• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

That was what was pitched to us those by some of those desperate to get Jose in.
Jose will have firing and into top four by Christmas, can't blame others for reminding them of it.
Was never going to happen in my opinion, there is no magic bullet for our issues, no matter the manager.

Speaking from my own point of view i wanted Poch to stay but i was happy that we appointed a manager who knows how it is to win things. Some fans made it obvious that they thought Jose was some kind of devil and the slagging/hinting/ sly digs have already started from them.

We may make the top four but i do have my doubts about that but i never thought that we were out of the race while Poch was here. You are right there is no magic bullet and it will take time reguardless of what some fans think should happen, which takes me back to my previous post about some folks " wanting it and wanting it now".

Speaking from my own point of view i wanted Poch to stay but i was happy that we appointed a manager who knows how it is to win things. Some fans made it obvious that they thought Jose was some kind of devil and the slagging/hinting/ sly digs have already started from them.

We may make the top four but i do have my doubts about that but i never thought that we were out of the race while Poch was here. You are right there is no magic bullet and it will take time reguardless of what some fans think should happen, which takes me back to my previous post about some folks " wanting it and wanting it now".

I think the thing that concerns me most is the noises about not bringing anyone in. It's tantamount to self harming at this stage. Imagine if the much-maligned Sissoko was out for an extended period - I just don't think we could field a midfield. We're at the point where we don't have enough players. We've become dependent on trash like Sissoko.

So for me, its not about a quick fix, but we need to sign a player capable of playing for 90 minutes. We haven't done that for ages. If we sit on our hands again we're just going to literally run out of players.

There is no doubt following in Poch’s footsteps is no easy task. The issues Poch left were never simple. We have multiple decent but not exceptional players for certain positions, our defence is weak as a result.

Poch couldn’t solve these issues (and I do blame him slightly for letting CM and RB issues fester when he had £100m to use).

We also reached a natural transitional period. New stadium - statistically it has an effect on teams moving in - and a number of players reaching the end of their contracts. Plus players we would like to sell but can’t.

What Mourinho does bring is greater foresight, and a more pro-active stance. @parkllane1 is correct we need to give Mourinho time.

Both managers have faced the same fundamental problem - not knowing their first choice CM. I don’t think posters here could agree who should cement our midfield now. Ndombele looks in favour but questions remain about his fitness and defensive awareness.

So Mourinho has the same issues to address Poch had, but I have greater confidence in him addressing them - over time. What we lose with Poch is his ability to elevate players ability, over time.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was hoping Mourinho would have used his 'contacts' and 'muscle' to make some moves by now... throw a couple out and bring in a couple of Portugueezers from Sporting/Porto/Benfica/Braga etc... or even Spaniards or Lille players via his deputy Sacramento... BOOM, I AM MOURINHO, I HAVE MADE THE CHANGE, WORSHIP MEEEEE!

I am very impressed with how Mourinho is handling things so far.

The pressure was great from the start and piling injuries, suspensions, transfer complications etc. are piling on the pressure steadily. Despite all these he has remained sensible and passionate, demonstrating how he has embraced the team and the Tottenham way.

That 18 months of no spend has come back to hurt us badly. Our faith in the the youth team, world class sporting facilities and fitness staff has let us down. First team players are not committing to the future of the club and the bench and second stringers are not ready, or not suitable. These are issues that cannot be fixed immediately.

There's a lot of work to be done and great to see Mourinho grappling with the issues and constraints head on. He understands is and given time I am confident he can fix things. He shouldn't be held responsible for decisions he did not make.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was hoping Mourinho would have used his 'contacts' and 'muscle' to make some moves by now... throw a couple out and bring in a couple of Portugueezers from Sporting/Porto/Benfica/Braga etc... or even Spaniards or Lille players via his deputy Sacramento... BOOM, I AM MOURINHO, I HAVE MADE THE CHANGE, WORSHIP MEEEEE!
He has pulled off somewhat of a mini miracle by grabbing lilles coaching staff.... Now it's levy and the committee he has to work with....

