• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Thats what we said when we got into the CL. Yeah we got VDV but lets be honest - we needed a striker a full on striker. I am ecstatic with Ade and totally agreed with your post in the Ade thread but we need ANOTHER in the summer for sure. What would be ideal is getting someone in NOW so they have a few months to get accustomed to how we play and the PL in time for next season. Less pressure would be on the striker as we have Ade.

That's why it's a gamble. We can't sign an understudy to Adebayor now and then buy another in the summer, so we can risk a short term option and spend the start of next season integrating a player that would not have come to us in January.

January is not a time for big deals, unless you have bags and bags of money. I think signing a potential replacement for Adebayor now would be difficult and the quality of players on the move this summer may be better, as well as our attractiveness to them.

Either way we need to sign someone this window and preferably before the City game!

Some Spurs transfer rumours over the last week:

Ins:
Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen insists he will remain at Ajax until at least the summer, in the wake of reported interest from Man Utd, Tottenham and Arsenal: "Everyone knows that I have ambitions, but my ultimate desire is not to go away just yet. I will stay for this season - and it could be that I stay at Ajax until my contract runs out in 2013."

Tottenham have an ambitious plan to land Marseille's ?ú20million France striker Loic Remy and Saudi Sportswashing Machine goalkeeper Tim Krul to boost their Premier League title bid, according to the Daily Mail.
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed his interest in Marseille forward Loic Remy. "He's a good player," Redknapp said. "He's a player we like and there's interest there."
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is making a new bid to sign striker Loic Remy - but Marseille want a staggering ?ú22 million for him.

Tottenham have made a ?ú7.5million offer for Blackburn defender Chris Samba.

Goal.com thinks Santos were so upset that they’ve now offered their star midfielder to Spurs for €18 million. Well, Goal.com actually thinks Redknapp was telling porkies and that “Ganso comes recommended by Tottenham’s chief scout, Ian Broomfield, who was the driving force behind the club’s €9.6m swoop for defensive midfielder Sandro in 2010”.

Tottenham could beat West Ham to the signing of Evian striker Yannick Sagbo.

Liverpool lead Tottenham and Bologna in the race to sign Inter Milan striker Luc Castaignos, according to Football Italia. The Dutch forward, 19, joined Inter from Feyenoord in the summer but is now looking to go out on loan.

Junior Hoilett could be set to leave Blackburn this January and Tottenham have been sniffing around.

Metro suggests Spurs are keen to make a ?ú3 million offer for Aston Villa defender James Collins.

Outs:
It is being reported that Tottenham have rejected a bid from QPR for midfielder Steven Pienaar.

Calciomercato.com says Tottenham are refusing to sell Gareth Bale to Juventus.

Sebastien Bassong has voiced his frustration at a lack of playing time with Tottenham this season, saying he is open to a move away from the club in the January transfer window. “Whether I stay or I go, we must find a solution,” he told L'Equipe. “I need to play.”

Danny Rose has spoken of his frustration over his lack of game time at Tottenham, and said he would be happy to move on loan to play more regularly: "It's frustrating for me and I need to be patient, but that's easier said than done. If it was up to me, I would be playing every week. Perhaps there is a chance I might go out on loan but we've got a few injuries lately so we will see what happens."

Niko Kranjcar is ready to stay and fight for his place at Tottenham.
Spurs midfielder Niko Kranjcar says he will not be leaving this month:"I still believe my future is here,'' Kranjcar said. "I know the next few months I want to stay, get in shape and hopefully have a good Euro 2012."
Niko Kranjcar is being offered an escape route from Spurs' substitutes bench by Russian giants CSKA Moscow.

Harry Redknapp says he still expects Giovani Dos Santos to leave Tottenham despite his Man of the Match performance against Cheltenham in the FA Cup.

Harry Redknapp says Roman Pavlyuchenko will have to stay at Spurs unless they can find a replacement. “He probably wants to leave, but we can't sell him unless we can find someone who we think could make the difference to us,” he said. “It's no good getting rid of Pav if you can't replace him. You'd leave yourself with two strikers - Adebayor and Defoe - so we can't do that. Pav has quality and he can play. If he is at it, where do you find a better striker? You don't. He is up there with the best.”

Liverpool have turned down an enquiry for misfiring striker Andy Carroll, 23, from Aston Villa, who tried to tempt the Reds with a swap deal involving 27-year-old Darren Bent. Full story: Sunday Express

French side Paris St Germain could come to Carlos Tevez's rescue and sign the 27-year-old striker from Emirates Marketing Project. Full story: Sunday Express

Tottenham are targeting moves for ?ú20m-rated Marseille striker Loic Remy, 25, and 23-year-old Saudi Sportswashing Machine goalkeeper Tim Krul.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted an interest in signing 18-year-old Manchester United midfielder Ravel Morrison.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

However, European champions Barcelona are also considering a move for Morrison.
Full story: Daily Star Sunday

