• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Yes we do agree.
There is obviously something that happened behind the scenes we don't know about because the whole situation is bizarre.
A relationship or dynamic broke somewhere.
Either with poch and a section of the squad, or in the squad itself or with poch and Levy.
I don't blame Levy for sacking poch, it's not what I would have done but hey ho, now we need to get on with it.
Surely it was all about Poch trying to find that winning formulae without having changed much in the way of personel?

even Fergie used to change coached periodically if he hadn’t had a big churn of players

Surely it was all about Poch trying to find that winning formulae without having changed much in the way of personel?

even Fergie used to change coached periodically if he hadn’t had a big churn of players

I honestly don't know.
I take everything any manager says in public with a pinch of salt, and poch more than any other.
He deliberately in my opinion said things that were open to interpretation.
Was the be brave about not spending or spending?

I honestly don't know.
I take everything any manager says in public with a pinch of salt, and poch more than any other.
No idea
But he deffo played games

Either way, what the fcuk is Ndombele’s problem. He was apparently the best midfielder in the french league the season before we got him. He looks out his depth.

Yes we do agree.
There is obviously something that happened behind the scenes we don't know about because the whole situation is bizarre.
A relationship or dynamic broke somewhere.
Either with poch and a section of the squad, or in the squad itself or with poch and Levy.
I don't blame Levy for sacking poch, it's not what I would have done but hey ho, now we need to get on with it.

I think we agree on pretty much all points. For me, Levy took Poch for granted. He did not listen to the warnings and they came true. Poch could've been stronger/more of an arsehole perhaps, but truth be told, he is not that guy right now and I think emotion prevented him from leaving in the summer.

Levy is who he is, there is a ton of good but also some bad. I believe it hurt him deeply to sack Poch. I wish he'd paid heed earlier. I also hope he has learnt his lessons but I remain unconvinced. Mourinho needs backing or he will be offski.

I think we agree on pretty much all points. For me, Levy took Poch for granted. He did not listen to the warnings and they came true. Poch could've been stronger/more of an ******** perhaps, but truth be told, he is not that guy right now and I think emotion prevented him from leaving in the summer.

Levy is who he is, there is a ton of good but also some bad. I believe it hurt him deeply to sack Poch. I wish he'd paid heed earlier. I also hope he has learnt his lessons but I remain unconvinced. Mourinho needs backing or he will be offski.
I don’t doubt for one second that sacking hurt both men massively. I’ve heard more than enough neutral sources talk about how well they got in and how unusual it was
But I also believe it was right at the time (as we would have had to sack most of the team otherwise which isn’t practical)

I think we agree on pretty much all points. For me, Levy took Poch for granted. He did not listen to the warnings and they came true. Poch could've been stronger/more of an ******** perhaps, but truth be told, he is not that guy right now and I think emotion prevented him from leaving in the summer.

What was the sacking statement all about? As I remember it Levy was so complimentary about poch, same with Jose at his first press conference.
I wonder if poch was in a rush and Levy knew we couldn't risk the investment needed just yet.

Winks went out as their was no one closing down moutinho
We still had 6 men behind the ball yet they walked though basically
He was badly out of position..... Had no need to be playing a one man pressing game onto Moutinho who was in his own half. Traore spotted the space and just drifted into it. Davies couldn't come and take him as Doherty was pushing up (with Bergwijn having not tracked his run). If you think Winks should've been pressing Moutinho in that phase of play then you and I have a very different understanding of central midfield positioning.

Jan and toby I agree with, the fullbacks not so sure about. Their high esteem was more to do with being English and and a lack of options.
For me Wanyama is where it started going wrong, we were pulling players from all over to fill the gap he left.
The way Poch had us playing needed two full backs who could complete ridiculous numbers of sprints during games. They had to provide all of our width and also still defend the opponents wide forwards.

The fact remains mate that Poch made us a top 4 regular and CL Finalist. He was getting much more right than he was wrong ( I suspect we agree).
Time will tell but I doubt there will be another PL manager in the next decade who is able to take a team to 4 straight top 4 finishes with the 6th biggest wage budget and 10th'ish biggest net spend in the league.

I honestly don't know.
I always thought it was about spending, but it was open to interpretation.

He was badly out of position..... Had no need to be playing a one man pressing game onto Moutinho who was in his own half. Traore spotted the space and just drifted into it. Davies couldn't come and take him as Doherty was pushing up (with Bergwijn having not tracked his run). If you think Winks should've been pressing Moutinho in that phase of play then you and I have a very different understanding of central midfield positioning.
I think a player has to press the man with the ball and no one else moved
Literally no one
I’ve watched it back and everyone stands still
He has plenty of cover behind him (8 players) and they had 5 in our half

The way Poch had us playing needed two full backs who could complete ridiculous numbers of sprints during games. They had to provide all of our width and also still defend the opponents wide forwards.
Great athletes, walker especially, not great footballers IMHO.

It’s just the modern game now
We have two very average and not that fast FBs and it kills us so often

I think a player has to press the man with the ball and no one else moved
Literally no one
I’ve watched it back and everyone stands still
He has plenty of cover behind him (8 players) and they had 5 in our half
Your central midfield player (and indeed the player playing deepest in midfield for us on Sunday) should not be pressing an opposition player in a reasonably wide position in their own half, especially if the team are not playing a high pressing game.

I always thought it was about spending, but it was open to interpretation.

I agree, but it's difficult know be really sure how poch wanted to go. One minute it was don't spend, we're good enough, next minute it was sell and buy others.
Was some of it to keep on levys good side, playing the press or what.
In the end I think he confused himself.

Your central midfield player (and indeed the player playing deepest in midfield for us on Sunday) should not be pressing an opposition player in a reasonably wide position in their own half, especially if the team are not playing a high pressing game.
You seen the photos
At that point Lo Celso was the one playing deepest. They switched constantly during the game

You seen the photos
At that point Lo Celso was the one playing deepest. They switched constantly during the game
I would have to watch the whole game again to see if they had switched. At that point that goal was created it looks like neither of them were playing deep (which is inexplicable). We instead have a chasm of space between our midfield and defense. That spot that Traore takes up is the exact spot that a Wanyama type would’ve automatically filled in when playing for us a couple of seasons ago. Winks charging out towards that ball showed a complete lack of awareness of what was behind him. Watch as Mourinho gets that ball, he has both Jotta and Traore goal side of our midfield, open, both with at least 15 yards of space to run into before coming up against our defence. Is there another team in the PL who leave such huge swathes of space in central attacking areas as we do?

Do you really think that Winks was in the right position there Bedford, pressing Moutinho in Wolves’ half with us 2-1 up? It is Sunday league kids football type of play.

Back