• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Marin cannot even get a game at his current team. If he was any good, one of the top teams in Germany would have snapped him up by now.

When he has started, half the 11 games he gets subbed after an hour.

Last edited:
Marin could be class in the next few years especially as the likes of Modders and Mata have proven that you don't need to be built like Emile Heskey to succeed in the Premier League!

The thing with Modric though is that he has put on quite a bit of muscle weight since he has been here, as has Lennon. One of the reasons I think Jenas never fulfilled his potential.

Going to be an awful transfer deadline day. Im actually really happy there are games, as it completley takes away the limelight from the SSN tossfest with Jim White!

The way they build him up is ridiculous. Especially the shots where they film him coming into the building when he's on his phone and make out he's personally orchestrating the whole thing.

The way they build him up is ridiculous. Especially the shots where they film him coming into the building when he's on his phone and make out he's personally orchestrating the whole thing.

Should take it with a tounge in cheek attitude, I honestly think they are sending themselves up, laughing at themselves. I don't see it as anything else tbh.

Should take it with a tounge in cheek attitude, I honestly think they are sending themselves up, laughing at themselves. I don't see it as anything else tbh.

Oh I agree that the presenters are joking, and go ott on it, but I'm not sure he is the humerous type. Methinks he likes the hype. But generally I am finding transfer windows increasingly boring, especially this one which has been very flat.

Who: mudshark
When: 31th January
Where: GG

The Indian plate will continue moving northward and so the Himalayas will continue rising at the present rate of about 5mm a year, whereas the last remnants of the Caledonian orogeny will continue to be worn inexorably down by erosion. It could all change very quickly, though. No, wait ...

:-k..dodgy curry?

It's about time Corluka was given an extended chance back in the team, let alone selling him. Walker is a good player, could become great, but all his strengths are offensive and we have Lennon to do all that.

Leverkusen in Corluka talks

Tottenham understood to have been contacted by Bundesliga side

Last Updated: January 30, 2012 10:19pm

Sky Sports sources understand that Bayer Leverkusen are in talks with Tottenham to sign Vedran Corluka.

Corluka joined Spurs from Emirates Marketing Project in the summer of 2008 and was a key player under Harry Redknapp during his first few years at White Hart Lane.

However, the right-back has slipped behind Kyle Walker in the pecking order this season and has been starved of first-team opportunities.

Redknapp has a wealth of defensive options and it now appears as though he would be prepared to let Corluka leave.

Bayer Leverkusen are believed to have contacted the London club about the 25-year-old and could be set to secure his services before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

Corluka will be keen to play regularly for the next few months as he looks to cement a place in the Croatia squad for Euro 2012.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7466953/Leverkusen-in-Corluka-talks

I really don't think that Adebayor is worth us trying to arrange a deal which would cost as much as some have said. To pay him ?ú225,000 per week, whether straight out or by paying some huge sum..no!!

That amount should be reserved for a World Class player, not Adebayor. I've been distinctly unimpressed with him lately. He misses too many chances & I'd rather find an alternative to him for link-up play than pay him silly money. I really hope he doesn't join us.

That amount should be reserved for a World Class player, not Adebayor.

Absolutely this

In most non-lotto winning clubs this is the kind of money that could land you a Top 10 FIFA ranked team's starting star player.

Or up to 3 solid above average performers with massive potential

Sorry Ade, but no for that much

Holy brick, Wayne Bridge is to have a medical at Sunderland, surely he doesnt want to finally play football again does he....

Originally Posted by Modric THFC View Post
Best right back we've had in the last 15 years or so.

erm Stevie Carr might have something to say about that

Stevie 'wondergoal' Carr might like to have a say, but it will fall to deaf ears for it is like saying Simon of Davies was our best right wing.

Corluka was, and probably still is, the best right back at the club atm. Just seen some footage from previous seasons where he's setting up Lennon with some nice, easy passes, making Lennon very effective in his direct play. It's a good option to running yourself into some advertisement boards on the byline.

Tied for 1st place in the who's the best right back in the last 15 years: Corluka and Paul 'Una Brow' Stalteri!

I think Rodallega would be a hit for us. Wasn't Demba Ba meant to be one of the summer's worst signings? Wasn't Pav meant to be umazing (and he is GHod dammit!)?
Can't we just swap Pienaar for Rodallega? It's a win/lose, just don't know who's who yet.

Originally Posted by JJetset

Ok here goes and i have to be very careful what i say here for sensitivity reasons.
Due to differing time zones and meetings, today has been quite busy as i'm sure you will understand.
So Pav out is a firm possibility and we are looking at a couple of loans, a winger that we have spoken about previously on here and a centre forward that no one has spoken about and took me by surprise, not as a wow he's amazing but just a bit from left field.
Lot of interest in SP too and that is looking likely.
EH is looking positive still and if it happens will be a summer special but trust me we are going for it and Daniel has been brilliant.
Still on again for LD just dont know the details sorry.
Have to be very careful as lots of deals in the infancy that i dont want to compromise any for a hungry mob of ITK fans!! Much as its fun.

Originally Posted by JJetset

Ok here goes and i have to be very careful what i say here for sensitivity reasons.
Due to differing time zones and meetings, today has been quite busy as i'm sure you will understand.
So Pav out is a firm possibility and we are looking at a couple of loans, a winger that we have spoken about previously on here and a centre forward that no one has spoken about and took me by surprise, not as a wow he's amazing but just a bit from left field.
Lot of interest in SP too and that is looking likely.
EH is looking positive still and if it happens will be a summer special but trust me we are going for it and Daniel has been brilliant.
Still on again for LD just dont know the details sorry.
Have to be very careful as lots of deals in the infancy that i dont want to compromise any for a hungry mob of ITK fans!! Much as its fun.

I interpreted SP as Scott Parker and was quite alarmed then.

Took a step back, realised it was ITK and that it's possibly complete horse poop.

Back