• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Tottenham have confirmed that Jan Vertonghen has completed his transfer to White Hart Lane from Ajax after passing a medical with the North London club. We will have more on this story shortly.

Longest (real...) medical EVVAAHH

He's got fantastic touch for a defender. Hell, he's got better ball skills than Defoe!

Remains to be seen how he does in the Prem, when he's got no time on the ball at all, but he looks like a strong, tall, technical, articulate player. Should do well in Europe, even if he takes a while to bed down against the likes of Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

In five seasons' time, I'm expecting a picture of Vertonghen under "Cultured Defender" on Wikipedia.

I'm confident he'll do well just because Vermaelen has done so well for Arsenal. Many in Ajax believe he was the better of the two and Belgians usually do well in this country (someone will probably bring up Blondel now).. but the best defender in the league and perhaps in the world is Belgian in Vincent Kompany. Chelsea have just signed a highly rated Belgian for a £30m+ as well as a young highly rated Belgian last year for around £15m etc.

I think he'll be fine. He isn't the fastest though so if AVB is going to apply his high line tactics, It will be interesting to see.

Kompany IS the best central defender in the world. Seems like a top leader too. What a signing by Mark Hughes

albertphillipe.jpg

Attachments

• albertphillipe.jpg
    albertphillipe.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8

If someone had shown me that pic 2 months ago I wouldn't have been able to name either of those players.

Which is a comment on my ignorance of course, not on the ability of the two lads which does look to be of the requisite quality for a Top 4 squad. At least, that's what my extensive investigations on YouTube would suggest.

I'm so glad we have AVB in charge, It was such a downer having saggy chops.

Nice pic of Vert and Sig together.

so we've signed James Beattie and Denis Leary... big whoopla!!

sigurdsson-swansea-300x300.jpg
1409a3db075e1806c9c32722381c4256.jpg

JanVertonghen-POSE120712R300.jpg
denis-leary-300x300.jpg

In all seriousness... I'm just glad we've signed a couple of players who WANT to be here... eh Luka...? eh...? EH... EH?!!!!

Back