• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I'm really not worried given a week to prep Jose will use same tactics as vs Wolves.

The energy of Wolves performance is what was hard to cope with, I don't see another team matching that over 90 mins

Agreed, reminded me of Arsenal away in the league last season, they didn’t let up.

I'm really not worried given a week to prep Jose will use same tactics as vs Wolves.

The energy of Wolves performance is what was hard to cope with, I don't see another team matching that over 90 mins
The performance from Wolves was part of it. A big part I think was also the players we had available and how the game developed. We got the first goal (from a very limited chance and fantastic strike). With Dier and Sissoko centrally, Sanchez at CB we were very limited in our ability to play through pressure.

It was quite similar to the United game, except we didn't make stupid individual errors of the same magnitude and frequency so we weren't punished.

Could see us go for a similar approach against Chelsea. Unless Winks is showing good form in training and Mourinho decides that Foyth is ready (the last one of those very unlikely I think) we'll probably struggle with the high press as we have for a long time. Chelsea probably won't match Wolves for intensity, but that probably also depends on the flow of the game. If we go behind like we did against United we could have a very difficult time.

Will be interesting to see how we approach that game, but won't be surprised if we have to withstand extended periods of pressure.

It wasn't just their energy in midfield it was also the quality of their play to go with it. Chelsea are also capable of putting together stretches of good play in the midfield. Again I'm not saying they will, but we need to be wary of going for the same approach as it will cost us against opposition who are both dominant in midfield and have quality forward players. Chelsea are closer to that definition than Wolves.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Between the three of them they would likely dominate midfield, which means their forwards will have a good day...

Their forwards are a bit flakey/hit and miss, but they have quality

I think injury has played a part
I don’t think so
I think an actual lack of decent defenders or a keeper hasn’t helped
And of course the hype wasn’t warranted
Their were outplayed by ajax with 9 men

Midfield is a conundrum for us, against Chelsea I’d probably go with Dier and Winks if fit.

as mentioned though it could be advantageous for us for them to have possession and push on so we can hurt them on the counter.

Midfield is a conundrum for us, against Chelsea I’d probably go with Dier and Winks if fit.

as mentioned though it could be advantageous for us for them to have possession and push on so we can hurt them on the counter.

I say we should stick with Dier and Sissoko. We just look like defensive wrecks with Winks in there - at the very least, Sissoko uses his superior mobility and physicality to better effect.

Once Ndombele is fit, start him alongside Dier. Then look for a permanent DM to challenge Dier in January.

That's my three-step proposal.

I say we should stick with Dier and Sissoko. We just look like defensive wrecks with Winks in there - at the very least, Sissoko uses his superior mobility and physicality to better effect.

Once Ndombele is fit, start him alongside Dier. Then look for a permanent DM to challenge Dier in January.

That's my three-step proposal.

Hmmm lots of sense in that,

well seems obvious that Winks/Sissoko isn’t viable.

getting a bit frustrating with the Frenchman, lots invested and little return thus far, though patience I’m sure is required.

Probably already been done to death, not sure why we didn’t go in serious for Tielemans...missed a trick there methinks.

Poch was a lovely guy and an inspirational coach. Mou may well not be such a nice guy, but he comes across as super professional, ruthless and totally switched on. You sense that behind the velvet glove is an iron fist....people were wondering if his thinking and his style was outmoded but no sign of that....

Probably already been done to death, not sure why we didn’t go in serious for Tielemans...missed a trick there methinks.

He's not hugely defensively capable nor overly mobile so wouldn't solve our current problems. I'd hazard a guess that a fit and settled in N'dombele would be more productive than Tielemans in their team although Tanguy won't generally play as advanced for us as he'd just be treading on Alli's toes.

As for Jose it's still very early of course but I must say I'm mighty glad he is here. and going by the performances whilst not perfect, it seems the players are too. Let's hope the man can tease another masterclass against Chelsea from Dele and have the defense tight enough to get a clean sheet at home (am I asking for a bit too much here?).

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-news-harry-kane-jose-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino-difference-1343272

'It's good to experience new things': Harry Kane on Tottenham's new lease of life under Jose Mourinho
Spurs striker full of praise for new manager's impact on training ground and says squad are determined to beat Chelsea this weekend

Harry Kane admits he is learning a new winning mentality under Jose Mourinho at Tottenham Hotspur.

Tottenham ground out a 2-1 win away to Wolves on Sunday with a stoppage-time winner from Jan Vertonghen after being under pressure for most of the game.

That was their fourth win in five Premier League matches since the Portuguese replaced Mauricio Pochettino, a transformation that has taken them from 14th to fifth in the table.

Kane, 26, admits it's difficult to put his finger on what Mourinho has done, but he is learning from the former Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter coach.

“It is hard to say. I got on very well with 'Poch' and I respect him very much,” said Kane.

“But Mourinho's got his own style, his own way of doing things. For me, it is about learning that way.

“My top level career has only been with one manager so for me it's good to experience new things, see how different managers work.

“Mourinho's one of the highest level managers in our sport, so I can only learn from him.

“We've scored goals in pretty much every game we've played with the new manager in charge, so if we can get it right, and grind out results like that throughout the season, we'll be OK.

Kane added: “These results we weren't picking up earlier in the season for one reason or another.

“Little things went our way towards the end [at Wolves]. Whenever a new manager comes in, everyone's ready, wants to work, wants to impress.

“But it's important over this busy period, and in January that we carry it on.

