• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jimmy Carr tax dodger

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Thoughts?

I'm pleased they exposed him and hope that other celebrities get outed.

It's quite ironic that he's paid an accountant money to find loopholes so that he doesn't have to pay money!

The government need to tighten the laws on this sort of thing and close all the loopholes so that NOBODY can wriggle out of it.

If you are a British citizen, then you should pay whatever rate the tax is according to what you earn..... No exceptions......No loopholes.

Err what has he done wrong?

Did he break any laws or rules? No.

I dont get the uproar. We ALL find ways to pay less tax and if we had any ways we would ALL be doing it.

I dont see the fuss. As long as it is legal and not against the law then fine by me.

It would have massive consequences on the EPL if they did close the loopholes thats for sure. Well for the players anyway. Then again, some clubs tell the player that they will take care of the tax and you end up in a situation where the club would need to pay large amounts that they haven't been doing.

They should be closed is my view.

I dont get the uproar. We ALL find ways to pay less tax and if we had any ways we would ALL be doing it.

I dont see the fuss. As long as it is legal and not against the law then fine by me.

Don't believe thats morally right, its IMO on par with the dirty tossers that felt it was there right to go loot people's businesses last summer.

If everyone did it, we would be Greece. Then again we would still pay more tax with the 1%!

Don't believe thats morally right, its IMO on par with the dirty tossers that felt it was there right to go loot people's businesses last summer.

If everyone did it, we would be Greece. Then again we would still pay more tax with the 1%!

Morally it may well be wrong but who are we to judge on morals? Looting is illegal tax avoidance is not. I like how the government are on their high horses what with all those expenses etc - hypocrite much?

Lets be honest if you or I or anyone had an opportunity to pay 1% tax we would do it. I refuse to believe people would say otherwise. I pay masses of tax etc and hate it and if I was a bit more proactive about it im sure I could pay less tax.

You're right, it is legal, but I agree with unknown, it's morally wrong. Of course we would all love to find ways of paying slightly less tax, but for him to get away with it to such an extent that he's only paying 1% is an absolute joke!

The biggest tosser of them all is Bono. He's always preaching to everyone to give money and help the poor people and save the world, and yet U2 base part of their business operations in Holland so they can enjoy tax breaks.

He hasn't done anything illegal. He has every right to pay as little tax as he can.

He has though, proved that he is a weapons grade hypocrite. Channel Four's The 10 O'Clock Show featured Carr regularly and repeatedly slagging off "the rich" for doing exactly the same thing as him.

He hasn't done anything illegal. He has every right to pay as little tax as he can.

He has though, proved that he is a weapons grade hypocrite. Channel Four's The 10 O'Clock Show featured Carr regularly and repeatedly slagging off "the rich" for doing exactly the same thing as him.

Hypocrite? Maybe so but dont forget 10 O'Clock show is just that a show. It's for entertainment. It's not real. It is as real as Star Wars or Lord of the bloody Rings.

Ill tell ya who is a hypocrite the likes of David Cameron - dont the government use the same scheme that Carr used? Not withstanding the whole Expense scandal.

If Carrs house was on fire what would he do? Did he go to state school? Use public transport? NHS ever? Enjoy the protection of the police and the defense system? Tax evasion is immoral and my estimation of this unfunny clown has gone even lower.

Did you read that 20% of the members of this scheme are dentists and doctors? Yes, the same ones on strike yesterday over pensions when they get 45k a year on average when they retire. That requires a fund worth ?1.5 million to a private citizen and it's 80% funded by the tax payer. The same tax system these ****s don't pay into.

Scum.

Hypocrite? Maybe so but dont forget 10 O'Clock show is just that a show. It's for entertainment. It's not real. It is as real as Star Wars or Lord of the bloody Rings.

Ill tell ya who is a hypocrite the likes of David Cameron - dont the government use the same scheme that Carr used? Not withstanding the whole Expense scandal.

No they don't.

If Carrs house was on fire what would he do? Did he go to state school? Use public transport? NHS ever? Enjoy the protection of the police and the defense system? Tax evasion is immoral and my estimation of this unfunny clown has gone even lower.

Did you read that 20% of the members of this scheme are dentists and doctors? Yes, the same ones on strike yesterday over pensions when they get 45k a year on average when they retire. That requires a fund worth ?1.5 million to a private citizen and it's 80% funded by the tax payer. The same tax system these ****s don't pay into.

Scum.

Look whether he is scum or not - you are all basing it on morals. Im basing this on legality and the system. Blame the game not the player so to speak. I agree its totally wrong on a moral level BUT until he is acting illegally and/or avoiding tax is not illegal. Evading tax is. and no not the same thing in the eyes of the law.

By the way I read that the Tory backers are in on this scheme too (maybe not the government so I may have been wrong).

I aint rich in the slightest so I have no allegiance to the rich but I just dont see the fuss but when you talk about the public services he enjoys ill be honest you also gotta think of the waste the government also waste. ?4m on an MI5/6 investigation? ?8m on the Harry Redknapp case? So much else.

Of course Tory backers are in the scheme. And they are kunts as well. I know the government tinkle money away on cretins and waste but we are British citizens and the price for membership IMO is payment of all taxes due. He knew he shouldn't be paying an equivalent tax rate of 2% ffs!!! You pay around a third of your income in tax, end of discussion.

Greeks thought they didn't have to pay taxes and look at them!!

Is disgusting and immoral. This ain't party political. Is right and wrong. Next we need to ensure corporates either pay up or fudge off as well. You want to trade in the UK? You pay your taxes! Amazon, I'm looking at you.

Of course Tory backers are in the scheme. And they are kunts as well. I know the government tinkle money away on cretins and waste but we are British citizens and the price for membership IMO is payment of all taxes due. He knew he shouldn't be paying an equivalent tax rate of 2% ffs!!! You pay around a third of your income in tax, end of discussion.

Is disgusting and immoral. This ain't party political. Is right and wrong. Next we need to ensure corporates either pay up or fudge off as well. You want to trade in the UK? You pay your taxes! Amazon, I'm looking at you.

Absolutely this!

Funny thing is his 1% is more than I pay and practically every other working class citizen. Just a thought.

Why are Amazon cheaper than say WH Smiths? or Waterstones? Because they pay less tax - so we do reap the benefits (im sure) then again we may well be hypocrites too because we buy from them (the majority do anyways). I brought a book from Amazon for a fiver, in WH Smiths it was ?9.00.

I do pay a third (more than that) but if I could pay only 2% LEGALLY then ill be more than happy to do so. You could call me a **** but ultimately if it gives my family a better life then yeah id bloody well do it.

I just find it strange how Carr is vilified as if he is Hitler I find it even stranger how Cameron could come out and also say he is morally wrong. Get your house in order then talk. HMRC close off those loopholes and it will be sorted.

Funny thing is his 1% is more than I pay and practically every other working class citizen. Just a thought.

I agree I find it ludicrous that rich people pay less tax than the 'poorer' and 'less well off' lot but thats to do with the system not people. Its fudgein ridiculous.

Back