behind Wanyama, Dier, Dembele and Winks) perhaps starting in cups + lots of 20 minute cameos in the league at AM

Dembele's just called him one of the best players in his age group in Europe.

I agree - sort of 5th choice CM (behind Wanyama, Dier, Dembele and Winks) perhaps starting in cups + lots of 20 minute cameos in the league at AM
Dembele knows about Onomah's ability, but do you really think he's aware of all the best U21 talents in Europe?

Dembele knows about Onomah's ability, but do you really think he's aware of all the best U21 talents in Europe?

Dembele is just saying he was one of the best performers in his England group, which won the WC in their group. It's not a stretch to say Josh is clearly a talent for that reason.

Back