• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Exactly
People assume possession means pressure but surely we know as a fans that isn’t right... I mean we were masters of that under Poch. All ball and no action
That kind of shot map reminds me of the AVB days and whilst Traore is a handful his long range finishing is nowhere near Bale’s levels.

At no point watching the wolves game did I think we would win it. We also had to resort to fouling Traore in order to stop him to the point where 3 players IIRC got booked for it, even Kane got in on the act. Playing hack-a-Traore to me doesn’t show a team being in control of the game.

They had 3 players booked for fouling Moura too IIRC. They also had the same amount of yellows as us... that’s fouling too

and Southampton did exactly that to Dele when we played them. Kick him at every opportunity

I watched the wolves game. Couldn’t see where they were getting a goal from. Having the ball doesn’t mean controlling the game

They had 3 players booked for fouling Moura too IIRC. They also had the same amount of yellows as us... that’s fouling too

and Southampton did exactly that to Dele when we played them. Kick him at every opportunity

I watched the wolves game. Couldn’t see where they were getting a goal from. Having the ball doesn’t mean controlling the game

On the other hand, couldn’t see where we were getting a goal from either. It took a corner (our first of the game) for us to score again. The first goal was a result of a piece of individual brilliance.

On the other hand, couldn’t see where we were getting a goal from either. It took a corner (our first of the game) for us to score again. The first goal was a result of a piece of individual brilliance.
And their goal wasn’t?
We didn’t need that second goal until they scored and then we attacked more
like I said they had the same amount of shots and yellow cards as us. The only thing they edged was possession which they did nothing with. I’ll take that every day of the week if we win

If the club wasn’t capable then fair fudges, Levy did what he could in the best interests of the club. But Poch never struck me as a guy that was asking for unreasonable money, more just to stop mucking around signing squad players, and if we’re gonna spend, spend it on elite players like Liverpool did.

We need to use the transfer market wisely and quite significantly in this January and Summer 2020 windows. My worry is that we have no money left to do so.

Poch and Levy would have always been on message with each other....and importantly honest.

2 years ago Poch's 'brave' comments clearly meant 'im going to shake things up and you'll be surprised whom I'm prepared to get rid of'

This is all from meeting Levy finding out he may only be able to front £20/25m for transfers (perfectly reasonable at that moment in time) but giving Poch full control on squad personel, leading Poch to raise his own kitty with 'brave' sales Toby, Wanyama, Rose, moose, Eriksen, Tripps. Main men from our first X1.

What's sad is not that this crept up on us, or the manager was rash or self destructed. No. Back then our manager foresaw this, predicted this and knew we had to be doing something about it, yet beyond Moose and Tripps all those players are still here.

I'm not saying Levy is to blame for the 'shifting on' not happening. I think most of the individual players have been discussed and the opportunities to shift them haven't been plentiful. (Unless we gave them away, which ironically now looks like happening)

BUT them not moving appears to have caused more problems than you would imagine. Poch had a vision (that vision was his new energy) everyday that passed it must of felt like we were taking no steps towards that. Everyday f.cked him off a little bit more.

It would be nice to see what our team would look like now if we had shed those players over a couple of transfers window. Back then that's £250m worth of players...more than enough to churn the squad even during a time Levy couldn't contribute much. We're 5 windows on now and the amount of work to do looks the same, if not more looking at Dier Aurier Jan etc

The other kicker is that £250m of talent is worth what now? We've got very little to 'net' off any purchases. The ready made players we crave cost serious money, it takes a couple of players to burn £100m. Levy has set a 'net' figure with the financers for player trading (maybe there's a little flexibility)...that's what Jose has to work with...I hope it's enough?

At no point watching the wolves game did I think we would win it. We also had to resort to fouling Traore in order to stop him to the point where 3 players IIRC got booked for it, even Kane got in on the act. Playing hack-a-Traore to me doesn’t show a team being in control of the game.

Tactical fouling is part of the modern game. City are masters at it. We had three players foul Traoré in quick succession but it wasn't a feature throughout the game.

Wolves are a good team. We played compact, let them have the ball but made it difficult for them to create good goalscoring opportunities. It was successful and a typical Mourinho approach.

Yup, Moura was fouled 4 times just like Traore and next most was Dele on 3 but tabloids only highlight what was done to their new favourite up and comers.

ADB14203-9C0F-4132-A669-D596FF74DE42.png

And their goal wasn’t?
We didn’t need that second goal until they scored and then we attacked more
like I said they had the same amount of shots and yellow cards as us. The only thing they edged was possession which they did nothing with. I’ll take that every day of the week if we win

I stand by what I said. Not saying we necessarily deserved to lose but I wouldn’t say we deserved to win that game. We at no point controlled that game.

Tactical fouling is part of the modern game. City are masters at it. We had three players foul Traoré in quick succession but it wasn't a feature throughout the game.

Wolves are a good team. We played compact, let them have the ball but made it difficult for them to create good goalscoring opportunities. It was successful and a typical Mourinho approach.

Wolves are indeed a good team and in a way it was a good away performance against a good side but I still don’t think we deserved three points. A draw would have been the fairest result IMO, they didn’t create a lorry load of chances as Paul Merson would say but I wouldn’t say we were the better side and deserved to win it either.

I've not been too happy with the 'new guy' over the past few days!

Then I read this (sorry about the source) and my mood lightened a little.

3: Tottenham
W = 5 | D = 1 | L = 2 | GD = +6 | Pts = 16

TALKSPORT-Prem-Form-Table.jpg

https://talksport.com/football/649303/jose-mourinho-premier-league-table-form-tottenham/

I stand by what I said. Not saying we necessarily deserved to lose but I wouldn’t say we deserved to win that game. We at no point controlled that game.
I didn’t think Southampton deserved to beat us if I’m honest
I think the pen that should have gone to Dele would have changed the game
Also we shouldn’t have lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester as we were the better side there too

Also we shouldn’t have lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester as we were the better side there too

Southampton had our number. No surprises we lost, thought we would struggle before the game. Southampton have improved markedly.
We look like busy fools up front and had a non existent midfield for the majority of he game. Jose looked lost out there.

When is Son back?

I think a draw would have been fair at Leicester, defeat was certainly harsh for sure.

Didn’t see Saudi Sportswashing Machine so I can’t comment.

Think we deserved to win every game this season really, especially Bayern.

Southampton had our number. No surprises we lost, thought we would struggle before the game. Southampton have improved markedly.
We look like busy fools up front and had a non existent midfield for the majority of he game. Jose looked lost out there.

When is Son back?
Son’s eligible to play this weekend.

When is Son back?
But I’d we had the ball (which we did) then using other people’s logic we dominated. I mean I couldn’t see where they were getting a goal from until we made a mistake

Back