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I see a lot are still saying give Mourinho time and money. Do people honestly think he will get money? And if so when.

As I posted here this week. Imo, this current crop will not be turned by Jose. The mini bounce is well and truly over.

We’ve already been told there will be likely be no ins this window. Therefore: The target this season of 4th and a cup is a mile off. And if we give him one window close season and 100m - do we think that will solve everything?

This is a major rebuild job, as we were told by Poch. Multiple windows and big money.

I see no solution this season or next. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I see a lot are still saying give Mourinho time and money. Do people honestly think he will get money? And if so when.

As I posted here this week. Imo, this current crop will not be turned by Jose. The mini bounce is well and truly over.

We’ve already been told there will be likely be no ins this window. Therefore: The target this season of 4th and a cup is a mile off. And if we give him one window close season and 100m - do we think that will solve everything?

This is a major rebuild job, as we were told by Poch. Multiple windows and big money.

I see no solution this season or next. Hopefully I’m wrong.

The trouble i have is that Mourinho is a 2-3 year manager and we need at least 18 months of rebuilding, ie two more summer windows, before we can get to a point where we can look to challenge at the top again - you're using up a lot of your Mourinho time there on stuff he's not particularly known for

I am not judging until next season when Jose has had time to bring in his own players and has had a pre season with them.

I'm sure you did the same with Sherwood.

The reality is he isn't bringing in 22 new players in the summer. 15+ of this squad will be here next season. They are the ones he needs to make work. They will judge his ability to coach and manage them on this 6 months. If it doesn't work then he needs to go same as Poch.

The trouble i have is that Mourinho is a 2-3 year manager and we need at least 18 months of rebuilding, ie two more summer windows, before we can get to a point where we can look to challenge at the top again - you're using up a lot of your Mourinho time there on stuff he's not particularly known for
He didn’t leave Chelsea in a bad state either time did he
And the United squad he left was much better than the one he inherited (people need to have a real look at what he had to start with).

Which was my exact point when we announced him. I can’t make the money available/transfer windows available/Jose’s style three way axis come together at any juncture.

The reality is he isn't bringing in 22 new players in the summer. 15+ of this squad will be here next season. They are the ones he needs to make work. They will judge his ability to coach and manage them on this 6 months. If it doesn't work then he needs to go same as Poch.

Bang on. People talking like he’s going to be given 150m for 5 new players. I just don’t see it.

Alasdair Gold done a very fair video yesterday. He said he thought 1 or 2 new faces could change things up. I guess if you combined those with GLC and Ndom finding some form then maybe. That’s the realistic version imo.

10-12 of the squad are fine. If he makes 3-4 additions over the next 2 windows, and then 3-4 again over the following 2 windows, he'll have a rebuilt squad by August 2021. In my view, thats when you can judge him properly. We can start to have a view on him next season, but really need to wait til the year after. We're just going to need to have a lot of patience over that period, particularly the next 5 months, as it wont be pretty

Bang on. People talking like he’s going to be given 150m for 5 new players. I just don’t see it.

Alasdair Gold done a very fair video yesterday. He said he thought 1 or 2 new faces could change things up. I guess if you combined those with GLC and Ndom finding some form then maybe. That’s the realistic version imo.
2 top full backs would make a massive massive difference
Our game and the modern game is so reliant on the width that you get from full backs and we have one in Davies who can do a job. The rest are past it, useless or just untrusted

2 top full backs would make a massive massive difference
Our game and the modern game is so reliant on the width that you get from full backs and we have one in Davies who can do a job. The rest are past it, useless or just untrusted

I think a dominating CB and DM would be far more of an upgrade for us at the moment. Maybe that just shows how many problems we have!!

I think a dominating CB and DM would be far more of an upgrade for us at the moment. Maybe that just shows how many problems we have!!
We have options in CB and CM... we don’t at FB. We have players were happy to leave at FB which says a lot

we need FBs and a DM - that is our most urgent area of need I'd say.

We could do with something in the forward area - especially if Eriksen is moved on.

Back