• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Kinnear

To be fair to Kinnear on this point, this was one of the things people laughed at him for. He said Lambezee had resigned and everyone was like 'LOL, no he hasn't' but clearly he had done. Kinnear wasn't very eloquent but he had this point right.

What he actually says is that Lambezi has resigned from the position of director of football to concentrate on being MD and the finances of the club, he doesn't indicate that Lambezi is leaving completely. Must be a complete break down between Pardew and Lambezi to my mind.

Kinnear is absolutely crackers. His interview on Talksport was just terrible. Someone that should be consigned to Premier League history pre 2000 is somehow back on the scene despite being a relic. Pick up the phone and talk to who? No one is entertaining him in any aspect and I don't know why he would come out with such rubbish.
Feel sorry for Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans, That is some chairman they have there.

I would love to know what the f**k goes on behind the scenes at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.. It would be amaxing an reality TV show!

As funny as I find this, and it is so fudging funny, I do feel sorry for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans.

There is no way this is going to end well. Not a chance. The reason I am sure of that is there isn't an ounce of sense behind the decision.

1. Kinnear has, for the most part, been out of football for a long time.
2. He is a very combative individual. Not right for this sort of role. There is no way that there won't be destructive conflict with Pardew.
3. He's clearly a bit unhinged or very liberal with the truth.
4. The reaction outside of Saudi Sportswashing Machine has been very, very negative.
5. The Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans hate him.
6. His health is a concern no matter what he says today.

Seriously, I can't think of any positives to even begin to play devil's advocate.

Someone mentioned this being the same as us bringing back Pleat. In my view, this is 100 times worse because I think Pleat, whatever he is, is far more respected within the game and is far more politically savvy than Joe Kinnear.

I've not seen an appointment this bereft of common sense since the FAI appointed Steve Staunton in 2006. That was a stupid decision by an intelligent man with little football knowledge. It ended in complete farce. I'd bet my first-born that this will do the same. I just hope that it ends soon so that Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't find themselves back in the Championship or worse. Their fans don't deserve that.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans need to group together and boycott the games or something to try and change the top level of the club, Ashley is screwing them and at this rate they'll be back in the championship next season and further down in coming years as well probably.

Just when things seem to be going a bit better for them he does something stupid like this, Joe Kinnear is a loon, his facts were all over the place and some of his claims, talking to Fergie every week, were just bizarre.

It's only a matter of time before Pardew goes and when he does who's going to want to go in to that set up, nobody, unless they are just going for the money and that's not going to be a top notch manager.

Will be like watching a bad soap seeing how it plays out, just glad it's not us.

Keegan said it best.

[video=youtube;Ifpb55bXkrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpb55bXkrg[/video]

i agree that ashley is an idiot, but it can't be said he's not put the money in, Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans should be careful what they wish for, if he does sell up the next lot could be even worse

i agree that ashley is an idiot, but it can't be said he's not put the money in, Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans should be careful what they wish for, if he does sell up the next lot could be even worse

I don't think Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans could do much worse, ok the next guy might not put the money in but that's got to be better than Ashley doing ok for a season or two and then chucking Joe Kinnear or some other crap in to the mix and ruining everything.

Even with no money in from the owner Saudi Sportswashing Machine would bring in enough money to be a top 10 side, they can then try and kick on like we did a few years ago and become a consistent europa league side and then try to get to where we are now, looking to break the top 4. Instead under Ashley they shoot themselves in the foot every few years and have to start again.

If you were in any doubt as to how clueless Kinnear is then read this - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Saudi Sportswashing Machine-joe-kinnear-drove-derek-1967425

Shearer's been laying into Kinnear on BBCSport.. I bet Ashley is regretting this now..

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

Last edited:
Ashley does seem a functional idiot with respect to football. He must be reasonably intelligent for his business success, but he has made some very poor, obviously poor decisions. A series of bad decisions led to relegation (did Shearer comment on these?) but he seemed to get the club in order and bring it up in healthy shape. Ashley seemed to have learnt and turned the club around. Then a great run in the league and Ashley reverts to idiot. The eight year contract seems the turning point and now Kinnear.

Why does football turn successful businessmen into idiots?

"While other clubs are all plotting and planning for next season, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a manager who has been totally undermined," Shearer told The Sun.

The Match of the Day pundit added: "People are laughing at the football club I support. And that sickens me."

Shearer scored 206 goals in 404 games during a 10-year spell at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

He was also manager for an eight-game spell in 2009, taking over when previous incumbent Kinnear was recovering from a heart operation, but was unable to save them from relegation to the Championship.

Shearer does not expect Pardew to resign but feels he will find it difficult to work under Kinnear.

"It's no way to treat a man who 12 months ago was enjoying the fact he had been voted Manager of the Year for guiding Saudi Sportswashing Machine to fifth place in the Premier League," Shearer said.

"His silence on the appointment of Kinnear himself over recent days said it all. But what could he say?

"He is in such an intolerable position. He can't come out and slaughter his employers but at the same time he can't agree with a situation which no manager would find comfortable.

"I ask one question of Joe Kinnear: Would you stand for it, if you were manager?

"Someone else coming out in the national media announcing they are the Director of Football before even the club have made it official.

"Someone else basically taking control of who comes in and who goes out."

Kinnear, 66, was named as Saudi Sportswashing Machine's interim manager in September 2008 following Kevin Keegan's resignation. He was forced to step down after suffering heart problems in February 2009.

He recently revealed his new role during a radio interview, during which he got several players' names wrong, before the club confirmed the announcement.

"As for that announcement, what are the players to think when he can't even get their names right," Shearer added. "It's all a PR disaster."

Shearer joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine for a then world record £15m fee from Blackburn in 1996.
Shearer also took issue with Kinnear's claim that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would not have been relegated four years ago if he had remained in charge.

He added: "Over the last few days he has banged on about how Saudi Sportswashing Machine would never have gone down had he not had his health problems and stayed on in the job to the end of the 2008-09 season.

"The implication being that it was first (caretaker) Chris Hughton and then my fault for the club being relegated.

"I had eight games as manager at the end of the season, won one, drew two and lost the rest. So, yes, I take my share of responsibility.

"But Kinnear had 19 league games in charge that season and won just four, taking 20 points.

"Chris Hughton could not arrest the slide in his brief role as caretaker, and nor could I.

"Given the downtrodden, disjointed group of players I took on, it would have been something special if I had.

"So it's about time Kinnear took some responsibility for what happened as well. It was a real eye-opener when I did take charge for those final games. The team wasn't just a mess, the club was a mess."

"I had eight games as manager at the end of the season, won one, drew two and lost the rest. So, yes, I take my share of responsibility.

"But Kinnear had 19 league games in charge that season and won just four, taking 20 points.

"Chris Hughton could not arrest the slide in his brief role as caretaker, and nor could I.

"Given the downtrodden, disjointed group of players I took on, it would have been something special if I had.
[/I]

The only but Mr Shearer is that you still had a worse win % than Kinnear and you were supposed to be some sort of GHod up there and YOU could still only win 1 game in 8. YOU are a clown.

Coincedence?

Shearers bar to be re-named 'Nine'

http://www.Saudi Sportswashing Mach...edevelopment-set-to-raise-bar_2281670_3215376

Back