• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Kinnear

Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager Alan Pardew has called for Joe Kinnear to show more respect after the club’s new director of football was forced to apologise for a series of public blunders.

Kinnear got a number of players’ names wrong during an interview with talkSPORT last month and also criticised some supporters for “talking out of their backsides”.

Speaking about the events for the first time, Pardew said: “Some of the things Joe Kinnear said he has apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected because there is a certain respect needed there.

“I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies.”

And Pardew has also issued a defiant, ‘I’m in charge’ message after Kinnear’s appointment.

Kinnear’s arrival has been seen as an attempt by Saudi Sportswashing Machine owner Mike Ashley to undermine Pardew’s authority. But the manager is convinced it is a system that will prove beneficial for the club – even though he felt compelled to restate his job title yesterday.

He said: “As the manager of the football club – which I am – I think it’s very important that the fans and the players know that I am managing this football team. That is my contract and that is what I am going to do.

“I will manage this club and manage this team to the best of my ability and, on the back of last year, I’m even more motivated to do well.

Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr have held a series of discussions with Kinnear, who is away on holiday, over the club’s summer recruitment plan and the manager is hoping he will now set about the task of bringing in players he wants.

Pardew said: “There has been a change above me in that [managing director] Derek Llambias has left and I want to thank him for the job he did here. He was terrific for me and the team.

“Now we have Joe Kinnear in that role and I hope Joe can influence Mike to a degree and we can bring in some great players here.

“I am very open-minded to Joe’s position. And I will take it as I see it. I have had good experiences and bad experiences of it. People who work with me will know that I am my own man. It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner then that will be the best outcome for us.

“As well as we have done in the transfer market there is always room for improvement.

“Me and Graham will put those ideas for signings out there and hopefully Joe can get them over the line.

“If that proves to be the case here, then hopefully we will have a good scenario out of all this bad publicity that this club have had to go through recently.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/413444/Alan-Pardew-tells-Joe-Kinnear-to-show-a-little-respect-at-Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager Alan Pardew has called for Joe Kinnear to show more respect after the club’s new director of football was forced to apologise for a series of public blunders.

Kinnear got a number of players’ names wrong during an interview with talkSPORT last month and also criticised some supporters for “talking out of their backsides”.

Speaking about the events for the first time, Pardew said: “Some of the things Joe Kinnear said he has apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected because there is a certain respect needed there.

“I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies.”

And Pardew has also issued a defiant, ‘I’m in charge’ message after Kinnear’s appointment.

Kinnear’s arrival has been seen as an attempt by Saudi Sportswashing Machine owner Mike Ashley to undermine Pardew’s authority. But the manager is convinced it is a system that will prove beneficial for the club – even though he felt compelled to restate his job title yesterday.

He said: “As the manager of the football club – which I am – I think it’s very important that the fans and the players know that I am managing this football team. That is my contract and that is what I am going to do.

“I will manage this club and manage this team to the best of my ability and, on the back of last year, I’m even more motivated to do well.

Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr have held a series of discussions with Kinnear, who is away on holiday, over the club’s summer recruitment plan and the manager is hoping he will now set about the task of bringing in players he wants.

Pardew said: “There has been a change above me in that [managing director] Derek Llambias has left and I want to thank him for the job he did here. He was terrific for me and the team.

“Now we have Joe Kinnear in that role and I hope Joe can influence Mike to a degree and we can bring in some great players here.

“I am very open-minded to Joe’s position. And I will take it as I see it. I have had good experiences and bad experiences of it. People who work with me will know that I am my own man. It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner then that will be the best outcome for us.

“As well as we have done in the transfer market there is always room for improvement.

“Me and Graham will put those ideas for signings out there and hopefully Joe can get them over the line.

“If that proves to be the case here, then hopefully we will have a good scenario out of all this bad publicity that this club have had to go through recently.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/413444/Alan-Pardew-tells-Joe-Kinnear-to-show-a-little-respect-at-Saudi Sportswashing Machine

A well deserved break.

I saw a comment under this story saying how the new Sunderland DoF started around the same time and has already bought in 5or 6 new players and has more in talks. JK has just wound people up and buggered off on hols!

What's our lazy DOF done yet? Baldini's no better than Kinnear.

;)

Yeah, but Kinnear probably holidays in Maidenhead while Baldini is taking his on a yacht in Monaco. The difference between us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine: we laze with class.

TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

Mick Harford, 54, reportedly in talks with #Saudi Sportswashing Machine over a role alongside director of football Joe Kinnear.

TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

Mick Harford, 54, reportedly in talks with #Saudi Sportswashing Machine over a role alongside director of football Joe Kinnear.

What a dream team they are, can see every player in the world wanting to come to the toon with those too high up in the management structure

I can see it now a Kinnear / Harford management dream team about 10 games of the season in, come Jan 14, 12 players submit transfer requests and the toon get relegated, 10/1 !!!

Back