German wonderkid Julian Draxler, 18, is being lined up by Arsenal as a potential replacement for 30-year-old Russian Andrey Arshavin. Full story: Metro

Manchester United could offer 30-year-old Dimitar Berbatov and around ?ú4m to CSKA Moscow in an effort to sign long-term target Keisuke Honda, 25. The Japanese playmaker is also attracting interest from Arsenal. Full story: Footybunker.com

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini wants the resources to bring in a forward and defender as well as the 28-year-old Roma midfielder Daniele de Rossi.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

QPR manager Mark Hughes wants to sign 20-year-old Brazilian striker Henrique, who won the Golden Shoe at last summer's under-20 World Cup, on an initial loan from Sao Paulo before a ?ú5m transfer in the summer.
Full story: the Guardian

Salomon Kalou has emerged as a transfer target for Everton after Arsenal decided against making a bid for the 26-year-old Chelsea striker.
Full story: Metro

Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez, 23, has snubbed a move to Arsenal, instead deciding to finish the season with the Belgian club.
Full story: the Sun

Tottenham have renewed their interest in signing goalkeeper Javi Jimenez on loan from Spanish club Real Murcia. The 24-year-old was also a target last season while at Real Valladolid but he opted to stay in his homeland.

OTHER GOSSIP

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is refusing to step into the mid-season transfer market to solve Arsenal's injury crisis because, he says, players signed in January are self-serving and not committed to the cause.

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini will take the title fight to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, says City assistant manager David Platt.

Midfielder Rory Delap, 35, looks set to be offered another 12-month contract extension by Stoke to take him to nearly 38 years of age.
Full story: Stoke Sentinel

Colin Hendry, a Premier League title winner with Blackburn Rovers in 1995, believes manager Steve Kean must get help from the club's owners Venky's if he is to save them from relegation.
Full story: talkSPORT

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish has written to the club's 20,000 season-ticket holders to give a forthright assessment of his time at Villa Park so far. He says the team's progress has been "satisfactory - can do better" and wants Villa to play "dynamic, exciting football".
Full story: Birmingham Mail

Saudi Sportswashing Machine defender Mike Williamson feels the team have defied critics who predicted their decline following the departures of "big names" such as Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll.
Full story: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle

Liverpool legend John Barnes believes midfielder Steven Gerrard is second only to Kenny Dalglish as the club's greatest player of all time.
Full story: talkSPORT

New QPR manager Mark Hughes is set to ditch 29-year-old midfielder Joey Barton. Full story: Sunday Mirror

AND FINALLY

Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli has set his eyes on becoming a skilled DJ following a meeting with Tim Westwood.
Full story: Metro

[Update 31] Archie on Hoilett and Samba
Who: Archie
When: 14th January
Where: SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
Blackburn will let Hoilett go(short contract).. Sambas gonna be a difficult one as althogh he wants to leave they desperately need him.. It could well mean we offer them all sorts of things...

Tottenham have renewed their interest in signing goalkeeper Javi Jimenez on loan from Spanish club Real Murcia. The 24-year-old was also a target last season while at Real Valladolid but he opted to stay in his homeland.

Dont really get this one. He is hardly going to play many games, considering Freidels excellent appearance record. If we did need someone to step in, I doubt we would throw him into the team at a crucial stage of the season. Cudicini is a superb back-up.
So as a short loan deal I dont get it.

We need an upgrade on Adebayor though. I think Adebayor has been great at linking the play but we need a goalscorer and that isn't him. The thread was created because he misses too many chances and that takes away from the good work that he does. We don't have enough otter players who score regularly to justify playing a striker who doesn't bring many goals with him.

We need an upgrade on Adebayor though. I think Adebayor has been great at linking the play but we need a goalscorer and that isn't him. The thread was created because he misses too many chances and that takes away from the good work that he does. We don't have enough otter players who score regularly to justify playing a striker who doesn't bring many goals with him.

We've got zero chance of signing a better striker than Adebayor this month

Then we have to add a player to the first team who will score more goals. Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project score more goals than us and that will be the difference come the end of the season.

Then we have to add a player to the first team who will score more goals. Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project score more goals than us and that will be the difference come the end of the season.

It'd be very risky to change the way that we play mid-season

Harry has told Radio 5 that he is going to watch Remy today

Wonder if Harry have ever entertained the idea of keeping transfer targets quiet to himself

Harry has told Radio 5 that he is going to watch Remy today

Wonder if Harry have ever entertained the idea of keeping transfer targets quiet to himself

Is there any point? If he is looking at a move to England then I guess that his agent will be letting all the other clubs know of our interest anyway.

Is there any point? If he is looking at a move to England then I guess that his agent will be letting all the other clubs know of our interest anyway.

The problem imo is that his value will soar - especially if he has a good game tonight.

Marseille are not keen on selling him until the summer with them being in the CL and fighting to be in the CL places at the end of the season.

So if he scores 2 goals tonight, it will be even harder driving the price down if more clubs gets interested in him.

Back