• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

The problem is, ever since we sold Berbatov and Keane in 2008, this will be the 7th transfer window in which we have failed to address the striker situation. We've bought other strikers, none of whom were of the same class of Berbatov and Keane. We've gone some way to alleviating that with the loaning of Adebayor but its a temporary fix, especially as I don't feel like we'll be able to bridge the huge gap between how much we can pay in wages and how much he wants.

So at the beginning of this summer, we very easily see Pav being moved on, Adebayor going back to City and an ageing Defoe as our only striker. Maybe Redknapp going onto England. Its frustrating having a big weakness for 3/4 seasons and not addressing it.

The problem is, ever since we sold Berbatov and Keane in 2008, this will be the 7th transfer window in which we have failed to address the striker situation. We've bought other strikers, none of whom were of the same class of Berbatov and Keane. We've gone some way to alleviating that with the loaning of Adebayor but its a temporary fix, especially as I don't feel like we'll be able to bridge the huge gap between how much we can pay in wages and how much he wants.

So at the beginning of this summer, we very easily see Pav being moved on, Adebayor going back to City and an ageing Defoe as our only striker. Maybe Redknapp going onto England. Its frustrating having a big weakness for 3/4 seasons and not addressing it.

I think it goes to show how hard it is to find the right player AND get him to come here. We spent a lot of money on Pav, but he didn't turn out quite as hoped. For Levy to spend even more, I think he needs to be absolutely sure it's the right player.

Pav was a panic buy, that much was obvious, based on his performances at the Euros. Which I actually thought were hugely over-rated anyway.

7 transfer windows to sort out a major problem in the team. We've let it get to a very dangerous situation where, as I said, it certainly is not beyond the realms of possibility that we start the transfer window with a 30 year old Defoe as our only striker.

Where are our scouting team?

But I don't think Adebayor will be here next season so we're likely to be back to square one. And maybe with a new manager having to get used to the club etc.

Don't expect our future striker to come in this window. Would hope we could get it sorted before the Euros. With CL and brand new training facilities we should be a decent enough prospect now.

Hope so. Recent history indicates that we're more likely to finish the window with Bobby Zamora and Macheda on loan. ;)

And considering our purchasing has dried up quite significantly since Redknapp arrived (we've spent a net of 35 million and almost all of that in the first season he arrived), I hadn't deluded myself into thinking we were going to buy a couple of strikers this window. But we're forcing ourselves into a very very tight corner.

We're not gonna buy another striker until we know what's going on with the Adebayor situation.
And that wont be resolved until the summer.

We're not gonna buy another striker until we know what's going on with the Adebayor situation.
And that wont be resolved until the summer.

Think that will be the case but what sort of message does that give to Modric etc?

We need to make our move this window or have it done and dusted for July 1st not August 31st otherwise I can't see why Modric & Bale (maybe VdV) won't agitate for a move straight off.

Tevez to West Ham rumours rife on twitter and SkyBet has cut the odds significantly. Someone having a laugh I'd guess.

Tevez to West Ham rumours rife on twitter and SkyBet has cut the odds significantly. Someone having a laugh I'd guess.

Don't think it is mate, lot of West Ham fans are hearing its true - short term 3 month loan deal.

Either way don't see how it makes any difference to West Ham, they're getting promoted anyway and not like he'll be signing there full time....

I mentioned moses and sinclair the other day, not sure they are the goal scorers we need but they both have something and are young and will get better.

Fair shouts. Im a big advocate of Hoilett too. We are talking backup to Bale/Lennon, not a straight first team starter.

All three are quick, tricky and direct, would work wonders in (and for) our set up

Don't think it is mate, lot of West Ham fans are hearing its true - short term 3 month loan deal.

Either way don't see how it makes any difference to West Ham, they're getting promoted anyway and not like he'll be signing there full time....

I would be amazed, frankly, if he ended up at West Ham. Clubs all over europer would be willing to take him on loan - and pay all (or a huge chunk of) his wages - West Ham shouldnt stand a chance

Back