• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It’s a good start for sure. The team looks to have recovered some of their mojo after a pretty miserable 12 months. Jose is also saying all the right things but that won’t last.

It is early days and we’ve had two handy games to kick of the Mourinho reign. Could barely have been easier. I don’t expect Bournemouth to be much tougher. By Christmas, we’ll have a better idea of where we stand having played United, Wolves and Chelsea. Personally, I expect him to be a success here in that we will get up the table, challenge for trophies and perhaps win one or two. However, I think there is much work to be done and the two games so far don’t really tell us much about where we currently are.

Definitely agree with the last paragraph and really most of that post. Or to put it differently, if it wouldn't take longer, if these two games were enough to tell us where we currently are there would have been no need to change the manger.

Have you seen the one of him walking through the tunnel high fiving the whole teams worth of mascots? He loves to play the pantomime villain and has obviously made mistakes, but a true clam he isn’t. There are so many in football who know him and say what a great guy he is, including the likes of Conte who had heated rows with him yet still talk about him in high esteem. I like the fact he has that edge to him, someone who wasn’t a complete mr nice guy was needed and as a player you will never be allowed to get comfortable or you’ll face the chop. I for one am glad he’s here, we are lucky to have someone of his calibre....
I met him completely by accident when he was managing Chelsea first time round. He was an absolute gent. Really pleasant guy to chat to for all of 20 minutes. As I have said lots of times, I didn't want Poch to go, but if he had to go Jose would have been my top choice. Even if we know how this will probably end!

in regards to the recent coverage of spurs, i find it hard to take; he sets media agendas like a pro. last week we talked about dele's brother (what a crock of brick) and this week we are talking about ball boys. it's tedious. it's also super effective. there haven't been any reports about DL being out of his depth or treating poch like an evil slavemaster discarding a tired model.

it's just so boring to me
Sounds like you’re ready for a stint at Brammel Lane with gutter boy?

Still can't get used to the fella being our manager. Don't know why. Is he too big for us? Is he too much of a c**t? Is he the antithesis of everything we stand for? Dunno. Just takes getting used to and I say that as someone who has massive respect for Mourinho.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about Poch going. I got fed up of him for a while with some of the crap he spouted and I posted some fairly harsh things about him that probably went too far. But he just seemed to be ours. It was a perfect fit, destined for great things together and it just went wrong somewhere along the way. And I've no clue when or why, I just know I still feel a sadness, sorrow and confusion that he's gone. However, whatever we achieve with Mourinho, Poch will deserve a large slice of the credit and I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the stuff I'm seeing posted about him (some here but mainly on other boards).

My understanding, and it’s been foggy lately is that Poch reached an unprecedented peak, because no other manager was as successful as he, in getting the whole club pulling in his direction.

Never before had a manager galvanised the players, fans, and staff in such a way, this saw us make big strides, and at its height, our fans passion mixed with the squads determination saw us come finger tip close to beautiful things.

Alas it’s no more and the reasons why have been discussed enough.

Now, the present, I believe we have a quality manager, who is hungry and determined to change people’s perspective of him. I can only guess but I’d wager he’s had some pretty in depth conversations with his family (mainly his partner) since he was no longer living out his life in a hotel.

I think what we are seeing is what advice he’s taken on board from those who really care about and know him.

As stated I think Mourinho is a proven winner, his knowledge is as deep as his experience of doing great things in all of the European big leagues.

Here’s the thing though, no matter how good, or how good I think he is, he will not be able to truly achieve unless we all! (Majority) of the fanbase get behind him, because a manager and squad will ALWAYS need the love and feelings of glow from the support.

I’m not asking for people to ignore what they have seen from him previously, nor am I asking those loyal to poch to simply forget poch for something shiny and new.

I think, and thankfully I’m seeing it on here already is that we need to get behind the manager and the squad, because when we do, we are a force to be reckoned with.

so many always want us to fail and as a London club outside n17, they will all raise their game and unite in hatred against us.

Jose is prodigious at creating a siege mentality.

Tottenham will always need a siege mentality with the toughest armour going.

for those with misgivings I completely understand, yet I think I also know unless we band together and give out that unique and incredible support that few can match, then I feel we could have the most talented and hungry manager in the world and still fail.

A good start from Jose, and I hope he continues to bring more on board.

As for poch he will never be forgotten, I shall always appreciate the reasons why I felt so upset with him was because I was deeply enamoured by him in the first place.

I think from Jose’s actions he realises that he needs us on board. As fans we just need to realise whether we need him in the current climate and whether or not we can look beyond past transgressions and get on board.

Last edited:
in regards to the recent coverage of spurs, i find it hard to take; he sets media agendas like a pro. last week we talked about dele's brother (what a crock of brick) and this week we are talking about ball boys. it's tedious. it's also super effective. there haven't been any reports about DL being out of his depth or treating poch like an evil slavemaster discarding a tired model.

That's a shame, I'm enjoying it for what it is. And I couldn't say that so far this season.

My understanding, and it’s been foggy lately is that Poch reached an unprecedented peak, because no other manager was as successful as he, in getting the whole club pulling in his direction.

