• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Isn't The Rock just everyones hero..

Yes, because people are awarded that based on the strength of their acting ability. The Rock won his WWF Titles regardless of his acting skills, the team behind WWF decided for whatever reason that the Rock would win each of those titles. Had another victor been chosen for these titles I doubt that we'd even be talking about The Rock now.

I'm not saying he isn't good at wrestling, of course he was but that's separate in this instance from winning the titles. The ability to wrestle allows The Rock to make his moves convincing and pretend that pain is both suffered and inflicted. I know too that some of the moves DO hurt, but they are sustained due to the nature of the event. Still though his WWF Titles are not Achievements, he did not win them but was only informed that he would. His titles are no more real than those earned by Rocky as portrayed by Sylvester Stallone.

For whatever reason? The reason being than in a field where there are thousands of participants across the world, which combines both athletic ability and acting chops, the WWE which is not an insignificant organization decided they wanted The Rock to be their number one guy.

It's not as if they chose him because they pulled his number out of a hat, they chose him due to years of service and the popularity he built with the fans. It's why guys like The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple HHH get the titles and jobbers like Bob Holly do not.

I'd liken it to an actor who constantly gets leading roles on Broadway. It's an accomplishment that's "scripted" due to being the best of the best.

Its partly both - they wouldnt have chosen him if he didnt grow into the role. Make it his own etc. They obviously play a part in making him that character but he still needs to pull it off.

For whatever reason? The reason being than in a field where there are thousands of participants across the world, which combines both athletic ability and acting chops, the WWE which is not an insignificant organization decided they wanted The Rock to be their number one guy.

It's not as if they chose him because they pulled his number out of a hat, they chose him due to years of service and the popularity he built with the fans. It's why guys like The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple HHH get the titles and jobbers like Bob Holly do not.

I'd liken it to an actor who constantly gets leading roles on Broadway. It's an accomplishment that's "scripted" due to being the best of the best.

How f*cking dare you! 4 times Tag and 6 time Hardcore champ.

;)

I have a lot of respect for Will Smith being given that role in a massive blockbuster movie.

I can see what you did there ;)

Is it an achievement though for an actor to be given a film role? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

I wouldn't necessarily look at a new job as a list able achievement even if perhaps it could be described as such.

There are thousands of thousands of people all over the world who would love to star in the sort of movies that Will Smith stars in.

The producers though are very selective of who they pick because so much money is invested in the movies. So the selection of the big star who is going to be the star and face of the multimillion dollar movie is a massive deal.

Same goes for who the WWE pick as being their World Champion.

The Rock is a legend! So much charisma and star power and yet seems remarkably humble.

Never understood why people preferred Stone Cold. He never seemed to lose, got really boring. Plus nowhere near as charismatic as The Rock, who was great as both a good guy and bad guy. Stone Cold was terrible as a bad guy and about as funny as having the bricks.

Some of the biggest action stars often co-produce their own movies. They get some rich buddies to put up the cash as it's pretty much guaranteed to pay off.

Will Smith produced films like I Robot, Hitch, Han****, The Karate Kid and of course the upcoming I Am Legend 2, The Karate Kid 2 and Han**** 2. Tom Cruise has the rights to Mission Impossible, so he will keep doing those whenever he feels like it.

The Rock is a legend! So much charisma and star power and yet seems remarkably humble.

Never understood why people preferred Stone Cold. He never seemed to lose, got really boring. Plus nowhere near as charismatic as The Rock, who was great as both a good guy and bad guy. Stone Cold was terrible as a bad guy and about as funny as having the bricks.

And if anyone doubts this, try watching some of Stone Cold's WWE produced movies. They SUCK.

Jake the snake Roberts,Owen Hart,Rowdy Roddy Piper,Mr Perfect and plenty more are WWF Wrestlers who were never world champ. They just didn't quite have the star quality needed to be successful world champs. It's what sets people like The Rock Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels apart from the rest. These days there is a dearth of star quality so jabronies like John Cena are made the Star man but for the really big PPV shows they bring out HHH and The Undertaker and The Rock too boost the PPV sales.

Not being funny, but isn't wrestling for children?

Most of my childhood was in the 80s, when wrestling burst onto the scene

It had, and I assume still has, mass market appeal for kids aged 6-11

Ignoring the American red-necks, that are amused by this sort of thing, are there really fully grown humanoids that watch wrestling? :eek:

Not being funny, but isn't wrestling for children?

Most of my childhood was in the 80s, when wrestling burst onto the scene

It had, and I assume still has, mass market appeal for kids aged 6-11

Ignoring the American red-necks, that are amused by this sort of thing, are there really fully grown humanoids that watch wrestling? :eek:

Thats my impression as well?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Fapatalk 2

And, needless to say, my opinion too. One of my mates always used to want to play wrestling games but they bored me senseless.

Anyone who didn't watch wrestling in the late 90s wasn't normal to me. That was the most profitable and most entertaining era in the history of wrestling. You had house hold names all over the place and merchandise was everywhere. EVERYONE in my school was wearing either an nWo shirt, DX or a Austin 3:16 one. Then again, society has changed since then and every things gotten too PC

Each to their own. At its best WWF wrestling is top notch entertainment. Sadly it's not been at its best for over ten years.

Back