• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

Sunderland have given him a three and half year contract apparently - I'm utterly shocked at that and it's appalling signing - isn't good enough now for the premier league and can't imagine how much worse he'll be in three years.

He must have a good agent. But he will score ten goals and keep them in the premiership. Job done. Great signing in the short term anyway.

Sunderland have given him a three and half year contract apparently - I'm utterly shocked at that and it's appalling signing - isn't good enough now for the premier league and can't imagine how much worse he'll be in three years.

Good signing for them.

Will pop in 8-10 long Rangers next season. ( will probably get 6 the rest this season as he'll be happy to be back)

I think people are under estimating him

So we help him get match fit so he can score against us Saturday, typical

Probably will score granted, but him making them think they can score might play into our hands: they might not sit so deep and may come out at us a bit more.

Here's hoping anyway

I'd say he WILL score against us on Saturday if he plays, but will not score more than 3 league goals after that before the end of the season...

Good signing for them.

Will pop in 8-10 long Rangers next season. ( will probably get 6 the rest this season as he'll be happy to be back)

I think people are under estimating him

It would have been a good loan signing for the rest of the season, but saddling themselves to a 3 1/2 year contract is madness.

When did he ever score that many long rangers? You do know he was the little black guy always offside and who scored more in the back seat of cars than on the pitch, and not the the burly Welsh fellow?

He'd struggle to 3 a season at a naff club like Sunderland and with age creeping up on him.

It would have been a good loan signing for the rest of the season, but saddling themselves to a 3 1/2 year contract is madness.

When did he ever score that many long rangers? You do know he was the little black guy always offside and who scored more in the back seat of cars than on the pitch, and not the the burly Welsh fellow?

He'd struggle to 3 a season at a naff club like Sunderland and with age creeping up on him.
I think he deserves a little bit more respect than that he was at our club for a very long time

I think he deserves a little bit more respect than that he was at our club for a very long time

I agree with you on this.

I am a little put out by this thread, the guy is 5th all time scorer at Spurs and our greatest scorer in Europe and all you read on here is negativity.

Yeh age is against him as are injuries but his goal record suggests he will get goals, no one actually knows for sure so at least let the lad finish the season before being down on him.

He's always good for a debut goal which is worrying for this weekend. I look back on Defoe's time at Spurs fondly, especially his first spell. He could score. The three and a half year contract won't be a problem, he has constantly worked on his fitness throughout his career during close seasons.

I'd say he WILL score against us on Saturday if he plays, but will not score more than 3 league goals after that before the end of the season...

No I think you can double that total at least. In fact, I think he will score 7 or 8 before the season is out.

The more goals he scores the sillier we will look with Soldudo as our "plan b" to get a goal (if we dont buy a striker).

After watching him tear it up in training, I'm sure Poch has him locked in a closet somewhere.

How many times did we hear about Defoe "being on fire" in training. Some people have short memories - he was great against a team like Wigan when we were three nil up or something, but come the big moment in the big games, he generally lacked composure and the hard hit shot straight at the keeper was a common sight.

I really don't see him scoring too many goals in such a poor team.

No I think you can double that total at least. In fact, I think he will score 7 or 8 before the season is out.

The more goals he scores the sillier we will look with Soldudo as our "plan b" to get a goal (if we dont buy a striker).

I think that he'll get 7 before the end of the season.

Considering our inability to break down some of the weaker teams over the past couple of seasons maybe having a "flat track bully" (as Defoe has been labelled in the past) around wouldn't have been the worst plan.

You guys are forgetting the year where Defoe got about 1 goal and looked pretty dire. We all remember those glorious moments when he would smash it in or beat 3 men and smash it in... but don't forget game after game where he didn't contribute to the match and also didn't score.

Back