• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Wish List and Predicitions

In terms of squad players, we don't have natural cover for Toby, Dembele or (unless Janssen is able to modify his game) Kane. So getting cover for any of those would be good

Agree about your final point though

I believe Poch would say that Dier, Winks and Jansenn offer just that and are here already based on them being used for those roles in place of the players you mention

Genuine cover for Kane who could hit the ground running. That could possibly be berahino although it sounds like he would need to go on a Poch intensive fitness programme. Also another creative midfielder. Sell bentaleb and Carroll

Who would YOU sign?

I have no idea who's showing promise around the world, but what I've seen of the PL so far tells me we need to stay far away from the overhyped players at the mid to lower table clubs. They are utterly useless and cost twice as much as similar players in other leagues. You can triple it if they're English. If we have that kind of money, spend it on someone better and give them a settling in period. We have the benefit of a pretty complete squad now.

To be honest i am as well, i still think the Dembélé situation is a worry and unless Sissoko steps up we are going to need to look for other alternatives long term.. But for this window i am not worried if we do not bring anyone in.
What does Sissoko have to do with it? Never showed anything to indicate that he can play Dembele's role/position before we signed him and Pochettino has showed no indications of wanting him to play there for us.

Winks (and Onomah perhaps) seemingly made Pochettino happy with our options for that role this summer. If anything Winks has further claimed a place on the squad since then. I see no reason to stop trusting him at this point of all times.

We need a better striker than Janssen. I would get Saido in.

A 1 goal in his last 30 forward, who Stoke, Watford and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are battling over?

People need to get past his Brazilian sounding name and the fact that he looked ok in a few U21 games, and see him for the Michael Ricketts he really is.

A 1 goal in his last 30 forward, who Stoke, Watford and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are battling over?

People need to get past his Brazilian sounding name and the fact that he looked ok in a few U21 games, and see him for the Michael Ricketts he really is.

A player who clearly his manager didnt like from day one. We can take him in on loan.

How can you compare him to ricketts, other than the fact he is black and technically English???

He is still a kid in football terms and has been hung out to dry by his current club. The goal scoring record you talk about may be Statistically correct but doesn't factor in minutes played, the opposition or more importantly the team he is playing for and their tactics.

Berahino reminds me of Defoe and would make a very good signing IMO for the right fee

Now that I hear that Martial is looking to leave UTD, I want to see us go for him.

Martial and Depay, like Schneiderlin, had their chances to join us but stuck their noses up.
Like ol Morgan, they should feck off and we should tun up our noses at them; they've failed at a worse team, why should we spend good wages and fees to see them flop with us too?

Just say no (for moral reasons as well as financial)

Any reason to think United would be willing to let Martial leave for less than they signed him for?

If they want to sell him it's a buyers market really - plus they massively overpaid so would always be looking a hit if he was to be moved on quickly

How can you compare him to ricketts, other than the fact he is black and technically English???

He is still a kid in football terms and has been hung out to dry by his current club. The goal scoring record you talk about may be Statistically correct but doesn't factor in minutes played, the opposition or more importantly the team he is playing for and their tactics.

Berahino reminds me of Defoe and would make a very good signing IMO for the right fee

The Ricketts comparison is because they were both one season wonders, who made the fringes of the national side, then we dodged a bullet by failing with a really dumb bid for them, before they Walsall and Tranmered their careers away.

The Ricketts comparison is because they were both one season wonders, who made the fringes of the national side, then we dodged a bullet by failing with a really dumb bid for them, before they Walsall and Tranmered their careers away.

But Berahino hasn't even had that ONE season yet and hasn't come from nowhere either

For me it's a strange comparison and unsubstantiated.

Ricketts was actually a good centre forward. Had he got his move to Spurs when Hoddle wanted to bring him in I think he would've gone from strength to strength. Sometimes in football getting or not getting the right move at the right time can be completely make or break for a player. I have seen many very good players not have the career they could've had due to being at the wrong place at the wrong time, similarly I have seen players who were not stand out players at youth level and expected to drop down the leagues get a lucky break and end up as hot property..... Rashford at Man Utd is a great example of that. He really wasn't particularly fancied as being a player that would make it at the top level, but he got a bit of luck, scored a few goals early on and his career suddenly had a different trajectory.

While you talk about Berahino only appealing to people because he has a Brazilian sounding name, I think you go completely the other way and decide you don't want him simply because he is English and plays (or more pertinently doesn't play) for an unfashionable club. Those that want Berahino because 'he has a Brazilian sounding name' probably haven't really ever properly watched him..... That being said I don't think you have ever really watched him either as a few times on here I have seen you get his attributes completely wrong (and even seen you discounting him as a possible number 9 because he is too small and weak, while advocating Sandro Ramirez from Spain who is shorter and weaker).

Martial and Depay, like Schneiderlin, had their chances to join us but stuck their noses up.
Like ol Morgan, they should feck off and we should tun up our noses at them; they've failed at a worse team, why should we spend good wages and fees to see them flop with us too?

Just say no (for moral reasons as well as financial)
Martial never had a chance to sign for us. Monaco were touting him around for about 28 million. We offered 18 million and that wasn't enough for Monaco to sell. The player then signed a new deal at Monaco, which strengthened their hand for their later negotiations with Man Utd (who by that time were desperate). We also never had the chance to sign Schneiderlin. Southampton wanted 25 million for him and we never got anywhere near that amount in our bidding for him. A player can only choose to join us if we agree a transfer fee with their club. We didn't get particularly close to doing that for either Martial or Schneiderlin. As far as I remember we had interest in Deepay, but I don't think we put a bid in prior to Man Utd having their bid accepted for him. I don't think we then counter bid after they'd had that bid accepted either.

Back