• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

This makes me laugh. Love it. Sums up all that is wrong with the BPL and modern football culture. GHod, imagine relying on last summer's massively expensive signings? Surely the huge investment we made last summer in players that struggled to hit the ground running should be chucked in the bin this summer and a load more money spent on equally expensive new toys to get excited about, before they too struggle to get to grips with the PL in their first season.

Everyone was really excited by Soldado last summer. People say "we need a new striker". We bought a £26m goal machine last summer, we're gonna bin him off now because he struggled last season? He's looked really sharp in pre-season. Same with Lamela.

We have a lot of quality in the squad already. The key for me was to shore up parts of the squad like left-back and centre-back. Ben Davies is a solid signing and Eric Dier is another good investment. There's no great urgency this summer as we haven't lost anyone we didn't want to. So we're playing the waiting game for the right players.

Agreed

This makes me laugh. Love it. Sums up all that is wrong with the BPL and modern football culture. GHod, imagine relying on last summer's massively expensive signings? Surely the huge investment we made last summer in players that struggled to hit the ground running should be chucked in the bin this summer and a load more money spent on equally expensive new toys to get excited about, before they too struggle to get to grips with the PL in their first season.

Everyone was really excited by Soldado last summer. People say "we need a new striker". We bought a £26m goal machine last summer, we're gonna bin him off now because he struggled last season? He's looked really sharp in pre-season. Same with Lamela.

We have a lot of quality in the squad already. The key for me was to shore up parts of the squad like left-back and centre-back. Ben Davies is a solid signing and Eric Dier is another good investment. There's no great urgency this summer as we haven't lost anyone we didn't want to. So we're playing the waiting game for the right players.

Exactly this

I'm personally loving everyone saying we've had a poor transfer period. They were all saying how wonderful we did last season. They know **** nothing.

i think its not just about signing a star player but also trimming fat from the squad so that the 25 man list looks purposeful.

that said, i think any judgement is premature, that we'll see more outs and maybe a couple of ins right up to transfer dateline day.

i think its not just about signing a star player but also trimming fat from the squad so that the 25 man list looks purposeful.

that said, i think any judgement is premature, that we'll see more outs and maybe a couple of ins right up to transfer dateline day.

Yep - lets see what the squad looks like on Aug 31. If we complete the signing of the Argie CB, rebalance our CMs by signing someone who can pass and get rid of 1 senior CM and potentially also sign a decent left winger then it will have been a very good window. I think we've already made our most important signing though in getting in Poch in place of Deadwood

Who: Atlanta Yid
Where: COYS
When: 11/08/14

I have been told that it will all be last day shopping at Spurs this year. (again)
waiting for the right player at the right price
coach happy with the players he has knows what he wants but DL not going to over pay like he did last year

**posted in a thread titled: Mateo Musacchio

I was expecting Schneiderlin to be a deadline day saga. But if there are 3rd party ownership issues with Musacchio it's a bit risky leaving it late in my opinion. We got stung on Moutinho by doing that.

I was expecting Schneiderlin to be a deadline day saga. But if there are 3rd party ownership issues with Musacchio it's a bit risky leaving it late in my opinion. We got stung on Moutinho by doing that.

It might be the only way to get them. Neither is an absolute necessity at the moment, therefore we can afford to wait.

It might be the only way to get them. Neither is an absolute necessity at the moment, therefore we can afford to wait.

That depends on what our objectives are for the season. I think the signing of schneiderlin is a must if we hope to finish top 4.

See I think Musacchio is the neceessity out of the two. I think our midfield could get by without Schneiderlin, but I don't have much hope for our defence with question marks around Chiriches, Kaboul and Dawson.

[/B]

That depends on what our objectives are for the season. I think the signing of schneiderlin is a must if we hope to finish top 4.

I don't see Schneiderlin as being the player to get us top 4 over any other signing we might make. There are players in our current team that need to improve before top 4 can be talked about.

Last season we made a profit on player in/outs, this year we are braking even. Most years its like this, so I suppose they are doing a good job of running the club as a business. I don't expect much more to happen this summer except the usual heaped spoonful of bull**** on Sep 1st.

I don't see Schneiderlin as being the player to get us top 4 over any other signing we might make. There are players in our current team that need to improve before top 4 can be talked about.

Neither do I, I do think some are going over the top about Schneiderlin. Primarily he is an example of how Poch can better a player, if he can do that to someone like him he should be able to mould someone of Capoue/Bentalebs' talent into arguably even better players....

Though one of problems in our squad is that we have a bunch of CMs but no real natural pairing / partnership...witnessed by the fact that if you asked 10 different people on here what their preferred CM combo would be then you would probably get 6 or 7 different answers

and how would adding another player there make it any different? I really don't see what Schneiderlin can bring that any of our current players can't do already.

If we didn't need schneiderlin for example because Poch thought what we had was ok or that he would be no bettr than the midfielders we have already then we would not be in for him. He had the most interceptions in the entire Pl last season iirc, he is a good tackler and therefore protects the back line well exactly what we didn't have last season. I like Sandro but he is injury prone. Capoue as I have said many times before does not convince me especially against quick passing teams. Schneiderlin is exactly what we need IMO.

If we didn't need schneiderlin for example because Poch thought what we had was ok or that he would be no bettr than the midfielders we have already then we would not be in for him. He had the most interceptions in the entire Pl last season iirc, he is a good tackler and therefore protects the back line well exactly what we didn't have last season. I like Sandro but he is injury prone. Capoue as I have said many times before does not convince me especially against quick passing teams. Schneiderlin is exactly what we need IMO.

We went for Schneiderlin before Poch had really had a chance to look at everyone in close quarters. He might of viewed him as a 'nice to have' obviously because he's a very good midfielder but also because he's someone he trusts. Our bid failed, and its all gone quiet. Whos to say we will be back in for him? Of course we might try something close to deadline, but it could just aswell be that after spending some time with our players he's not a necessity and is confident he could coach some of our current players into the productive midfielder Schneiderlin has become ....

Back