• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Think Dembele was absolutely key to everything good about our team in its pomp, but I know that view is not shared by many on here so expecting to get pelters !
I don’t think youll get many who disagree to be honest
But there is also a lot of revisionism around selling him last jan having an impact on the team

Last edited:
I don’t think you get meant disagree to be honest
But there is also a lot of revisionism around selling him last jan having an impact on the team
Oh I was happy he left and that we got good money for him, he’d said himself he couldn’t cope anymore with the training let alone the games. You could see he wasn’t the same player anymore and constantly had niggles.

vital to the good Poch teams though.

Think Dembele was absolutely key to everything good about our team in its pomp, but I know that view is not shared by many on here so expecting to get pelters !

There's truth in that, I would add Wanyama. That's one hell of a hole in the middle of the park. One I think others have struggled to fill.

Oh I was happy he left and that we got good money for him, he’d said himself he couldn’t cope anymore with the training let alone the games. You could see he wasn’t the same player anymore and constantly had niggles.

vital to the good Poch teams though.

It was the right time for him to go, we just never replaced him.
I can't blame anyone for that because like Eriksen he had a pretty unique skill set.

Every time we fudge up I just think to myself, this wouldn't happen if Dembele was playing.

He carried so many responsibilities it's ridiculous.

Take the ball from defence and bypass the press? Check
Draw in opposition to leave other players free? Check
Kick someone if they tried to break? Check
Out muscle a player with or without the ball? Check

Ndombele highlights it even more. He's Moose without the big dinosaur gonad*s. If he can just man up and learn to play both ways our whole midfield would change.

Would not be surprised to see us snap up Matic, especially on a free. The defence is brick and the mistakes are killing us (74%) of goals is it? We have to stop the ball getting that far up the pitch until that's fixed permanently. One DM being cheaper than two FB's and a CB. Saying that I don't think Aurier is going to be sold anytime soon.

Every time we fudge up I just think to myself, this wouldn't happen if Dembele was playing.

He carried so many responsibilities it's ridiculous.

Take the ball from defence and bypass the press? Check
Draw in opposition to leave other players free? Check
Kick someone if they tried to break? Check
Out muscle a player with or without the ball? Check

Ndombele highlights it even more. He's Moose without the big dinosaur gonad*s. If he can just man up and learn to play both ways our whole midfield would change.

Would not be surprised to see us snap up Matic, especially on a free. The defence is brick and the mistakes are killing us (74%) of goals is it? We have to stop the ball getting that far up the pitch until that's fixed permanently. One DM being cheaper than two FB's and a CB. Saying that I don't think Aurier is going to be sold anytime soon.
The defence would still be brick
They only had 4 shots on target yesterday
Nothing to do with midfield when your defence can’t do the basics

Along with xG I see zero point in possession stats. If you win with a higher xG and greater possession stats than the opposition they tell you nothing you needed to know. And if you lose despite those sort of stats then by definition they tell you even less.

The most useless stat in football ( and they are a lot of them). As for Jose we will have to be patient and see what happens over the summer, the team is so full of players who make mistakes and keep doing the same in nearly every game. Said when he came in that he has a massive job to do and it will not be done overnight.

what if mourinho is supposed to fulfil the legacy that poch could not - our own ferguson/wenger?
from what i've seen levy is in for the looooonnngggg game. i would not be surprised if levy's got his back for this season and the next. after all, to begin with ....why would mourinho agree to join spurs? to fix his damaged reputation some say... but if waited long enough an easier job would have turned up in time.

Because his wife is settled in London and she rules the roost.

He wasn’t that bad today
Their goals came from attacking us wide (shock horror)
Their second goal was caused by Traore running straight through the middle.... I think that goal was a direct result of us having no central midfielder capable of defending. Winks ridiculously goes pressing the opposition's number 8, leaving a HUGE space for Traore to receive the ball in centrally. If Spurs have even a half decent defensive midfield player then Traore is covered and that goal can't be scored. Tanganga tries to do the right thing and foul Traore but isn't strong enough (he should've made sure but was probably surprised at how strong Traore was).

I think the third goal also had nothing to do with the full backs, Wolves end up 3 on 3 centrally, Jotta runs towards the middle with Dier and Sanchez trying to cover him and Traore, unfortunately though Tanganga's positioning is terrible leaving far too much space for Jiminez behind him, leaving Jotta with a simple pass to give Jiminez the ball on the edge of our box already with a clear sight of goal.

They had 14 shots to our 13.
We were at home. They let us have the ball in non dangerous areas for huge periods.
Sanchez and Winks completed 80+ passes.
Lucas and Bergwijn completed 24 passes each.
The key is that on a number of occasions Wolves were running at us in the last third with 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. I don't think we had any of those sorts of situations ourselves in the game?

