• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

Good to be confident and all that but it's amazing that he was surprised when he didn't get called up for the world cup...

It's criminal how much we could do with him at the moment. Not as a lone striker but as someone who gives a fcuk and knows the route to goal.

It's a shame is doesn't say he came to Toronto to help raise the profile of the game in the US and build on what Beckham and Henry have done etc.
I know he shouldn't have to say it but in this interview he just comes across as sounding like he made a mistake going there and Toronto just isn't for him and if the agents could have done a deal to bring him back he would've jumped ship straight away.

It's a shame because the fans over there were/are expecting him to be another Henry'esque role model but this just sounds all about him.

But who am I to say, he's had a decent career and I guess if he isn't enjoying it there then it's best to leave and come back.

What with the way Defoe ditched Charlton and Wet Spam as soon as a better offer came along, I don't expect him to hang around in Toronto for long if QPR offer to add him to their ranks of overpaid has-beens.

Certainly not getting the most favourable headlines over in Canadian press I see...

@TheTorontoSun: Mother at the centre of Jermain Defoe drama: Sources. Exclusive via @KurtLarSUN http://bit.ly/1shedmE #TFC

[tweet]525665317264302081[/tweet]

Last edited:
just posted in another thread, but 90k a week for Defoe, for them makes sense, even now he's head and shoulders sbove the rest of their squad, he will score goals and that's cheap for a good pl striker

This deal with Toronto was more than just Defoe, I was there recently and the place is covered in Spurs logos and Spurs TV Deals etc.

Also Defoe is crocked 9 times out of 10 at the minute.

I rated Defoe highly for us and will hold him in high regard, but he is the past now.

One of my mates bumped in to him a few months back - said he was coming back... :lol:

If and I stress "if" we dont buy a striker in Jan which we so badly need, I would have Defoe on the bench over Soldado and Ade in a heartbeat. When Kane gets knackered which WILL happen we are buggered.

Defoe can walk in with no need to settle, loves the club and will score more then Ade and Soldado.

I wish when all the players bugger off abroad they would stay there and stop coming back on loan.

If and I stress "if" we dont buy a striker in Jan which we so badly need, I would have Defoe on the bench over Soldado and Ade in a heartbeat. When Kane gets knackered which WILL happen we are buggered.

Defoe can walk in with no need to settle, loves the club and will score more then Ade and Soldado.

Ideal against teams where you can't break them down (like palace so far today).

Bring him on, get him shooting from 20 yards - his goalscoring from that distance is phenomenal

Sunderland have given him a three and half year contract apparently - I'm utterly shocked at that and it's appalling signing - isn't good enough now for the premier league and can't imagine how much worse he'll be in three years.

Sunderland have given him a three and half year contract apparently - I'm utterly shocked at that and it's appalling signing - isn't good enough now for the premier league and can't imagine how much worse he'll be in three years.

yeah, but, Altidore

Back