• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Ahh back to that time of the year again where sad 'ITK's' regurgitate a load of drivel they have either made up, or - as if often the case - simply recycled reports from elsewhere. Torres is an absolute non-starter. He is a top class player, and frankly I am amazed at how poorly AVB has dealt with him. Would snap him up in a shot. But I do hope Harry is looking at Remy because we are absolutely serious about doing something. He would be the kind of player we need and a real statement of intent.

Forgive me, as mentioned before, dont know French football. So is Remy that good then?

Ahh back to that time of the year again where sad 'ITK's' regurgitate a load of drivel they have either made up, or - as if often the case - simply recycled reports from elsewhere. Torres is an absolute non-starter. He is a top class player, and frankly I am amazed at how poorly AVB has dealt with him. Would snap him up in a shot. But I do hope Harry is looking at Remy because we are absolutely serious about doing something. He would be the kind of player we need and a real statement of intent.

Both clubs have spoken to each other so i dont know why harry would go tonight if they had told us to fudge off and come back this summer.

Thats why i think we are actually looking at someone else. They will never sell Remy now unless we make an amazing offer of course.

And he cant risk to be on the bench the next 5 months and miss out on the Euros even though his place in the squad is 99% assured.

Both clubs have spoken to each other so i dont know why harry would go tonight if they had told us to fudge off and come back this summer.

Thats why i think we are actually looking at someone else. They will never sell Remy now unless we make an amazing offer of course.

And he cant risk to be on the bench the next 5 months and miss out on the Euros even though his place in the squad is 99% assured.

You may be right, I never take what Harry says at face value. I would be stunned if they let him go, he is central to how they play and perform, and would rightly cost a signifcant amount of money for them to bite now. He does though have the kind of movement and power we would love to see in out team. He would play just off the right, but is also capable of playing in a simliar role to Ade (he is damn good header of the ball). But if Harry isn't looking at him, who might it be? Would love to see Harry/Levy pull something major out of the bag...

Can Remy play up front on his own or is he better on the right of a 3 man attack

Remy is a striker, goal scorer, plays up front. He played on the right for france as they have to play benzema and play 451.

But he is a proper striker, not a right winger at all.

And by the way his agent has annouced today he had a release clause, dont know how much though. Maybe we're trying to agree a deal for this summer before other clubs try and get him.

Specualting even more, maybe Harry is even speaking to Remy tonight.

He's attractive to us as he can play as a striker or a wide forward, so he can replace pav and gio without having to get in two players and give ourselves a headache.

You may be right, I never take what Harry says at face value. I would be stunned if they let him go, he is central to how they play and perform, and would rightly cost a signifcant amount of money for them to bite now. He does though have the kind of movement and power we would love to see in out team. He would play just off the right, but is also capable of playing in a simliar role to Ade (he is damn good header of the ball). But if Harry isn't looking at him, who might it be? Would love to see Harry/Levy pull something major out of the bag...

French paper stated he was looking at Remy and Valbuena. I hope we're not looking at valbuena, average player in a poor league. He is also the smallest player to play in France.

Apart from them both team have good players we could be looking at such as:

Hazard but we have no chance of getting him.

Lille also have a couple of good defenders aswell such as debuchy, chedjou or basa or beria the left back.

Marseille also have a good goalkeeper that could be on move, Stede Mandanda.

Marseille also have some good defenders like M'bia, N'koulou.

Last edited:
I've wanted him at Spurs for some years now. King, Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson and Samba - can't think of any other clubs in the league with that much quality to choose from.

Not a fan of Walker then? Marseille have Azpilicueta who went there with a big reputation, not sure how he's been doing since he went there though.

Can Remy play up front on his own or is he better on the right of a 3 man attack

Definitely his primary/best position is out right. He has played up top a couple of times when Gignac's been out, but he's not ideal for it - his strongest attribute is driving in from the flank, whereas he's not great with his back to goal.

Not a fan of Walker then? Marseille have Azpilicueta who went there with a big reputation, not sure how he's been doing since he went there though.

Big fan of Walker, just a little joke really. We always seemed to have an abundance of RB's at the Club up until recently.
Corluka,Chimbonda,Hutton,Naughton,Walker and even Kaboul at the time was more a RB. Obviously things have moved on since then, but I do think Corluka's days are numbered at the Club and it wouldnt surprise if he did sign a RB in summer as genuine competition for Walker, as opposed to it being Naughton

Originally a little in-joke, but me thinks I could be onto something????

I had a feeling you were joking and not a walker fan. Im a big walker fan.

Maybe you are onto something, i dont know, after all Corluka is crap and debuchy has been at lille for years so could be on the move. No point moving for him anyway before the euros and sit on the bench.

French paper stated he was looking at Remy and Valbuena. I hope we're not looking at valbuena, average player in a poor league. He is also the smallest player to play in France.

Apart from them both team have good players we could be looking at such as:

Hazard but we have no chance of getting him.

Lille also have a couple of good defenders aswell such as debuchy, chedjou or basa or beria the left back.

Marseille also have a good goalkeeper that could be on move, Stede Mandanda.

Marseille also have some good defenders like M'bia, N'koulou.

Cheers for that. Shows how much talent in on display in France. Hazard would be unbelievable, never going to happen though. But Remy would be just as awesome, and would upset a few gooners which is always good. I sometimes wonder, is Harry just too honest for his own good sometimes, or is he always playing a bit of a game? Perhaps he is going to look at Remy, and perhaps Levy will shock us all by doing a deal for this month. Valbuena would be quality, and would suggest Harry is looking for more out and out width. If so he is right to do that, when Lennon was out we were too narrow. He works hard too which is always a plus!

Back