Never before had a manager galvanised the players, fans, and staff in such a way, this saw us make big strides, and at its height, our fans passion mixed with the squads determination saw us come finger tip close to beautiful things.

Alas it’s no more and the reasons why have been discussed enough.

Now, the present, I believe we have a quality manager, who is hungry and determined to change people’s perspective of him. I can only guess but I’d wager he’s had some pretty in depth conversations with his family (mainly his partner) since he was no longer living out his life in a hotel.

I think what we are seeing is what advice he’s taken on board from those who really care about and know him.

As stated I think Mourinho is a proven winner, his knowledge is as deep as his experience of doing great things in all of the European big leagues.

Here’s the thing though, no matter how good, or how good I think he is, he will not be able to truly achieve unless we all! (Majority) of the fanbase get behind him, because a manager and squad will ALWAYS need the love and feelings of glow from the support.

I’m not asking for people to ignore what they have seen from him previously, nor am I asking those loyal to poch to simply forget poch for something shiny and new.

I think, and thankfully I’m seeing it on here already is that we need to get behind the manager and the squad, because when we do, we are a force to be reckoned with.

so many always want us to fail and as a London club outside n17, they will all raise their game and unite in hatred against us.

Jose is prodigious at creating a siege meteorology.

Tottenham will always need a siege meteorology with the toughest armour going.

for those with misgivings I completely understand, yet I think I also know unless we band together and give out that unique and incredible support that few can match, then I feel we could have the most talented and hungry manager in the world and still fail.

A good start from Jose, and I hope he continues to bring more on board.

As for poch he will never be forgotten, I shall always appreciate the reasons why I felt so upset with him was because I was deeply enamoured by him in the first place.

Good Post.
Speaking for myself, and I don't think I'm any different to most, I support the badge, not who's wearing it.
I can't think of anyone who would make me walk away or hope we don't win.
It becomes a part of what makes you you.

Good Post.
Speaking for myself, and I don't think I'm any different to most, I support the badge, not who's wearing it.
I can't think of anyone who would make me walk away or hope we don't win.
It becomes a part of what makes you you.

Agree almost totally but Jon dispelled the notion of unconditional love for me last week by suggesting that maybe rSol could replace Poch. If that deluded Judas-c**t (rSol not Jon) was ever welcomed back in any capacity, I'm finding something else to make me miserable and elated as only Tottenham can.

I'm loving it. Jose at Spurs is Box Office....the team still needs investment but if anyone can make the best of what we have, it is Jose. Having the balls to hook a player after 29 minutes...only someone dedicated to winning does that....and apologising to the player afterwards...great touch.
We have just elevated from "very good team, with very good manager, trying to cement that next step with the big boys" to being "very good team, with the story everyone wants to hear".
Mourinho is simply an elevation in status from Poch - that is only good for the club going forwards.

Agree almost totally but Jon dispelled the notion of unconditional love for me last week by suggesting that maybe rSol could replace Poch. If that deluded Judas-c**t (rSol not Jon) was ever welcomed back in any capacity, I'm finding something else to make me miserable and elated as only Tottenham can.

He wouldn't bother me, he's too big an idiot to last long.

I'll take your version of boring over the losing we'd been suffering recently.

We have just elevated from "very good team, with very good manager, trying to cement that next step with the big boys" to being "very good team, with the story everyone wants to hear".
Mourinho is simply an elevation in status from Poch - that is only good for the club going forwards.
I know several Spurs fans want to keep beating Poch with the "no trophies" stick but whatever Mourinho has achieved before, he is now tainted goods; so I wouldn't say he represents an elevation in status given that Poch is one of the most highly regarded coaches in world football. Until Mourinho achieves or betters, at Spurs, what Poch achieved during his 5 years he represents a side ways move.

I know several Spurs fans want to keep beating Poch with the "no trophies" stick but whatever Mourinho has achieved before, he is now tainted goods; so I wouldn't say he represents an elevation in status given that Poch is one of the most highly regarded coaches in world football. Until Mourinho achieves or betters, at Spurs, what Poch achieved during his 5 years he represents a side ways move.

My point was about the present and the future, not the past.
Poch was incredible for this club. No doubt about that. But his time was up, as every coaches time is, so we had to make an appointment that cemented our relevance. Appointing Mourinho, the "circus" (IE the renaissance man persona etc) that comes with it creates a story. That story keeps our name around and keeps us relevant at a time when things are not going well. Our "brand" stays out there. And that is important for the now and the post Mourinho Tottenham.

I see little point in comparing what Poch did/didn’t do V Jose will/may do.
Both are top quality coaches in different stages of their careers.
We’re fortunate IMO that we will have these two back to back! Let’s look forward to the future and be equally grateful in the platform Poch has built. I still love that guy!

Nothing boring about it as far as i am concerned, i loved Poch and will always be grateful for what he has done for us here. However we have a proven winner as our manager and i am sure we will be winning trophys under him.

Sorry, my friend. There is so much that is ridiculous in this post, I honestly wouldn't know where to start to reply to it...

Back