“It's not just for an early period. We've been feeling good.”

Spurs are now just three points behind Chelsea, who they meet at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Saturday, and they will go above them on goal difference with a win against Mourinho's old club.

Kane is determined they close the gap on their London rivals as they look to cash in on a favourable looking festive period with a home game against Brighton & Hove Albion on Boxing Day followed by trips to struggling Southampton and Norwich on December 28 and New Year's Day respectively.

“Over this busy period we want to continue to win games,” said Kane.

“Chelsea is a big one – a chance for us to get into that top four and push on from there.

“If we can win that, we have fixtures over the Christmas period we feel we can definitely win.

“But I don't want to say anything now and lose next weekend!”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-news-harry-kane-jose-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino-difference-1343272

'It's good to experience new things': Harry Kane on Tottenham's new lease of life under Jose Mourinho
Spurs striker full of praise for new manager's impact on training ground and says squad are determined to beat Chelsea this weekend

Harry Kane admits he is learning a new winning meteorology under Jose Mourinho at Tottenham Hotspur.

Tottenham ground out a 2-1 win away to Wolves on Sunday with a stoppage-time winner from Jan Vertonghen after being under pressure for most of the game.

“It is hard to say. I got on very well with 'Poch' and I respect him very much,” said Kane.
2D0A3BC3-0AF7-4D9E-BB93-445904F5F947.jpeg

Harry Kane said:
Chelsea is a big one – a chance for us to get into that top four and push on from there.

If we can win that, we have fixtures over the Christmas period we feel we can definitely win.

But I don't want to say anything now and lose next weekend

That's not very Spurs like.

So in a nutshell the MouMou masterplan is to play a low block with Dier and Sissoko... restrict the opposition to having difficult attempts at goal, then when we get the ball we whack it forwards quickly to our Fab Four up front, before their defence get settled.
Whereas Poch would try to get control of the game and pass pass pass push push push pass pass pass.

So in a nutshell the MouMou masterplan is to play a low block with Dier and Sissoko... restrict the opposition to having difficult attempts at goal, then when we get the ball we whack it forwards quickly to our Fab Four up front, before their defence get settled.
Whereas Poch would try to get control of the game and pass pass pass push push push pass pass pass.

I think its too soon to call.

Right now I think Mourinho is doing what is easiest to implement and get results with.

Given the nature of the squad I dont think a low block approach will suit long term.

I suspect more a 4-2-3-1 in classic Poch style (Wanyama sitting/splitting CBs/Dembele roaming/high full backs)

At least in shape if not execution. Mourinho is more "efficient" in these things than Poch, IMO. He's happier for a long ball if it gets it up there, hes happier with turning over play - 3 direct passes -shot.

Poch seemed to have a more holistic approach. Id say thats probably the biggest difference in terms of style.

Opinion: You Don’t Need Belief With Mourinho He Simply Delivers
By Harry Hotspur - 39 minutes ago

Screen-Shot-2019-12-18-at-09.16.35.jpg

The impact of Jose Mourinho is tangible. No fingers crossed, no talk of building. With the Kosher One at the helm, there is finally reason to take the ambition talk that comes out of the club seriously.

Tottenham have leapt up the table, winning 4 games out of 5, putting us in the same form bracket as Liverpool and Leicester City.

This is an interesting table to dwell upon. For all the upbeat talk surrounding Chelsea, Frank isn’t sustaining their feel good factor, whereas Ole Gunnar Solskjaer isn’t as much trouble as one might think.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-18-at-08.54.21.jpg

I’ve been routinely praising Dele Alli, and this here we see why.

Not just back to winning ways, but delivering all round quality performances to go with them.

A veritable goal and assist machine.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-18-at-08.58.33.jpg

Sonny is hot on Dele’s heels, and again, proving himself to be another hugely influential player.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-18-at-09.05.07.jpg

Harry Kane has a new rival. Lucas Moura, who seemingly couldn’t buy a regular game under Mauricio Pochettino, is another player to have found a new lease of life.

I think its too soon to call.

Right now I think Mourinho is doing what is easiest to implement and get results with.

Given the nature of the squad I dont think a low block approach will suit long term.

I suspect more a 4-2-3-1 in classic Poch style (Wanyama sitting/splitting CBs/Dembele roaming/high full backs)

At least in shape if not execution. Mourinho is more "efficient" in these things than Poch, IMO. He's happier for a long ball if it gets it up there, hes happier with turning over play - 3 direct passes -shot.

Poch seemed to have a more holistic approach. Id say thats probably the biggest difference in terms of style.

So agree on the point that judging Jose's style or plan after 4 weeks is a little silly, that said, opinions are for fun

- He has put players in correct roles and done so consistently e.g. Dele, Son, Lucas playing where they fit best, not using them to cover for the CM brickshow, If a FB is not attacking by nature, let them sit back (Davies, Jan), alternately if they are (Aurier), let them go forward
- Short term he has chosen to lean on the offense to carry the game while we take the time needed to defend as a team better
- Agree re transition speed/route, but inherently I think Jose is just less "religious" to a system or brick like possession or playing from back
- The best Jose sides I can recall murder you on the counter, you can have possession (in front of them) but you will get hurt badly when you lose it.

Long term I think the 4-2-3-1 is the formation, I don't think he will do the both FBs overcommitted thing, I don't think possession matters as much but it will be interesting to see his goal for the 2 CMs in front the back line.

Back