• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Schneiderlin & Musacchio ITK http://theboyhotspur.com/schneiderlin-musacchio-itk/?
Posted by: Harry Hotspur August 19, 2014 in Tottenham Hotspur 17 Comments

Had an interesting conversation yesterday with someone who has a far better grasp of what is going on in respect of both of these deals than the sports pages of the newspapers.
On Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, the situation is relatively straight forward. Personal terms are agreed with Spurs and his club are painfully too aware of this. He wants to come to us.
Aside from the Saints still looking to bring in and shuffle players around, the real issue is money. And despite an offer of £17million, the price has been set at £20million. So a deal is very much there to be done.
The problem of course, then harks back to yesterday’s blog. In order for Spurs to accommodate an inflated fee, and of course the wages of Morgan, it would be helpful if one or two of our existing players – who are hanging on for grim death – did the right thing and joined Hull.
With Musacchio the situation is far more complex, because of the split ownership issue. But this is something that has so far been reported erroneously. The story that River Plate own 35% of Matteo is fundamentally untrue. That figure was invented, and you have to ask yourself if the fact that the Football Manager quotes the same arrangement, is merely a coincidence.
I understand that it is Musacchio’s agent Marcelo Lombilla (quelle surprise) that is the problem. He is said to have a whopping 80% stake in the Argentine. So both River Plate and Villareal are going to end up with shares in any sale that will just about buy them a fish supper each.
And here is the fun bit. I’m told that it was Lombilla that lent Villarreal money in order to make Musacchio’s move from River Plate happen.
So in conclusion, the Morgan Schneiderlin deal is reliant upon Spurs finding £20million and some space on the wage bill.
The Musacchio deal is reliant upon an act of GHod the player’s agent, and the two clubs involved reaching a decision that is amicable to 3 parties.

The bit about Musacchio's agent owning a large percentage of his rights and loaning Villarreal the money to get him isn't new. It was widely reported weeks ago.

The bit about Musacchio's agent owning a large percentage of his rights and loaning Villarreal the money to get him isn't new. It was widely reported weeks ago.

i didnt see it reported anywhere that the agent holds an 80% share in the player

i didnt see it reported anywhere that the agent holds an 80% share in the player
I couldn't say for certain whether the figures were reported but I am not sure that I would put much credence on figures that Harry Hotspur reported and no one else had either.

Schneiderlin & Musacchio ITK http://theboyhotspur.com/schneiderlin-musacchio-itk/?

Had an interesting conversation yesterday with someone who has a far better grasp of what is going on in respect of both of these deals than the sports pages of the newspapers.
On Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin, the situation is relatively straight forward. Personal terms are agreed with Spurs and his club are painfully too aware of this. He wants to come to us.
Aside from the Saints still looking to bring in and shuffle players around, the real issue is money. And despite an offer of £17million, the price has been set at £20million. So a deal is very much there to be done.
The problem of course, then harks back to yesterday’s blog. In order for Spurs to accommodate an inflated fee, and of course the wages of Morgan, it would be helpful if one or two of our existing players – who are hanging on for grim death – did the right thing and joined Hull.
With Musacchio the situation is far more complex, because of the split ownership issue. But this is something that has so far been reported erroneously. The story that River Plate own 35% of Matteo is fundamentally untrue. That figure was invented, and you have to ask yourself if the fact that the Football Manager quotes the same arrangement, is merely a coincidence.
I understand that it is Musacchio’s agent Marcelo Lombilla (quelle surprise) that is the problem. He is said to have a whopping 80% stake in the Argentine. So both River Plate and Villareal are going to end up with shares in any sale that will just about buy them a fish supper each.
And here is the fun bit. I’m told that it was Lombilla that lent Villarreal money in order to make Musacchio’s move from River Plate happen.
So in conclusion, the Morgan Schneiderlin deal is reliant upon Spurs finding £20million and some space on the wage bill.
The Musacchio deal is reliant upon an act of GHod the player’s agent, and the two clubs involved reaching a decision that is amicable to 3 parties.

Out of order! These players are under contract and have every right to do the "right thing" for themselves. Works both ways I'm afraid. We should be more careful about our contracts.

I couldn't say for certain whether the figures were reported but I am not sure that I would put much credence on figures that Harry Hotspur reported and no one else had either.

we shall see

Harry Hotspur is always full of ****, to be fair.

Every other source, including all those in Spain and Argentina, talks about both Villarreal and River Plate holding a significant share in Musacchio's registration.

Out of order! These players are under contract and have every right to do the "right thing" for themselves. Works both ways I'm afraid. We should be more careful about our contracts.

I've read that the problem is that they want Spurs to pay out the remainder of their contract, which kind of defeats the purpose of trying to lower our wage bill.

The goal return from traditional crosses into the box is fairly low. The average, uneducated (in terms of football) fan loves a bit of wing play and getting the ball into the box, but it's highly ineffective. Man United under Moyes put in an enormous amount of crosses, but probably scored from no more than 1 or 2 % of them.

That doesn't make wingers useless though and there are still quite a few of them around.

The goal return from most phases of play and most actions is inevitably low. We're not talking about basketball here! That doesn't render crosses any less effective than dribbles or forward passes or long shots.

Spurspanyol ‏@Spurspanyol
@theboyhotspur's article about Marcelo Lombilla, Musacchio's agent, owning 80% of the player's economic rights is completely untrue.

The fact is River Plate own 35%, as do Villarreal with his agent holding the remaining 30%. Pretty indisputable.

The goal return from most phases of play and most actions is inevitably low. We're not talking about basketball here! That doesn't render crosses any less effective than dribbles or forward passes or long shots.
My understanding of one of the reasons that managers have moved towards inverse wingers is that a player coming inside and having a shot is more likely to result in a goal than getting a cross in from the byline.

The problem with crosses though is that you immediately concede possession with a number of your players out of position. Passing and movement instead helps you keep possession, and keep your shape for if you do lose the ball.

@theboyhotspur's article about Marcelo Lombilla, Musacchio's agent, owning 80% of the player's economic rights is completely untrue.

The fact is River Plate own 35%, as do Villarreal with his agent holding the remaining 30%. Pretty indisputable.

Not that Im saying theboyhotspur is right, but what does Spurspanyol know? I thought he just reported what the local papers were saying, and theboyhotspur said what has been reported is incorrect so obviously their info is going to conflict as Spurspanyol is only relaying media info no?

well we cant believe Spurspanyol any more than we can believe the hotspur bloke......as milo said, details of players contracts are frequently misreported

well we cant believe Spurspanyol any more than we can believe the hotspur bloke......as milo said, details of players contracts are frequently misreported

Except for the fact that HH has repeatedly proved himself to be full of ****.

Spurspanyol has yet to achieve a similar status.

We know that Harry Hotspur is full of ****. Whether Spurspanyol is too remains unproven. At the moment, I would be more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Spurspanyol but obviously still taking what he says with a pinch of salt.

The problem with crosses though is that you immediately concede possession with a number of your players out of position. Passing and movement instead helps you keep possession, and keep your shape for if you do lose the ball.

True....if what you're talking about is brainless, poor quality crossing.

Besides which, pass-and-move and and crossing are not mutually exclusive. They can easily lead one to the other. In fact, I'd go further.......crossing is just another word for passing - with the qualifying distinction that it is delivered from a specific, wide (or, at least, not central) area of the pitch.

Back