• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

So, you were looking at how two of our academy graduates were talking to each other before a match and wondering whether they ever get the bus, hoover, cook or clean?

More wondering if they lead a normal life outside football or are they chauffeured around etc.
I think we have to be careful we dont sanitise life too much from the young men or they will/may miss out on the very things which gives us drive and ambition.

Actually I don't many know too many 19 year olds that do any of that. Footballers or not.

I'll hazard a guess none of academy recruits could do more than beans on toast, but to be honest why would they? I wouldn't if I had their money. These kids are already on a different path than you or I and have been for many years. If they have good people around them to keep them grounded all the better but it is not a prerequisite to being a good footballer. They will all likelihood be millionaires before they hang up their boots. Their hard knocks will come as their career dips for whatever reason.

This is problem. How do you motivate these millionaires on a wet night at Stoke (poor old Stoke)?
Dele gives me 'the impression' he is an exception, he has a twinkle in eye that he wants more.....Probably at Real :( (nah good luck to him).
Dele has an edge, so has Lamela if think about it.:)

More wondering if they lead a normal life outside football or are they chauffeured around etc.
I think we have to be careful we dont sanitise life too much from the young men or they will/may miss out on the very things which gives us drive and ambition.

So again, if we had won on Tuesday, would you still have gone back to thinking about these things you initially thought when watching them talk before the match?

So again, if we had won on Tuesday, would you still have gone back to thinking about these things you initially thought when watching them talk before the match?

Nothing to do with anything other than the academy effect on up and coming players/young men.
I'm not sure it is ideal for young men, simular to my life at boarding school until the kicked me out at 19.....oh they were happy days.
But far too comfortable.

Nothing to do with anything other than the academy effect on up and coming players/young men.
I'm not sure it is ideal for young men, simular to my life at boarding school until the kicked me out at 19.....oh they were happy days.
But far too comfortable.

Did you look at the Liverpool youngsters - before or after the game - and wonder if they are too mollycoddled by their academy?

Did you look at the Liverpool youngsters - before or after the game - and wonder if they are too mollycoddled by their academy?

All players in all the top academies - obviously I care more about Spurs.
It's a subject that intrigues me and I think it can cause motivational issues.

I think we suffer from this at the moment when you look at the England team at tournaments.

I think we suffer from this at the moment when you look at the England team at tournaments.

As a general point, i think this is fair enough.

You would have got more kudos from me for it if you posted it in another thread (such as the England one, or any that discuss football finances etc).

Looked a bit knee-jerk when you brought it up after a loss against another PL team in a cup game when both sides rotated

Cvxg-QCWgAAghcg.jpg
Josh trying really hard not to laugh at those shoes.

As a general point, i think this is fair enough.

You would have got more kudos from me for it if you posted it in another thread (such as the England one, or any that discuss football finances etc).

Looked a bit knee-jerk when you brought it up after a loss against another PL team in a cup game when both sides rotated

I don't think I was happy about losing to bloody Liverpool but knee-jerk, hope not!

Well i know what a bus is but what are these other things Hoover? Cook? Clean. ;)

Do want no something funny - last time I was on a bus was in Florida and before that 1965ish a No9 from Mortlake.
As for the rest, I play the blue badge :cool: as my Mrs tells me regularly :eek:

Do want no something funny - last time I was on a bus was in Florida and before that 1965ish a No9 from Mortlake.
As for the rest, I play the blue badge :cool: as my Mrs tells me regularly :eek:

Do you know that is probably the last time i was on one as well, i hate queueing for anything to be honest and the old lady will not let me do that anymore after causing a riot in a post office a few years ago.

The answer to that is that if they lack motivation won't make it. There are definitely challenges in managing young players on thousands a week and loads of managers have spoken about this. I think that it is one of the reasons why their are less shouty managers these days. I think that it is one of the reasons why we pay our players comparatively little but reward them with new contracts if they perform.

Nothing to do with anything other than the academy effect on up and .

To be honest mate there is nothing new in this, i was involved with a few academys going back to the early 90's and there was a few youngsters started to think they were Billy big gonad*s even then ( not saying this is happening at Spurs now).

What happens to these kids is understandable in some cases, lets remember these kids have in most cases been the stars at school and feted by their class mates and in some cases get away with murder with teachers. They play for the schools, their counties and then go and represent their countries at a very earl age ( under 14/15 etc). Its no wonder they get a feeling they are special, some times they take it to far and never progress like they should when they get involved with Pro clubs.

There was one kid who was at a East Anglia club who was special in that he could play anywhere and was good at them all, however he thought he was to good to do what the coaches were asking him to do and because of that he was let go. He did go on and play pro football but at a much lower level then his talent should have taken him. It happens.

Back