• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I think he was just given a shorter deal last time because of his age. I'm sure we'll see a 2 or so year extension in the next few weeks

Yep, he's happy here, we certainly won't want to lose our two senior CBs at the same time.

Two years would be fine, eventually he'll get older but even then as experienced backup I doubt we could do better.

I don’t think we should buy a centre back, even if Alderweireld leaves. Jan is there to help Sanchez and Foyth. That’s why it’s so important to get him to sign. He seems to be making noises like he wants to.

Seen a couple articles having a go at the medical staff for trying to get him back on. I hope it wasn't a bad concussion.

There was a lot of booing when the ref seemed to question him coming back on.
But he was right.
It happened right in front of me and It initially looked like he had “just” broken his nose but then it became clearer that he was dazed at best. I guess it will take us longer to get the correct controls in place but he really shouldn’t have been allowed to come back on.

Back