• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

The most common Ade rumour recently has been a low buying price (?ú8m, as opposed to ?ú15m reported in the summer) with the balance going to Adebayor as a sweetner.

The idea being his wage demands wouldnt be so outrageous with all that cash as a golden handshake

Would make sense that, i imagine if he did get a 7m bonus for joining us he would have to give it back if he asked for a transfer some point down the line.

Signing Marin would be an excellent bit of business. He's young, shown he can perform at the top top level and can play on either wing and also in Rafa's role. Plus we'd be signing him at a time when he's had a bip in form so can hopefully get him on the cheap

Can believe we might let Charlie go through - could perhaps undertand it in the summer but from having about 57 right backs a year or two ago, we'd be down to 1 proper RB

I've always wanted him to come here, but it's not going to happen, Levy is being stingy with his chequebook

I've always wanted him to come here, but it's not going to happen, Levy is being stingy with his chequebook

No, just no, Levy is one of the most astute chairmen in football at this time, he probably knows far more about our transfers than harry does. He is not being stingy, if he does not pay out then he just does not see the player as worth the outlay...

The most common Ade rumour recently has been a low buying price (?ú8m, as opposed to ?ú15m reported in the summer) with the balance going to Adebayor as a sweetner.

The idea being his wage demands wouldnt be so outrageous with all that cash as a golden handshake

Its still not enough, we would have to give him 100k a week plus a 8m golden handshake every season to make the 230k a week.

Its still not enough, we would have to give him 100k a week plus a 8m golden handshake every season to make the 230k a week.

In which case he can sod off because he ain't that good, I mean he is worth ?ú100K a week max, and then there is Modric and bale to reckon with

In order to sign Ade IMO City would certainly have to pay a percentage of his wages, City I'd imagine would be more than happy to give 75k a week to get him off the full payroll. They either do that or give him away for free.

or

Adebayor will be 3 years into a 5 year contract with City. Adebayor I'd expect would get a nice handshake from City in order to sign with Tottenham. That remaining two years would mean 11.7m for each of them, he could do a Wayne Bridge and take the full amount sitting on his arse, but he won't do that, he loves football.. Adebayor I would imagine will get a payoff say 15m as a handshake, thus enabling him to be on a reduced wage with us, but of course he doesn't need to accept lesser wages.

Hugo Rodallega will face Tottenham on Tuesday night - and could end up signing for them after the game!

Spurs are ready to make a deadline-day swoop for Wigan's Colombian striker, who is available as he will be out of contract at the end of the season and is refusing to sign a new deal.

And Harry Redknapp is looking to pull off one of the most remarkable moves of the window - if he is given the all-clear by chairman Daniel Levy.

Tottenham emerged as late bidders for Rodallega after QPR had a ?ú4million bid snubbed because they are one of Wigan's relegation-battle rivals.

Fulham have also shown an interest in the 26-year-old, who is a wanted man despite a poor scoring record of just two in 20 appearances in what has been another difficult season with the Latics.

Spurs are hoping to find a buyer for their reserve striker Roman Pavlyuchenko on deadline day and have ear-marked Rodallega as the Russian's replacement.

The Colombian is looking for a bumper contract, so Spurs would have to agree personal terms quickly during the day too, although they are aware of the cost of the package.

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez faces a late call on whether to play Rodallega on Tuesday when there so much interest in him.

But he may yet play in the game for Wigan, go up the tunnel and emerge at the other end as a Tottenham player.

Spurs have scoured the global market for a striker to take Pavlyuchenko's place in the event of his leaving, and could end up finding one under their own nose at White Hart Lane.

Seriously hoping this is a fake rumour with no substance

Further about Adebayor, say he is worth 25m, if we are offering 8m thats a shortfall of 17m.

That 17m could go on wages.

Say we were to give him 100k a week anyway, we could also split that 17m over 4 years ontop of the 100k which works out another 80k a aweek ontop giving him 180k a week.

Last edited:
Wouldnt mind Marin, some backup with decent pace and dribbling skills who can cover a few positions would be welcomed. Better than having to bring Pienaar off the bench.

Seriously hoping this is a fake rumour with no substance[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This would be seriously strange one, but like this window in general I don't believe what I read. The ITK's aren't even entertaining anymore, once it used to make me laugh, now its just boring watching a few saddos regurgitate press or twitter rumour in the form of not very clever cryptic messages. But for conversation if this was true, then hardly one to instill confidence about our transfer strategy.

Rodallega is crap. He would be a disaster signing up there in the Rasiak and Gilberto level of crapness.
Please let this not be true.

Marin could be class in the next few years especially as the likes of Modders and Mata have proven that you don't need to be built like Emile Heskey to succeed in the Premier League!

Rodallega is crap. He would be a disaster signing up there in the Rasiak and Gilberto level of crapness.
Please let this not be true.

We are spurs so I wouldn't rule this ridiculous one out. As you show, we do have history. Can't imagine it happening though, I mean surely not?

Who: mudshark
When: 31th January
Where: GG

The Indian plate will continue moving northward and so the Himalayas will continue rising at the present rate of about 5mm a year, whereas the last remnants of the Caledonian orogeny will continue to be worn inexorably down by erosion. It could all change very quickly, though. No, wait ...

Who: mudshark
When: 31th January
Where: GG

The Indian plate will continue moving northward and so the Himalayas will continue rising at the present rate of about 5mm a year, whereas the last remnants of the Caledonian orogeny will continue to be worn inexorably down by erosion. It could all change very quickly, though. No, wait ...

Let me get you a big shiny new ITK badge, you deserve it! :lol:

Going to be an awful transfer deadline day. Im actually really happy there are games, as it completley takes away the limelight from the SSN tossfest with Jim White!

Back