View attachment 8293

The above stats show who was making those passes in the dangerous areas that you said they let us play..
They're only dangerous areas if they aren't being played goal side of the opposition. We passed the ball a lot, but typically always with the opposition goal side of us, I don't really remember us looking threatening other than the two moments of quality from Aurier and the Dele's header.

I'm not saying we will and I hope that we do not.

Just saying that if that is what we end up doing, hiring Mourinho is a pretty pointless venture imo. Now we've hired Mourinho, we need to show ambition on the pitch and not just off it.

We also need to make sure of course that we're not just spending money for the sake of it. It needs to be spent well, the way Liverpool have recently, the way Dortmund do etc. Barcelona have spent a lot of money recently on absolute wastes of space and we've done the same on a smaller scale.

If Campos really is coming in for example, I hope its soon/ we've already made contact because I can't help but feel its slightly pointless for him to come in on the 1st day of the window.
I think I read the other day that Man Utd were now looking to bring Campos in.... Let's see if we can attract him ahead of them.

Great Post, its really difficult to tell how we got to the heights we did.
We had two stand out players at or approaching their peak (Harry and eriksen) and the rest were at least one level down.
But as a collective we had something, a team, a spirit, a common cause, or whatever it was that happened, gained momentum and took us places.
Unfortunately we couldn't cash in on it and sometime over the festive period of last year it broke.
And hiow do you fix something that you never fully understood to begin with.

We've had our moment in the sun, it's time to return to the spurs we know and love.
Its typical of spurs that our than some great memories we have nothing to show for it. On the field at least.
At the time we also had perhaps the two best central defenders in the league, the best midfield destroyer in the league and probably the two best full backs for being able to both attack and defend.

At the time we also had perhaps the two best central defenders in the league, the best midfield destroyer in the league and probably the two best full backs for being able to both attack and defend.

Exactly this. As well as a core of young, hungry English players willing and able to put up with double training sessions. Walker, Trips, Rose, Dier, Dele and Kane. A pretty unique set of circumstances that Poch just lucked out on. I am not saying he didn't improve them or mould them into a really good team, but I think he (and we) will find it almost impossible to replicate those virtually unique confluence of circumstances.

Edit - not dissimilar to the United class of 99 all coming through together. Ferguson managed to identify (and buy) the missing piece in the jigsaw (Cantana). However, we really failed to bring in that one stellar signing that could have got us over the line in the biggest games.

As someone said, we had our moment in the sun, now, unfortuately it is going to be one long slog to get back to anywhere near that level - with our without Mourinho.

By the way, with 6 first teamers injured (Lloris, Kane, Son, Lamela, Sessegnon and Sissoko) two players "broken" (Wanyama and Dier) one clearly not able to play more than 20 minutes (NDombele) and the only striker we have deemed "not ready" (Parrott), Mourinho's options were extremely limited yesterday. I think he did as well as could be expected - and without our traditional defensive muck-ups, we could have even eked out a win against all these odds.

Last edited:
Their second goal was caused by Traore running straight through the middle.... I think that goal was a direct result of us having no central midfielder capable of defending. Winks ridiculously goes pressing the opposition's number 8, leaving a HUGE space for Traore to receive the ball in centrally. If Spurs have even a half decent defensive midfield player then Traore is covered and that goal can't be scored. Tanganga tries to do the right thing and foul Traore but isn't strong enough (he should've made sure but was probably surprised at how strong Traore was).

I think the third goal also had nothing to do with the full backs, Wolves end up 3 on 3 centrally, Jotta runs towards the middle with Dier and Sanchez trying to cover him and Traore, unfortunately though Tanganga's positioning is terrible leaving far too much space for Jiminez behind him, leaving Jotta with a simple pass to give Jiminez the ball on the edge of our box already with a clear sight of goal.
The third Aurier should have taken him out
I’d have to see the earlier goal again to see what winks does but do me it was like the first goal in that a CB goes way out of position and gets caught out. Traore was his old self yesterday with poor touches and passes so to me you could have left him...

Who was wolves DM?

They're only dangerous areas if they aren't being played goal side of the opposition. We passed the ball a lot, but typically always with the opposition goal side of us, I don't really remember us looking threatening other than the two moments of quality from Aurier and the Dele's header.

Yeah I agree. They say there and waited to counter
The game was played over a very small spread of the pitch. The lad I say next two couldn’t believe it when I showed him how the wait and wait and try the counter

the “pressure” we put on was quite blunt as for some reason after 60 minutes no one gambled to get in the area

Back