• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK

Regarding Benteke, he could work, we would need to cross the ball though, but we could just change tactic to cross rather than work ball into box when he is in the team.

Id take him for £20m absolutely.

Regarding Benteke, he could work, we would need to cross the ball though, but we could just change tactic to cross rather than work ball into box when he is in the team.

Id take him for £20m absolutely.
That's just MADNESS!! I'd rather have Igahlo for that kind of money. He's faster, more far more agile and just as strong, and he's far better with the ball.

Benteke wouldn't work for us, the same way as he doesn't work for Liverpool - because we don't play on the break or with wingers.

Andy Carroll mk2. So predictable.

Six month loan with a 20M option to buy in the summer - would bite their hand off...

A kane - Benteke combo is the ultimate solution to break down clubs parking the bus at WHL.

Check back to the start of the summer. I said all through the threads that either Liverpool or us would be mad to play with Beneteke, because he only works in a system where:
- You play on the break (we're both possession sides)
- You have 2 orthodox wingers (we both have inverted wing forwards)
- You have a 'Gerrard-style' ACM (we both have more creative #10s)

That's been completely shown out by his 6 months at Liverpool, who are now trying to offload him. They made the Andy Carroll mistake (effective player in a completely different system to one you are ever going to play) all over again.

You might be right, but he is far more talented than Andy Caroll for me....

I think Carroll is a decent player. But neither of them are suited to a passing team.

Hence why Beneteke suddenly became good again when Sherwood replaced Lambert and starting playing some long balls to him.

Check back to the start of the summer. I said all through the threads that either Liverpool or us would be mad to play with Beneteke, because he only works in a system where:

That's been completely shown out by his 6 months at Liverpool, who are now trying to offload him. They made the Andy Carroll mistake (effective player in a completely different system to one you are ever going to play) all over again.
But have you considered that you might have been as equally wrong then as you are now?

I'm not really up on European football so don't know the answers to these questions, perhaps you do?....

1. Do Belgium play on the break with 2 orthodox wingers?
2. Did Ghent play on the break with 2 orthodox wingers?

If they both do/did then you're probably right in your claims, if not then perhaps the player has more strings to his bow than you give him credit for?

Didn't you also claim that Loic Remy could only play in a team who play on the break because he happened to play successfully for QPR, without also considering how France, Nice or Marseille played?

Still rubbish.

Gives us different options.Doubt Liverpool would really sell to us though but if it did happen I would bet Berehino ends up at Liverpool

But have you considered that you might have been as equally wrong then as you are now?

I'm not really up on European football so don't know the answers to these questions, perhaps you do?....

1. Do Belgium play on the break with 2 orthodox wingers?
2. Did Ghent play on the break with 2 orthodox wingers?

If they both do/did then you're probably right in your claims, if not then perhaps the player has more strings to his bow than you give him credit for?

Didn't you also claim that Loic Remy could only play in a team who play on the break because he happened to play successfully for QPR, without also considering how France, Nice or Marseille played?
Belgium play with Lukaku up front.

We will not get by for a season with just Kane as our only option up top, so yes for Benteke if the price is reasonable. He has way more to his game than just being a big target man (which has it's uses too).

Are people not fazed that a team that play similar to us want to move him on because he's not suited to how they play?

I think we have much more creativity and versatility in our side

Stop Coutinho and you stop liverpoo. For us that could have been eriksen but others have stepped up now

Since when do top clubs sell players to rivals mid season and strengthen their rivals top 4 chances above what they going for in this season of all seasons !!!?? Silly talk .. Yes Klopp might not fancy benteke but unless he isn't given a penny but has players lined up to join, there is no way Liverpool sell to us in January , absolute zero

Back